Windows 10: how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight?

Discus and support how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Numerical amount regarding work I lost this morning since my computer rebooted itself last night was tons. 113874 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ironfist Win User

how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight?

Numerical amount regarding work I lost this morning since my computer rebooted itself last night was tons.

:)

ironfist, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Rusty1363 Win User

Freeze and reboot problems

think so? it does seem like it could be video related, the computer stutters when im playing sometimes when im multi-tasking. i upped the page file and it does it less now, but it only reboots itself when the video is more intensive. it runs nights on end with utilities or something running on the desktop overnight. Ill take the video card advice and purchase a new one i think unless someone can suggest an alternative.

Rusty1363, Jul 11, 2018
  3. ex_reven Win User
    Freeze and reboot problems

Dont purchase a new one.
    Check that the problem was caused by your video card for sure.

Do what jock suggested by cleaning it etc before jumping to any conclusions and possibly wasting money.

ex_reven, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight? - Similar Threads - computer never ever

2. How do I make my start up faster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I make my start up faster: Windows has been booting slowly since a past few days for me. It might probably be a virus but I'm not certain of that yet. The inbuilt troubleshooter gave the suggestion of cleaning the registry but it hasn't been working and I don't have any knowledge of how the registry...
  3. How can i make it so that my 4 digit pin doesn't work on my stolen windows computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i make it so that my 4 digit pin doesn't work on my stolen windows computer?: So my computer was stolen by someone who used to be a part of my life and they know the 4 digit pin to my computer and i would like to make it so the person cannot use my computer until i can report it stolen or go get it back. Ive already changed my account password but for...
  4. My computer freeze at times only no tread or malware detected so what do I do to make it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer freeze at times only no tread or malware detected so what do I do to make it...: Computer freeze on me.I have no malware that are showing thru my virus protection so what do I do to make my pc run better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/my-computer-freeze-at-times-only-no-tread-or/addb171a-2338-4dc2-83c7-0977475e73c3
  5. How do I change the password on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my computer?: i recently changed my password on one of my email accounts, but can't figure out how to change it on this computer, with Windows 10... seems like it would be easy, but i find no place to do it. * Moved from Insider * Original title: how do i change my password on an email...
  6. Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs: Just wondering if anyone has a Win10 desktop that actually wakes up overnight, does automatic maintenance and then goes back to sleep. My PC has never done it. Auto maintenance does run if I stop using my computer and let it idle. According to Microsoft, if one uses the...
  7. How do I make Firefox my default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Firefox my default browser: [img] I've been using Firefox for several years now and have all my folders set up so I have easy access to desired websites. Yesterday I was doing something (not sure what) and when I opened my browser it opened as Bing. I went to Start...Three lines at the...
  8. How do I make a macro on my laptop's keyboard?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make a macro on my laptop's keyboard?): I recently discovered what you can do with binding macros, I use a laptop which of course does not use a keyboard that hooks up, I do have Razer synapse and a Razer mouse but it doesn't support little numbers on it's side that have a variety of 1-10 of what I saw, I can bind...
  9. Do I make an ISO for each computer???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I make an ISO for each computer???: I have desktop and laptop. I want to make the ISO file(s) for each of them. Does that require me to make (2) disks or is it a universal disk to use on either computer once created? I'm thinking the activation code might be recorded for each separate machine. I haven't...
  10. How do I make my computer shut down (properly)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make my computer shut down (properly)?: Since yesterday, I've been trying to find a solution to my PC inability to shut down properly. I've tried to use the (powercfg -h off) to disable hibernation and it did shut down the system but my keyboard stayed on. I guess that the PSU was still giving out power. I recently...