Windows 10: How do I make folders in Windows Mail?

Discus and support How do I make folders in Windows Mail? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The title is fairly self explanatory but I am trying to create some new folders in the Windows Mail App (Windows 10) and have absolutely no idea how to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jarlmaster, Aug 10, 2015.

1. How do I make folders in Windows Mail?

The title is fairly self explanatory but I am trying to create some new folders in the Windows Mail App (Windows 10) and have absolutely no idea how to do so. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

jarlmaster, Aug 10, 2015

2. How do I make some folders not appear in search?

Hi Avatar,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that when you try to search for any files or folders, search function will scan the whole selected section and will show even hidden folders/file.

However, there are some third party software which you can find online and through which you can lock the folder. But, we do not encourage users to use those software and if you wish you can do it on your own risk.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party
    Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Navneet Anand, Aug 10, 2015
  3. How do I make some folders not appear in search?

So all everyone's asked is why there stuff are not appearing in search but what I want to know is how I hide things from search. I may be hiding some things that I do not want people to see. Sometimes people borrow my laptop and when they search for something
    I always get nervous that something else may appear hahahaha. So how do I not make some folders / locations searchable? Thanks How do I make folders in Windows Mail? :)

4. WillWord Win User

How do I make folders in Windows Mail?

Go to your email client via your browser, log on to your account and make your required changes. When you next use your Mail App new folders will be visible.

WillWord, Aug 10, 2015
  5. gpstoloff Win User
    Remember, these folders are stored on your email provider client, not on your own PC as with Windows Live Mail.

All that Windows' Metro Mail application does is provide a GUI client front end to the provider's web site (Outlook.com, etc.) or POP/IMAP service.

gpstoloff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I make folders in Windows Mail?

1. How do I make folders in Windows Mail? - Similar Threads - folders Mail

2. I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT.: I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-down-loading-to-a-folder-in-my-computer/0abb5e7a-0942-4cd5-833e-5cf2bd1ce547
  3. I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT.: I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER, IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-down-loading-to-a-folder-in-my-computer/3a76babf-e85b-483f-8407-59b0121749bf
  4. I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT.: I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-down-loading-to-a-folder-in-my-computer/0abb5e7a-0942-4cd5-833e-5cf2bd1ce547
  5. I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT.

I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT.: I WAS DOWN LOADING TO A FOLDER IN MY COMPUTER, IMAGES FROM AN E-MAIL AND IT WON'T DO IT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-down-loading-to-a-folder-in-my-computer/3a76babf-e85b-483f-8407-59b0121749bf
  6. Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.: I cannot find where the EML Windows Live Mail folders are stored on my Win 10 Home edition, homebuilt tower computer hard-disk. I read they supposed to be in the AppData\Local\Microsoft\file or at c: \users\default migrated\appdata\local\Microsoft\Widows folder, which was...
  7. Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.

Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.: I cannot find where the EML Windows Live Mail folders are stored on my Win 10 Home edition, homebuilt tower computer hard-disk. I read they supposed to be in the AppData\Local\Microsoft\file or at c: \users\default migrated\appdata\local\Microsoft\Widows folder, which was...
  8. Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Windows Live Mail now keeps moving my personal folders and hides them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail now keeps moving my personal folders and hides them.: This seems to be a new version of the former and occasional retrieving of disk space, and it's very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-now-keeps-moving-my-personal/14f6c987-b688-4ef6-931d-df6b11222325
  10. Windows Live Mail now keeps moving my personal folders and hides them.

Windows Live Mail now keeps moving my personal folders and hides them.: This seems to be a new version of the former and occasional retrieving of disk space, and it's very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-now-keeps-moving-my-personal/14f6c987-b688-4ef6-931d-df6b11222325