Windows 10: How do I indicate Internet Explorer to download a .nlp file

Discus and support How do I indicate Internet Explorer to download a .nlp file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a download problem in W10 1709. How do I indicate Internet Explorer to download a .nlp file like here: http://download.nirsoft.net/joeware.nlp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by heikwith, Apr 26, 2018.

1. heikwith Win User

How do I indicate Internet Explorer to download a .nlp file

I have a download problem in W10 1709.
    How do I indicate Internet Explorer to download a .nlp file like here:
    http://download.nirsoft.net/joeware.nlp
    When I click on this url in IE11 the file is opened in IE browsing mode.
    I want the same reaction from IE as for a .zip file (what do want to do .....)

:)

heikwith, Apr 26, 2018

2. How do I download a compatible Internet Explorer 11 with my windows 10 HP Desktop?

Internet Explorer 11 is already Installed in Windows 10. Just click on start, scroll through apps till you find Windows Accessories, click on it, and you will find Internet Explorer. You can Pin it tp your start scree and/or Taskbar. Hope this helps and
    if you need any further assistance post and we be glad to help.

richard000002, Apr 26, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How do I download a compatible Internet Explorer 11 with my windows 10 HP Desktop?

If you don't like Microsoft Edge, that's fine, but don't use Internet Explorer. That's old technology that hasn't been updated in years, except for security updates, and won't be updated in the future.

IE was included in Windows 10 for the benefit of businesses who have old software that relies on the outmoded technologies of Internet Explorer, like ActiveX controls.

If you don't like Microsoft Edge, switch to a modern browser that's up to date with current standards, like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or the Opera browser.

BulldogXX, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

How do I indicate Internet Explorer to download a .nlp file

1. How do I indicate Internet Explorer to download a .nlp file - Similar Threads - indicate Internet Explorer

2. How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?: I have two 'internet shortcuts' in the document section of my files that are unable to be deleted. I have selected them and clicked the delete button at the top of the page, but they only disappear for a second before reappearing. They both direct me to OneNote on Google...
  3. How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?: I have two 'internet shortcuts' in the document section of my files that are unable to be deleted. I have selected them and clicked the delete button at the top of the page, but they only disappear for a second before reappearing. They both direct me to OneNote on Google...
  4. How to get vpk files to download as vpk and not through internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get vpk files to download as vpk and not through internet explorer: I’m trying to download vpk files and they automatically go to internet explorer so the files don’t save right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-vpk-files-to-download-as-vpk-and-not/40733e9c-82b2-4067-a21b-785b31c89ca1
  5. How to get vpk files to download as vpk and not through internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get vpk files to download as vpk and not through internet explorer: I’m trying to download vpk files and they automatically go to internet explorer so the files don’t save right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-vpk-files-to-download-as-vpk-and-not/40733e9c-82b2-4067-a21b-785b31c89ca1
  6. How to get vpk files to download as vpk and not through internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do I open a rar file with Internet Explorer?

How do I open a rar file with Internet Explorer?: I am trying to open a rar file to install a driver for my graphic tablet. Each time I try to open with Internet Explorer, the program immediately closes without being able to do anything. What should I do to open the rar file or should I just use a different software to open...
  8. How do I remove the "My files in Dropbox" shortcut in the Downloads in File Explorer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove the "My files in Dropbox" shortcut in the Downloads in File Explorer...: [ATTACH] I installed dropbox on my computer to backup some items, and at some point I didn't want to use it anymore, because I already had Onedrive, so I didn't see the point in having dropbox as well. I then unsynced my dropbox from my pc and deleted dropbox from the...
  9. How do I download off the internet

How do I download off the internet: For example, what stroke sequence gives save as. And how do I recover the result. This is a new Windows 10 computer and I am finding it a poor servant with a very intrusive Microsoft presence....
  10. Internet Explorer is downloading files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer is downloading files: I have accidentally set internet explorer as my default for downloading apps, but I do not like Internet explorer's slow download speed, can I change my default for downloading apps back to the original? I use Chrome, and I just do not like IE....