Windows 10: How do I keep my Groove Music playlists on my old laptop and transfer my playlists to my...

Discus and support How do I keep my Groove Music playlists on my old laptop and transfer my playlists to my... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am upgrading to a new laptop, same Lenovo brand, and want to keep my old laptop Groove Music playlists. I currently have Windows 10 Home but my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarrySG, Aug 23, 2018.

1. BarrySG Win User

How do I keep my Groove Music playlists on my old laptop and transfer my playlists to my...

I am upgrading to a new laptop, same Lenovo brand, and want to keep my old laptop Groove Music playlists. I currently have Windows 10 Home but my new computer will have Windows 10 Pro.

There must be a way to keep my playlists from one computer to another, but I can't seem to find it in my searching.

I'm 31 years old with 40 years experience (translated: 71 yo). I'm okay with computers, but the amount of work it would take to create new playlists would be overbearing for me - time and patience.

Anybody who can help would be greatly appreciated.

Barry

:)

BarrySG, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Dellskin Win User

No Groove playlists on Android

I have my music stored in the Music folder in OneDrive. The music appears in Groove on both my pc and phone. I have a subfolder called Playlists. The playlists appear in Groove on my Windows 10 PC. The playlists do not appear in Groove on my Android 8.0
    Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. I tried adding a playlist to the root Music folder and it still did not appear in Groove on my phone. I added a playlist on my phone and it did not appear on OneDrive. Any suggestions so that playlists will appear on Groove on my phone?

Dellskin, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Frank1000 Win User
    Groove Music : How to add a local file to a local playlist ?

Hi,
    im listening to a local playlist (files locally on my drive) and want to add another file to that playlist.

When i drag the file from WinExplorer to the playlist content or the playlist name or playlist header, its not allowing.

Using the + sign showing in the header of the playlist, it only shows me all the playlists i have, but not allowing for pointing to a local file on my HD.

? How do i add a local file to a local playlist in Groove Music ??

Regards,
    Frank

Frank1000, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Frank1000 Win User

How do I keep my Groove Music playlists on my old laptop and transfer my playlists to my...

Groove Music : How to add a local file to a local playlist ?

ok gotit,
    first open the file in groove music, then add it to a playlist there *Wink

Frank1000, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I keep my Groove Music playlists on my old laptop and transfer my playlists to my... - Similar Threads - keep Groove Music

2. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  3. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  4. Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist: I have 1320 songs I'm my playlist and I do play all it's play untill some song but the rest doesn't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-dont-play-all-the-songs-in-playlist/6441d451-a1ad-4825-986e-c52176b79302
  5. Groove Music App - Playlists

in Cortana
    Groove Music App - Playlists: I have the Groove Music App and I was just wondering how you actually put the songs into the playlist! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-app-playlists/783b64f8-d9ed-4f22-9864-1bb42166b2af
  6. Music Playlists

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music Playlists: I have a couple of hundred playlists. They are customized to show "Artist" "Genre" & "Length" only. When I changed my folder icon they all went back to showing all the columns I don't need! I have tried but failed to find a way to customize all my playlists in bulk! If...
  7. how to permanently delete groove playlists

how to permanently delete groove playlists: I started using GROOVE Music on windows 10. There are several playlists that were automatically created. I went into playlists and selected them to be deleted. However, next time I start up Groove they are back. Where are they stored and how can I permanently delete...
  8. Groove Music and iTunes playlists

Groove Music and iTunes playlists: I think I figured this out! Via iTunes export your playlist in .m3u format, as long as you are "watching" a directory with an .m3u they will auto-magically show up in Groove Music. I did have to reset the app to make it look in that directory again, but it worked for me....
  9. How do I alphabetize the songs in my playlist in Groove Music player?

How do I alphabetize the songs in my playlist in Groove Music player?: I have created a playlist called Favorites but every time I add a new group of songs they show up at the end. I would like them in alphabetical order. Is there any way to do this easily?...
  10. My Music Playlists

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Music Playlists: I had Music Playlists of 1950/60s Music, 1970s Music, 1980s Music, 1990s Music, 2000s + Music , Brass Band Music, Christmas Music. These have all disappeared from my music library. Why/where has the music gone gone? the playlists are still there but all the music has gone!!!...