Windows 10: How Do I Install Win 8.1 ISO Through USB?

Discus and support How Do I Install Win 8.1 ISO Through USB? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to download win 8.1 from the microsoft site as an ISO and install it on my PC through a USB pen drive. But after I download it, do I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xlook, Jul 25, 2016.

1. xlook Win User

How Do I Install Win 8.1 ISO Through USB?

I need to download win 8.1 from the microsoft site as an ISO and install it on my PC through a USB pen drive. But after I download it, do I just transfer the ISO directly to my USB? Or do I need Rufus to create a bootable USB?

:)

xlook, Jul 25, 2016

2. windows 10

How to make ISO file from windows update i.e. I got option in win 8.1 to update win 10 through WINDOWS UPDATE

After completion I copied the setup "install.esd" file.

Can i use it to do clean install?

If yes then how?

kirankaranjkar, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Upgrading to windows 10 pro from Windows 10 home

Can the pre installed 8.1 single language upgrade to win 10 through the iso file downloaded from ms website..if yes then how & which win 10 version iso will work....??

Nikhil_Gupta123, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 25, 2016
  5. xlook Win User
    xlook, Jul 26, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You could use either option.

Brink, Jul 26, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    MCT is marginally easier. Rufus is easy but also easier to make mistakes.

cereberus, Jul 26, 2016
  8. xlook Win User

So I'll just use MCT. Thanks

xlook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do I Install Win 8.1 ISO Through USB? - Similar Threads - Install ISO Through

2. Windows 8.1 install through iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 install through iso: I wanted to downgrade to windows 8.1 and wantd to know if i can install it without any usb/dvdDirectly extracting the iso and running the setup file to install ? Can i clean install through that...
  3. Windows 8.1 install through iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 install through iso: I wanted to downgrade to windows 8.1 and wantd to know if i can install it without any usb/dvdDirectly extracting the iso and running the setup file to install ? Can i clean install through that...
  4. How do i download win 11 iso file??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i download win 11 iso file??: Hello... I was trying to download windows 11 iso file english language but when i confirmed , it was showing this error -We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging...
  5. How do i download win 11 iso file??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i download win 11 iso file??: Hello... I was trying to download windows 11 iso file english language but when i confirmed , it was showing this error -We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging...
  6. ISO on Desktop how do I CleanInstall from a USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO on Desktop how do I CleanInstall from a USB: Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1052) Clean Install Windows 10 from an MS ISO USB whatever is easiest G/Day still need help with Clean Install, Its got me beat' after so many try's many was including a DELL ISO that called Error it after 3 1/2 hrs, numerous other attempts and...
  7. How do i create installation windows 10 usb from iso in MACBook

How do i create installation windows 10 usb from iso in MACBook: How do i create installation windows 10 usb from iso in MACBook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-installation-windows-10-usb-from/a4f68c21-fbe7-4235-9649-12c6db44d3c4
  8. How do i convert a Win 8 driver to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i convert a Win 8 driver to Win 10?: So the manufacturer for this driver sadly will not support it anymore. However, I heard there was a way to edit the INF file to make it compatible with a different OS. Is this possible between Win 8 and Win 10? I know there was a way to edit drivers to make them work on...
  9. How do I download latest Win 10 iso for new PC installation?

How do I download latest Win 10 iso for new PC installation?: I am building a new PC and have a Windows 10 install USB and a key, but I would like to install the latest version of FCU so I can avoid as much updating of Windows 10 as possible after I install it for the first time. So how can I download the latest version and if I need...
  10. How do I create a bootable USB drive with an ISO?

How do I create a bootable USB drive with an ISO?: Tried looking this up online, but couldn't find any specific information. I'm running on Windows 10 Home, and I have a Windows 10 ISO I want to put in a flash drive so it's bootable. How do I do this? 29400