Windows 10: how do I kick notifications icon from tray

Discus and support how do I kick notifications icon from tray in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I get rid of notifications icon from the tray? I set all notifications to "off" thank you 67071 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zivshosh, Oct 15, 2016.

1. zivshosh Win User

how do I kick notifications icon from tray

How do I get rid of notifications icon from the tray?
    I set all notifications to "off"
    thank you

:)

zivshosh, Oct 15, 2016
  2. Vignesh C Win User

Notifications don't appear on the notification tray.

I receive a notification. The notification icon appears in the tray. But when i scroll down from the top to view the notifications, they are not there. It appears like all the notifications are cleared . I have enabled notifications for everything. The
    unread notification icon also disappears when I open the action centre, but there are no notifications. This is frustrating. What do I do?

Vignesh C, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Líky Win User
    Defender logo

Yes, icon in notification tray. If I do this, the icon will apear there...

Líky, Oct 15, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Oct 15, 2016
  5. zivshosh Win User
    zivshosh, Oct 17, 2016
  6. That is strange, it should be there. First thing I must suggest is to do a Restart, I know it probably won't help but you have to try it *Wink
    When you right click on the Taskbar and select Settings is it the same result
    You could try creating a shortcut to the TaskBar settings and see if you get the same result. The shortcut is actually handy for when you might need to hide the TaskBar for a while but not permanently, it saves a few clicks
    Taskbar Settings shortcut - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Good luck *Smile

FrillyBits, Oct 17, 2016
  7. zivshosh Win User
    still stranger: right click on task bar doesn't have settings in its context menu
    I only have it in action center icon on tray (which I try to get rid off) and in the control panel.
    As for restart: I shutdown my pc every day...

zivshosh, Oct 17, 2016
  8. how do I kick notifications icon from tray

Try the Taskbar Settings shortcut I linked to, it should take you directly where you want to be

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    You need to Restart to get a 'fresh' start and hopefully fix glitches

FrillyBits, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how do I kick notifications icon from tray - Similar Threads - kick notifications icon

2. How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray: How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-an-icon-on-the-taskbar-to-the-tray/d0bcb916-4bed-4665-ae50-ccd2d58fb50e
  3. How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray: How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-an-icon-on-the-taskbar-to-the-tray/d0bcb916-4bed-4665-ae50-ccd2d58fb50e
  4. How Do I Disable The Notification Icon From The Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Disable The Notification Icon From The Taskbar?: Hello, I have a pretty quick and simple question. How do I disable the icon in the green box in the image below? [img] (I'm sure there is a simple tutorial on TenForums made by Shawn, but I cannot find it. Can someone please link me to it?) Thanks so much! 154612
  5. shifting icons in notification tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    shifting icons in notification tray: I have seen this problem all over the internet with no resolution. The icons in the notification area of the taskbar are shifting to the right and left continuously. I have factory reset the computer and done a clean reboot. There are no additional programs installed. All...
  6. Active Defender icon in notification tray?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active Defender icon in notification tray?: There IS NO Tools menu anywhere. Does anyone know how to set Windows Defender to display its icon in the notification tray? Having a static shortcut icon in the taskbar accomplishes nothing....
  7. Defender tray notification icon deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender tray notification icon deleted: Hi, everyone *Biggrin Sorry to bother for small things, by mistake in CCleaner I deleted the startup entry of Defender notification icon. I remember I have seen a reg file here, in this forum but can't find it. *Banghead Could you be nice to help me finding it? I don't...
  8. can I kick Action Center (notifications) out of the tray

in Windows 10 Support
    can I kick Action Center (notifications) out of the tray: If I can, how to do it? is it dangerous? worthwhile? thanks 58676
  9. how to kick off Action Center from the tray

in Windows 10 Support
    how to kick off Action Center from the tray: In Windows 10 Pro: how do I kick action center off the tray. its notifications are irrelevant and useless thank you 72932
  10. Tray notification icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray notification icons not showing: Dell XPS-13 Windows 10 Creators Update The icons I choose to "show" in the tray become hidden at the next bootup or restart. Tray icon settings do not "take". Wiped out next time. The problems with this awful update to Windows 10 are never-ending. Please help. 85913