Windows 10: How do I make FF and Tor use VPN and system uses default ethernet

Discus and support How do I make FF and Tor use VPN and system uses default ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've read about split tunneling but can't make sense of it. I just want 2 applications (FF and TOR) to use the vpn while Edge and all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sqrly, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Sqrly Win User

How do I make FF and Tor use VPN and system uses default ethernet

Hi guys,

I've read about split tunneling but can't make sense of it. I just want 2 applications (FF and TOR) to use the vpn while Edge and all the stuff in the background (system) use the regular connection. Like what's the point of jumping on the vpn to use FF when my weather tile starts using the same ip?

#1 Is this possible?

#2 If yes, how?

#3 I searched for a tutorial on split tunneling, didn't find it.

:)

Sqrly, Jul 29, 2018

2. Making Tor Browser as default browser and configuring VPN (Windows 10)

Hi, guys!

On Tor Browser as default

I am trying to make Tor Browser my default browser, but when I click on the default browser options, only IE and Microsoft Edge appear. I opened the Tor Browser and go to its settings, and clicked the command that enables Tor Browser to be the default browser,
    but it doesn't work. Prior to this I made IE 11 my default browser (I find Microsoft Edge to be very slow in loading pages), so now IE remains the default. How can I configure Tor Browser as my default?

On Configuring a VPN

I subscribed to a free VPN. I configured its settings to launch upon startup and try to make a connection upon startup. This way, I am hoping that all internet traffic would pass through the VPN (Am I correct in this assumption?).

Now, I know that I can set a VPN connection in Windows 10 settings or Control Panel. However, I do not know how to do it. There are several boxes that I need to fill up but I don't know where or how to find the appropriate answers. (If I set a VPN connection
    in Windows 10, will all traffic pass via the VPN?) My VPN provider automatically choose the server once a connection is made.

I am hoping that all my internet traffic will pass through a VPN and through the tor network as a security and privacy measure.

Hewlett Packard III, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Making Tor Browser as default browser and configuring VPN (Windows 10)

In order for the Tor browser to appear in Default Programs or Default Apps listing, it needs to be "registered" with Default Programs manually. See:

Setting Tor Browser as default browser in Windows - Tor Stack Exchange

Setting Tor Browser as default browser in Windows

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Making Tor Browser as default browser and configuring VPN (Windows 10)

Hi Hewlett,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Tor browser and check if you get the option in setting to set Tor browser as default.

With regards to the query about VPN, I would like you to post your query with TechNet for better resolution

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I make FF and Tor use VPN and system uses default ethernet - Similar Threads - Tor VPN system

2. should I use a VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should I use a VPN: should I use a VPN on a laptop?as an example when using a public internet connection?Many articles in magazines and websites say they are less secure than not using a VPN and should only be used if when working from home to an employers websiteSo what is the correct answer?...
  3. should I use a VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    should I use a VPN: should I use a VPN on a laptop?as an example when using a public internet connection?Many articles in magazines and websites say they are less secure than not using a VPN and should only be used if when working from home to an employers websiteSo what is the correct answer?...
  4. Is Tor used by Windows 11?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Tor used by Windows 11?: I see traffic on my router that says it is uploading and downloading stuff and the application is Tor and BitTorrent. Are these a normal part of Windows 11? Or has my system been compromised? BitTorrent and Tor don't show up as installed applications. Defender doesn't find...
  5. How do I make use of the usable memory?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I make use of the usable memory?: Hello, I'm having trouble of running just a few programs and my memory is already out, google chrome already takes a big chunk of it. What about the other software I need, like film editors etc.I would like to figure out how to expand the usable memory. I'm using a lenovo...
  6. How to set Tor as a default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set Tor as a default browser?: I'm trying to set Tor as my default browser in Windows 10 (NOT for illegal purposes JUST for privacy). But when I get to the menu for selecting a default browser in the default apps section Tor does not appear. Any guesses on how to fix that? submitted by /u/Radi_BG...
  7. How do i use ethernet on a windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i use ethernet on a windows 10 laptop: I can't use ethernet ( wired internet from a router ) on my laptop i have a wire and it is in but it does not work submitted by /u/Ali-mohamed- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8d5jq/how_do_i_use_ethernet_on_a_windows_10_laptop/
  8. how do i use this to make it work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i use this to make it work: what is this used for[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-this-to-make-it-work/252ad451-9a30-4411-9333-6c7af8e48cbb
  9. How to make Mobile Hotspot use the VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Mobile Hotspot use the VPN: Hi, I often use the Windows 10 built in "Mobile Hotspot" feature to share my notebook's internet connection ("Ethernet 2" in my Network Connections, wired). It makes use of the notebook's internal wifi card (Wi-Fi 4) to wirelessly transmit the internet signal to mobile...
  10. Anonymous Browsing - Use TOR Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Anonymous Browsing - Use TOR Browser: Hi there All those who are worried about Edge / IE11 sending stuff to GOOGLE / MS etc etc -- simply use the TOR browser -- 100% legal FREE system. You can also block properly annoying popups etc even when connecting to "Those sites". There's loads of paranoia these days...