Windows 10: How do I make internet explorer the default browser in an email link?

Discus and support How do I make internet explorer the default browser in an email link? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I went into default apps in settings and chose internet explorer. Shortcuts on the desktop and links within web pages all open with internet explorer.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alicia J, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Alicia J Win User

How do I make internet explorer the default browser in an email link?

I went into default apps in settings and chose internet explorer. Shortcuts on the desktop and links within web pages all open with internet explorer. However when I click on a link in an email it asks me to choose a browser and lists the 3 that are on this computer. How do I get it to just open all links in emails with internet explorer?

Are there specific extension defaults that I need to change?

:)

Alicia J, Sep 11, 2016

2. How do I make Internet Explorer the default browser?

Internet Explorer and Edge

Hello

Google Chrome is my default search engine because I found that it played "offended-almost literally" if not defined as default.

I also have Firefox-rarely in use and Microsoft Edge.

I have downloaded Internet Explorer and pinned it to the taskbar. I need it for my work as a C.P.A. as the Israeli Tax Authority and also my broker do not support any other search engine.

However, when i click on IE, I always but always get Microsoft edge. How can i overcome the problem?

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

[Original title: Internet Explorer]

miriamvilner, Sep 11, 2016
  3. How do I make Internet Explorer the default browser?

How did you download IE? It's already on your machine.

How to find Internet Explorer (IE) on Windows 10

How to find Internet Explorer (IE) on Windows 10

To make IE11 the default browser in Wi10: Control Panel | Default Programs | Set your Default Programs. Select Internet Explorer 11.

Are you clicking on the IE or Edge icon?

How do I make internet explorer the default browser in an email link? [​IMG]

Bruce Hagen, Sep 11, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Apparently this is a known bug with a known fix, in either Microsoft's 'fix it for me' or the 'here's what to edit in the registry' form.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3094186

Thema:

1. How do I make internet explorer the default browser in an email link? - Similar Threads - internet explorer default

2. How do I make Windows Mail my default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make Windows Mail my default browser: I am looking to run Windows Mail as my default email app.Running Windows 11 Vers 22H2I have tried Apps>Default Apps>Email and Calendar Accounts but Windows Mail is not an option to select.Is there another way?Thanks...
  3. How to make file explorer the default file browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make file explorer the default file browser: HelloI recently changed my default file explorer from "file explorer" to "Files". Now I've uninstalled that app but still when i press win+e it opens files. i want to change this and make "file explorer" the default file browser and win + e should launch "file explorer". How...
  4. How to make file explorer the default file browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make file explorer the default file browser: HelloI recently changed my default file explorer from "file explorer" to "Files". Now I've uninstalled that app but still when i press win+e it opens files. i want to change this and make "file explorer" the default file browser and win + e should launch "file explorer". How...
  5. How to make file explorer the default file browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to make links stop ignoring my default browser settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make links stop ignoring my default browser settings?: Hello all, I have my default browser set to Google Chrome. Yet with some programs, like some games, if you click an option to open a website, it opens that website in Internet Explorer 11. I know IE11 is not safe to use. It doesn't often happen, but today I had it happen...
  7. how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?: No matter what I try, I cannot make any other browser my default except for Edge, and I do not want that, and now especially even more because it is denying me!...
  8. How do I make Chrome my default browser?

How do I make Chrome my default browser?: how do I stop MSN automatically loading up when I connect to the Internet, I have to keep closing it and opening chrome, also when start-up my computer doesn't automatically connect to the Internet, I have to keep man,ually connecting it though I've ticked the box...
  9. Internet Explorer as default browser

Internet Explorer as default browser: Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-as-default-browser/0eab58b2-1e88-4b7f-a9f0-bbbc436fd1d9
  10. How do I make Firefox my default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Firefox my default browser: [img] I've been using Firefox for several years now and have all my folders set up so I have easy access to desired websites. Yesterday I was doing something (not sure what) and when I opened my browser it opened as Bing. I went to Start...Three lines at the...