Windows 10: How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager?

Discus and support How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently did a fresh clean install of windows 10 64 bit on my ASUS X550LC Laptop. SPECS: Processor - 4th Gen i5 4200U Graphic Card - Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nishchay Vaid, Jul 31, 2015.

1. How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager?

I recently did a fresh clean install of windows 10 64 bit on my ASUS X550LC Laptop.

SPECS:
    Processor - 4th Gen i5 4200U
    Graphic Card - Nvidia GT720M
    RAM : 4GB DDR3

I am having a smooth experience with the OS but im just curious how should i install drivers for the following devices with yellow ' ? ' in device manager .

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller
    Intel(R) Atom/Celeron(R)/Pentium(R) Processor Intel DPTF Thermal Framework Device -3400

I have attached the screenshot below for reference.

Please help me out guys.
    Thanks!

:)

Nishchay Vaid, Jul 31, 2015

2. How Do I install correct Drivers for radeon graphics?

after the windows 10 update is done..i will reboot.and wait for your reply on this:should i remove the 460 download in deice manger and manually install the 560?????it is a 560card physically inside and out...

michaelshanks1, Jul 31, 2015
  3. How Do I install correct Drivers for radeon graphics?

well,I hope so...

Another thing I was thinking of asking is if dell laptop motherboard is an AM4 support why isn't my fx-9830p overclockable?

next question,in gpu-z it says under R7 graphics that crossfire is disabled(Crossfire available)

and for the RX560 it says just disabled....

can I overclock a little ?

and can I use hybrid Crossfire with APU+GPU????

How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager? [​IMG]

michaelshanks1, Jul 31, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager?

Did you try updating drivers right from there ? You may have to contact Asus about those drivers.

CountMike, Jul 31, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Nemix Win User
    Latest Intel DPTF driver for Windows 10: Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Version 8.1.10600.150 WHQL

Download, unpack, install and reboot.

As for the other driver, I'm thinking it's Intel's MEI driver but since I don't exactly have Windows 10 on any computers ATM I'm not certain.

Can you take a screenshot of the Device Manager with just the "System Devices" expanded and upload it onto to the thread.

Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Hydranix Win User
    To identify (almost) any device in device manger do this:

Right click device and open properties.

In the details tab, change the drop-down-menu to "device instance path"

Near the beginning of the displayed paths, look for "VEN_xxxx" and shortly after "DEV_xxxx"

You'll want to two bytes after VEN and DEV to get the full device ID

Then google the id.

(my smbus controller)
    a query like: "8086 9C22 Windows 10 driver"

You should get the results you seek.

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  8. cognus Win User

why are we installing a known-buggy Intel DPTF wad, for a device that is "Atom/Celeron/Pentium" [baytrail, right?] on a system that has a Haswell i5???
    I've been trying and failing to get clarity on this because it affects negatively one of my laptops - Lenovo

cognus, Aug 15, 2015
  9. Hydranix Win User
    This is a bit of an old thread, next time post a new topic, or if you want my help in particular you can send me a private message.

It seems there are some issues with DPTF on Lenovo. The Lenovo Yoga in particular.

Could you provide me with the model number of your laptop? There is a possible fix for this by slightly modifying the driver package, but I'd need to know your laptop model to do so. Also, I assume you're using Windows 10 64, right?

Hydranix, Aug 15, 2015
  10. mickey Win User
Thema:

1. How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager? - Similar Threads - install drivers Devices

2. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device manager "other devices" drivers not installing: I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, and after I restarted the same issues came back up. Sometimes the "unknown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed" will fix itself and then come back, but the ones in "Other Devices" do...
  3. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device manager "other devices" drivers not installing: I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, and after I restarted the same issues came back up. Sometimes the "unknown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed" will fix itself and then come back, but the ones in "Other Devices" do...
  4. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I identify Thunderbolt Device in Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I identify Thunderbolt Device in Device Manager.: Hello, I want to validate a product that I have bought which was was advertised a Thunderbolt 3 Dock. Is there any useful technical information on via Thunderbolt via Device Manager -> Device Connections?I see .. one of the network adapter connected to the TB Doc it is linked...
  6. How do I identify Thunderbolt Device in Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I identify Thunderbolt Device in Device Manager.: Hello, I want to validate a product that I have bought which was was advertised a Thunderbolt 3 Dock. Is there any useful technical information on via Thunderbolt via Device Manager -> Device Connections?I see .. one of the network adapter connected to the TB Doc it is linked...
  7. How do I identify Thunderbolt Device in Device Manager.

8. Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it?

Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it?: HP Envy with newly installed Windows 10. Trying to find bluetooth drivers.....HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-cant-find-on-device-manager-how/09d00321-e22f-4230-a0ce-4e4a20c0401a
  9. Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager: I am having an issue where I try to apply a driver to an "Unknown Device" I apply a driver that is Digitally signed it says it updated the device but when device manager refreshes it still says unknown device as if it was never updated. I tried this on a 2nd computer and it...
  10. no sound driver installed in device manager

no sound driver installed in device manager: no sound driver installed in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-driver-installed-in-device-manager/466dcbdb-e505-4255-88dd-1bda3bfdd413