Windows 10: How do I install Windows 10 from USB?

Discus and support How do I install Windows 10 from USB? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have got myself a new latop Lenovo G5080, It comes with FreeDos and does not have any OS. I am trying to create Windows 10 bootable usb so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shannontechy, Jul 26, 2015.

1. How do I install Windows 10 from USB?

I have got myself a new latop Lenovo G5080, It comes with FreeDos and does not have any OS.

I am trying to create Windows 10 bootable usb so I can but it says I need Windows 10 ISO for it.

Where can I find Windows 10 ISO?

:)

Shannontechy, Jul 26, 2015

2. I do not want to install windows 10, how do i stop it from automatically uploading to my system?

I have windows 8 and I am perfectly happy. I do not want to upgrade to windows 10 because I have heard all kinds of issues from other users. Is there a way to stop the automatic upgrade?

Thanks

MaryRudolph0810, Jul 26, 2015
  3. LittleK39 Win User
    I do not want to install windows 10, how do i stop it from automatically uploading to my system?

Mary, Go to the Ultimate Outsider website and down load the program GWX Control Panel. It will take care of your problems. A simple and safe program. If at a later date you want Win 10 this can be undone for access.

LittleK39, Jul 26, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

How do I install Windows 10 from USB?

Microsoft has reportedly taken down the official download site for the moment.

Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO File - Windows 10 Forums

I believe that they never made the .iso for the latest build (10240) available, so far. That's the best build to have. It may even be identical to what is distributed beginning 29 July, although there has been no official word from MS on that.

It's probably available on unofficial sites or bit torrent. Links to such are not permitted here. If you have any proficiency with a search engine, it should be easy to find. Observe the usual cautions about downloading copies with pre-installed malware. 10240 may have been out long enough that the criminals are fully engaged.

I'm not sure whether you'd be able to activate 10240 without ever having an OS that qualifies for the update (Win 7, Win 8) installed and activated. I've read a variety of claims, but I they can be wildly inconsistent. You can do a lot with the OS without activating it, but I don't know for how long it'll run before it stops.

I believe that you can run Insider copies of Windows 10 indefinitely if you are in the Insider program, but I don't know whether you can join that at the moment.

Home page - Windows Insider Program

It was easy to join from a Windows PC, but I don't know how it works without one. (There must be a way, considering the number of posts I've seen from people who are angry that they aren't being given a full Windows 10 license as reward for participating in the Insider program.) It requires setting up a free Microsoft account.

The cheap way to legally acquire Windows 10 would have been to buy a machine with Windows 7 or 8 installed and get the free upgrade, or to buy a PC with Win 10 pre-installed on or after 29 July.

bobkn, Jul 26, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    You will need to buy Windows 10 since you have no qualifying OS. There are many places that have it available now and will ship it out after the 29th, like Amazon, Tiger Direct, NewEgg, etc. Most are selling it on a flash drive rather than a DVD.

Home $119
    Pro $199

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I install Windows 10 from USB?

1. How do I install Windows 10 from USB? - Similar Threads - install USB

2. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?: I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?...
  3. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?: I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?...
  4. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  6. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  7. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

8. I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...: I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please let me know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-windows-11-from-usb-but-got-stuck/0bebcd67-c17b-4f68-be5d-cc08821cae54
  9. I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...

I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please...: I am installing Windows 11 from USB but got stuck with Other User sign in screen. Please let me know how to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-windows-11-from-usb-but-got-stuck/0bebcd67-c17b-4f68-be5d-cc08821cae54
  10. Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work: My computer has been stuck on "Undoing changes from update" for a week now, ive decided to reinstall windows as that was the only way to get out from what i read.I downloaded the windows installer to a USB drive and i booted into it from my computers boot menu.The problem i...