Windows 10: How do I limit local user abilities (Windows 10, Home)?

Discus and support How do I limit local user abilities (Windows 10, Home)? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am setting up computers for public use. They came pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home. I need some things: 1. Ability for local user to sign in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RamiYEH, Aug 10, 2016.

1. RamiYEH Win User

How do I limit local user abilities (Windows 10, Home)?

I am setting up computers for public use. They came pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home. I need some things:

1. Ability for local user to sign in without password
    2. Limited access to programs said user (whitelist if possible)
    3. No access for local user to files and drives.
    4. Whitelist for internet

I was able to do 1-3 easily on Windows 8, but I am not successful in W10. Any advice?

:)

RamiYEH, Aug 10, 2016

2. Disable sign on with a local account - Windows 10

I set up a Microsoft account and parental controls to limit the amount of time my child can spend on the computer. However, my child showed me how this can be circumvented, by selecting "Sign on with a local account instead". How do I prevent my child
    from circumventing the time limits, either by disabling the ability to sign in with a local account in Windows 10, or some other method?

Thank you.

KermitInFl, Aug 10, 2016
  3. about a small fee introduced in new windows 10

Windows 10 Home users will receive updates from Windows Update automatically when it’s available. Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to postpone updates. The amount of time that Windows 10 Pro users can postpone updates
    is limited.
    [*]An internet connection2 is required to perform the upgrade. Windows 10 is a large file -- about 3 GB -- and Internet access (ISP) fees might apply

ronaldtyler, Aug 10, 2016
  4. How do I limit local user abilities (Windows 10, Home)?

alphanumeric, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

How do I limit local user abilities (Windows 10, Home)?

1. How do I limit local user abilities (Windows 10, Home)? - Similar Threads - limit local user

2. Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home: Hi Support team,Could you please assist me on the local user creation in Windows 10 Home. I couldn't create and getting the error. Please see attachment for your reference.Thank you,...
  3. Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home: Hi Support team,Could you please assist me on the local user creation in Windows 10 Home. I couldn't create and getting the error. Please see attachment for your reference.Thank you,...
  4. Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro as a business user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro as a business user: I am an IT admin. I want to upgrade a users PC from home to pro.Upgrade takes me to the store, which asks to sign in with Microsoft account personal. We do not want this.Can I buy a key from Microsoft directly as a business user?...
  6. How to access Local User and Group Management in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 News
    How to access Local User and Group Management in Windows 10 Home: [ATTACH]Local User and Group Management snap-in or lusrmgr.msc are one of the features of Windows 10, which allows admins to manage local users and groups […] This article How to access Local User and Group Management in Windows 10 Home first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. how do I create a new local user in windows 10 1903

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I create a new local user in windows 10 1903: how do I create a new local user in windows 10 version 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-new-local-user-in-windows-10/d42ed835-4434-4db5-8730-06ede566ec1d"
  8. Limit users to their home folder

Limit users to their home folder: Hello, I'm the administrator of a public pc running Windows 10 Pro. I need to limit standard users to their home folder. In other words, they shouldn't be able to browse the content of C drive (even if they should be able to run applications and so on). I checked with Group...
  9. Limit Local User Access (10 Home)

Limit Local User Access (10 Home): How can limit the ability of a local user (non-Admin) to access drives and files on a pubic computer? 60343
  10. Local Users and Groups on Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Users and Groups on Windows 10 Home Edition: I was able to map a user to a group using the 'netplwiz' command function. However, i need to add a user to more than 1 group but dont know how to achieve this Can anyone help LUSRMGR does not work on my version of Windows as i run the Home Edition 43668

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Setting up a local client in windows 10 and limiting abilities

2. windows 10 limit abilities