Windows 10: How do I install Cortana? Didn't come with the install.

Discus and support How do I install Cortana? Didn't come with the install. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason Cortana wasn't installed when I installed Windows, I don't know whehter I disabled it somehow, but anyway, I'd like to have it. So, how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alfred001, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

How do I install Cortana? Didn't come with the install.

For some reason Cortana wasn't installed when I installed Windows, I don't know whehter I disabled it somehow, but anyway, I'd like to have it. So, how do I install it?

I've looked at some instructions nad they say click on the notebook icon, but I hvae no notebook icon under the house icon.

:)

Alfred001, Dec 2, 2017

2. How come i couldnt install the windows 10 update?

Hi Chris,

Microsoft is making available the upgrade in batches, you will have to wait for the upgrade to offered to your computer. Please be patient and keep checking it will get offered and you will get a notification in the coming days.

Vinod Archak, Dec 2, 2017
  3. How come i couldnt install the windows 10 update?

I updated the fixes for windows 8.1 today but each time i reserve my windows 10 update it never gave me a notification. I contacted bestbuy/geeksquad and they said i should be getting it soon... Is it true? Am i going to get the update? Please help!

ChrisGagnonBoouu, Dec 2, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 2, 2017
  5. Alfred001 Win User
    Hmm... I DID have Cortana working on a previous installation of Win 10.

Alfred001, Dec 2, 2017
  6. Alfred001 Win User
    Oh, heck, I just selected a language and Cortana is on. Thanks.

Alfred001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I install Cortana? Didn't come with the install. - Similar Threads - install Cortana Didn't

2. How does windows nt get installed if I didn't install it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does windows nt get installed if I didn't install it?: I keep getting a System 32 windows NT installed on my laptops and I didn't install it. It messes up my laptops and I hate it. How do you get rid of it? I have a sneaking suspicion my sister is doing it so she can remotely monitor my computer. I am 55 years old damn it! I...
  3. How does windows nt get installed if I didn't install it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How does windows nt get installed if I didn't install it?: I keep getting a System 32 windows NT installed on my laptops and I didn't install it. It messes up my laptops and I hate it. How do you get rid of it? I have a sneaking suspicion my sister is doing it so she can remotely monitor my computer. I am 55 years old damn it! I...
  4. Cortana Installation

in Cortana
    Cortana Installation: I am from Sri Lanka and wanted to install Cortana on my Dell laptop, so I went to the Microsoft Store to download and install Cortana, but there was a notice saying that Cortana is currently unavailable. Why is the notice popping up, and how can I resolve the issue?...
  5. Windows Store didn't com with my pc. How do I install it?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store didn't com with my pc. How do I install it?: it doesnt pop up in search or settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-didnt-com-with-my-pc-how-do-i/a235bbe8-908e-4cb1-a26c-9c654561b27f
  6. Cortana only replies "Sorry, I didn't get that". How do I fix?

in Cortana
    Cortana only replies "Sorry, I didn't get that". How do I fix?: I have tried everything people have posted re use of Command Prompt Administrator and nothing works. The microphone works fine. Cortana displays the question asked, but does nothing. After a few seconds, it responds with the above statement. Any fix?...
  7. Install Cortana

in Cortana
    Install Cortana: How do I reinstall Cortana. I mistakenly uninstalled it and now my search box cannot find the internet. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-cortana/98c28558-9682-4d93-be6c-596437088957"
  8. how do i get cortana installed

in Cortana
    how do i get cortana installed: please advise me on how to get cortana for windows 10. is there another search element that allows any question to be typed on the task bar. while i am working, i quite often need an answer quickly....
  9. How do I install Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Cortana?: I recently reinstalled Windows and, much to my surprise, Cortana wasn't installed. How do I install her? 116169
  10. How do I install Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I install Cortana?: I recently reinstalled Windows and, much to my surprise, Cortana wasn't installed. How do I install her? 116169