Windows 10: How do i keep the system volume to a certain level?

Discus and support How do i keep the system volume to a certain level? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My system volume is very high, and 15 seconds later or something close to that the volume goes back up to max. this is really irritating, because when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by galitay122, Oct 4, 2015.

1. How do i keep the system volume to a certain level?

My system volume is very high, and 15 seconds later or something close to that the volume goes back up to max. this is really irritating, because when i get a notification or use cortana it hurts my ears, and when i change the volume it goes back up... Can someone please help me keeping the volume down?

:)

galitay122, Oct 4, 2015
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Had to do a complete system reset. How do I get the Yahoo toolbar back?

I could not find a trustworthy link for the Yahoo toolbar, so I downloaded a Bing toolbar. It's not exactly what I want, but I'm still searching for something I like better.

Thank you for your help

kleon37830@yahoo.com, Oct 4, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

How do i keep the system volume to a certain level?

You could try reducing the volume of system sounds only, not the main volume. Right click on the speaker icon and select Open Volume Mixer. Then set the system sound to minimum or even mute them if you don't need them. See if you have a problem again. I suspect some application interferes and restores main volume to max. To see your applications and uninstall it, click on the search icon and type Control. This will show you the classic (desktop version) Control Panel. Click to open it and then click on View by Large icons to see all controls. Click on Program and Features and wait for it to load. See if you have any application relative to sound that may cause the problem. If you have or can download the audio drivers, it is a good idea to try uninstalling and reinstalling them to see if your problem fixes.

spapakons, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

How do i keep the system volume to a certain level?

1. How do i keep the system volume to a certain level? - Similar Threads - keep system volume

2. actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level: i am using a logitech G560, can view the issue here, in the video i used the mouse, a volume dial on my keyboard and normal +- controls, ive updated all relevant drivers, ive reseted my settings, the only workaround is muting and un-umuting which only then fix it for that...
  3. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  4. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  5. Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level: I installed Win 11 a few months ago and since they I can't turn the volume up above a certain level 37. It's frustrating because I want to turn up my speakers more so I can enjoy my music. I have a Samsung laptop that had Windows 10 on it and it worked fine back then. Help!...
  6. Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume on headphones won't go above a certain level: I installed Win 11 a few months ago and since they I can't turn the volume up above a certain level 37. It's frustrating because I want to turn up my speakers more so I can enjoy my music. I have a Samsung laptop that had Windows 10 on it and it worked fine back then. Help!...
  7. volume levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  8. Volume Levels

Volume Levels: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop but upon arrival I have noticed a problem with the sound. If I increase or decrease the volume level it does not change the actual volume coming from the speakers, the only time it changes is when it is turned to mute. I have tried...
  9. Keep volume level when plugging in headphones

Keep volume level when plugging in headphones: Hello, the system changes the volume when I plug headphones into my laptop's audio jack. When I unplug them, the volume returns back to its original setting. So the system remembers volume setting for each individual device. This feature may be useful, but I find it quite...
  10. How To Set System Volume To Specific Level With Keystroke

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Set System Volume To Specific Level With Keystroke: I keep my system's volume level set to 30%. Sometimes, I need to adjust this for one reason or another. After doing so, I'd like to be able to press a keyboard shortcut to set it back to 30%. Is there an easy way to do this? Maybe an AHK or FastKeys macro? I know I can do...