Windows 10: How do I keep the internal sound going but the external sound off?

Discus and support How do I keep the internal sound going but the external sound off? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I call radio programs and I record them by playing a software that records the sound. Now when im on the phone I want to turn off the sound externally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by I hate Yelp, Aug 15, 2017.

1. How do I keep the internal sound going but the external sound off?

I call radio programs and I record them by playing a software that records the sound. Now when im on the phone I want to turn off the sound externally so its not playing in the background while im on the phone. But I dont want the sound to be off internally so that it can be recorded. Before u say it cant be done, i had a Toshiba labtop that did this. You can keep the sound going internally but extrenally it let you turn it off....now i have a new labtop...and it does not allow that.

I know you can plug in something to the headphone jack and thats better then nothing....but...obviously just pressing a button is more practical...plus...i assume if u keep putting something in the headphone jack over and over and over that there is wear and tear on that jack waters

I know on a desktop u can just have speakers already plugged in and turn them off but this is for labtop

:)

I hate Yelp, Aug 15, 2017

2. Sound KEEPS GOING TO HEADPHONE. HOW CAN I KEEP IT TO THE SPEAKERS INSIDE THAT IT CAME WITH?

MY WINDOWS 7 TOSHIBA LAPTOP NOW ITS WINDOWS 10 KEEPS GOING TO HEADPHONE AND i KEEP CHANGING IT BACK TO INTERNAL SPEAKERS HOW CAN I KEEP IT TO THE SPEAKERS INSIDE THAT IT CAME WITH? i ALSO HAVE OLD EXTERNAL SPEAKERS FROM CAMBRIDGE SOUND WORKS COULD
    THEY BE ADDED? IF THER IS AN AC PLUG FOR POWER ON THE RIGHT SPEAKER DO i NEED TO PLUG IT IN? THIS CORD IS MISSING? I DO HAVE THE GREEN PLUG FROM THE TWO SPEAKERS AND TOSHIBA SEZ YOU CAN PUT THIS IN THE HEADPHONE JACK, BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THIS JACK WILL FIT
    WITHOUT A ADAPTER?

OT: sound

Mary Ellen 702, Aug 15, 2017
  3. Internet Audio Playing Through Internal Speaker

I'm running a Dell OptiPlex 990 with Windows 10 and IE11. All sounds go out to a set of external speakers plugged into the rear panel, except audio originated from websites (Google News links, Nest, YouTube, etc.) Those sounds play through the internal
    speaker of my desktop computer. What can I do to have all sounds play through the external speakers?

Barshfield1, Aug 15, 2017
  4. pbcopter Win User

How do I keep the internal sound going but the external sound off?

You do not say what model the new laptop is but what happens if you select mute? Doesn't it have a mute button?

pbcopter, Aug 15, 2017
Thema:

How do I keep the internal sound going but the external sound off?

1. How do I keep the internal sound going but the external sound off? - Similar Threads - keep internal sound

2. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  3. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  4. when i go to sound in "Hardware and Sound" my

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i go to sound in "Hardware and Sound" my: So I was trying out a new voice changer so i was messing around with the voice settings when my main microphone disapeared from the setting on windows so is there a way to fix that?...
  5. Lost sound. How do I regain sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost sound. How do I regain sound?: Lost sound. Control Panel indicates that speakers are not enabled. Tried to enable but system will not respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-how-do-i-regain-sound/a470c6e9-4b01-4c6a-9e9a-764a5f86a8f4
  6. My sound keeps going down

My sound keeps going down: I've looked across and found people with similar issues but everyone that has answered literally do not understand the problem. When I plug in my headphones the volume is constantly trying to lower itself, but this isn't a device issue because my headphones have their own...
  7. Spatial sound keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial sound keeps turning off: I recently got a new DAC for my PC (Topping E30) and it is connected via USB and for some reason the spatial sound keeps turning off when I boot up my PC after a shut down, when rebooting spatial sound stays on but if I shut down and then boot up the spatial sound is off,...
  8. Internal Sound Problem?

Internal Sound Problem?: My HP Envy has sound problem. The troubleshooting shows no issue at all, yet no sound is coming out. This occurs very sudden. I was using my laptop when suddenly the sound disappeared and heard a tiny clank. I connected to remote desktop and all of a sudden I could hear the...
  9. Turn off screen but keep sound on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off screen but keep sound on: My lap top is connecter to big monitor with HDMI cable, and I have speakers connected to lap top. Is there a way to turn off my monitor, keeping my lap top lid closed but keeping the music going :) When I turn off my monitor audio goes from playing on speakers to playing on...
  10. Sound keeps cutting off

Sound keeps cutting off: Please someone HELP! I have tried everything suggested to get my sound back. Started with update my driver, then tried to change settings, then uninstalled and reinstalled, and finally a system restore to an earlier date. Nothing has helped. Everyday I start the computer...