Windows 10: How do I log out of my microsoft account on 10?

Discus and support How do I log out of my microsoft account on 10? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, as you can see from my user name (and my question come to that) I am totally clueless on a pc. My problem of the minute is that I recently... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by numpty, Aug 31, 2015.

1. numpty Win User

How do I log out of my microsoft account on 10?

Hi, as you can see from my user name (and my question come to that) I am totally clueless on a pc. My problem of the minute is that I recently downloaded Windows 10 free version, and needed to re-activate my microsoft account to purchase an app. Sadly (but nothing new for me), not only could I not make the app work, but signing on to my microsoft account seems to have downgraded Google Chrome, which I want and was using as my browser. I also now need to enter my microsoft password every time I open my laptop, which I do NOT want to do. So, how do I log out of my microsoft account and reinstate Google Chrome as my go to browser? Sorry for such a dumb question, but 70 years of brain abuse have left me with only two working brain cells...and I think they are packing their bags!

:)

numpty, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Thulith Win User

How do i remotely log out of my microsoft account?

I want to log out of my Microsoft account which is logged into on my laptop (Windows 10)

Thulith, Aug 31, 2015
  3. How do i remotely log out of my microsoft account?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

• What type of remote desktop connection you are using to remotely connect to the PC?

Please be informed that you can log out of the remote PC provided that it is not locked and UAC permissions are given to the secondary computer with respect to which ever application you are using to remotely connect.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 31, 2015
  4. numpty Win User

Looking at the 'similar threads' on the list offered below my first post, I can't find the answer to my question at all. I don't want to have to sign in to any account, local or not. When I had Google Chrome as my default browser, all I had to do was press the power on button on my keyboard, wait while it started itself up, then hit the small Google Chrome yellow/red/green circular logo on my toolbar along the bottom of the page...that was it, straight in, no password, no logging in...simple.

The second I signed in to my old microsoft account to purchase an app, microsoft 'took over', and I now have to sign in to that account on every start-up. Worse still, boxes started popping up saying Chrome had been downgraded and was no longer working properly, and was also no longer my default browser.

I just want to get back to square one, with Chrome being my default browser, the simpleness of that system pleased me. Obviously, I have to log back out of my microsoft account, and reinstate Chrome as my default browser. How do I do that? On windows 10, I can't see an obvious way. 10 and several previous versions of windows assume a degree of technical know-how on the operators part, however basic that may be. Unfortunately, I am a bit of a technophobe, and the methods required for any operation need to be VERY obvious and basic.

numpty, Sep 1, 2015
  5. RWOne Win User
    Ok ...

You have two discrete issues:

1. You want out of your MS account and back to a local account to logon yes?
    Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    (that you don't want to have to sign on, easy enough, don't give the local account a password)
    (You can also give it a password and set 10 to logon automatically, but you asked for the easy route, see above)

2. You want to make chrome default.
    This is totally separate from the first issue, you can make chrome the default in its settings:
    How to Quickly Make Chrome Default Browser in Windows 10

RWOne, Sep 1, 2015
  6. numpty Win User
    Many thanks for that RWOne, I will do as you say (or at least try to). What I was trying to say earlier is that I didn't have to do all that before. I went from Chrome on Windows 8.1 (password free) to downloading 10, then downloding Chrome again for that. I didn't have to sign in to anything. Of course it may be that I allowed Windows to 'remember' the password for Chrome, I don't honestly remember. What I do know is that the second I signed into my microsoft account, it seemed to take over...much like my wretched AOL account, lol.

Cheers, Dave.

numpty, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I log out of my microsoft account on 10? - Similar Threads - log microsoft account

2. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logged out of my Microsoft account.: Hi, I've been logged out of Microsoft and cant remember my password.When I reset I have an option for an email, sms of call.I get the SMS code all okay however it then also needs a code from an alternative email address.The alternative email address I have recorded is no...
  3. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logged out of my Microsoft account.: Hi, I've been logged out of Microsoft and cant remember my password.When I reset I have an option for an email, sms of call.I get the SMS code all okay however it then also needs a code from an alternative email address.The alternative email address I have recorded is no...
  4. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. In Windows 10, the administrator logged in to Microsoft personal account, how to log out of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Windows 10, the administrator logged in to Microsoft personal account, how to log out of...: You now need to log out of this account and log in to the new account on this computer. If I only log out of this account in Microsoft personal account, will the computer automatically log out of this account, or will this account be kept? If so, how do I log out of this...
  6. In Windows 10, the administrator logged in to Microsoft personal account, how to log out of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 10, the administrator logged in to Microsoft personal account, how to log out of...: You now need to log out of this account and log in to the new account on this computer. If I only log out of this account in Microsoft personal account, will the computer automatically log out of this account, or will this account be kept? If so, how do I log out of this...
  7. How do I sign out of my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I sign out of my Microsoft account: I had to borrow a computer which had a local account on it, when I signed into Microsoft word (which is pretty dumb, why do I need to sign it to use a word processor) it turned the local account into a Microsoft account, how do I remove that so it’s just a local account? I’m...
  8. How do I log out of my microsoft account in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I log out of my microsoft account in Windows 10?: Bought a new laptop for my business and made the mistake of logging in to my hotmail account after i installed a very expensive pos and now I can't log out of hotmail and everybody can read my email. What can I do short of restoring the computer?...
  9. How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account?: I'm currently signed in as admin on my device with a Microsoft account, but I want to log out. There is no visible option for me to switch, and many solutions on other threads don't exist for me. How do I switch?...
  10. How do I access my PC with out logging onto a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I access my PC with out logging onto a Microsoft account?: I'm returning my Microsoft GWM-00001 Surface Pro with LTE Advanced (Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB). I did a hard reset in the Windows Defender Security Center Fresh Start window, but whenever I restart my PC I have to log in to my Microsoft account. How do I restart and not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to.log.out.of hotmail on.my.pc