how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight?

Discus and support how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Numerical amount regarding work I lost this morning since my computer rebooted itself last night was tons. 113874 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

1. ironfist Win User

Numerical amount regarding work I lost this morning since my computer rebooted itself last night was tons.

:)

2. Rusty1363 Win User

Freeze and reboot problems

think so? it does seem like it could be video related, the computer stutters when im playing sometimes when im multi-tasking. i upped the page file and it does it less now, but it only reboots itself when the video is more intensive. it runs nights on end with utilities or something running on the desktop overnight. Ill take the video card advice and purchase a new one i think unless someone can suggest an alternative.

3. ex_reven Win User
    Freeze and reboot problems

Dont purchase a new one.
    Check that the problem was caused by your video card for sure.

Do what jock suggested by cleaning it etc before jumping to any conclusions and possibly wasting money.

4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thema:

1. how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight? - Similar Threads - computer never ever

2. my computer sometimes get blue screen of dead...codes of errors are diffrente (kernel...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer sometimes get blue screen of dead...codes of errors are diffrente (kernel...: I tried everything...all my drivers are up to date and i have latest windows 10 version installed...also i check my ssd, ram memory and hdd to see if there are some errors but system tells me that everything is okej Error happend randomly, sometimes while browsing net,...
  3. Files lost when saved on second monitor and computer restarted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files lost when saved on second monitor and computer restarted: I know this sounds weird, but its happening. - I have 2 monitors - I have a powerpoint open on my second monitor - I save periodically and it saves. The icon is on my desktop and I can open and close the file - Turn my computer off for the day - Start it up next day, no...
  4. Brand New Computer... BSOD multiple times every day since its purchase.

Brand New Computer... BSOD multiple times every day since its purchase.: Hey all. Normally I'd consider myself pretty computer literate, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the problem is here. Maybe someone can help me. I have a brand new computer made by a local company. Actually two identical-in-every-way computers, one for myself...
  5. July 2018Windows update has messed up sound, new computer slow and getting Unresponsive...

July 2018Windows update has messed up sound, new computer slow and getting Unresponsive...: July Windows 2018 update has completely messed up my sound and have now got no sound at all. Pages are unresponsive and Chrome is slow Asus X751N laptop. Phones Asus who sent me a link to update sound but that has not worked either. Anyone help....
  6. Update wiped out computer

Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...
  7. Restore my computer to earlier time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore my computer to earlier time: I was trying to delete all notification at once and accidentally change the language to JA, how do get it back to english? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/restore-my-computer-to-earlier-time/d8bb4284-76f7-4bb0-84c8-a7718431c668
  8. hacked? - computer logged into user name I never use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacked? - computer logged into user name I never use: I got home today and woke my laptop from hibernation and discovered it was logged into the Admin account, which I never use. I am the only one with overt access to my computer. I use a secured wifi, windows firewall (which may be my mistake), and AVG. It seems I may have...
  9. Never ending loading screen starting my computer

Never ending loading screen starting my computer: Hey, so i've been having more problems with my PC and i hope you could help me cause of you being so helpfull last time. So this time i've been having a worse problem than the pc crashing while using it. Now my Computer won't even start, when i do turn on my PC it goes past...
  10. I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why.

I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why.: Title says enough. I got on my computer a little while ago only to find that it had mysteriously rebooted. I looked in the event log and discovered that about 25 minutes ago there was a blue screen. No one was around the computer at that time, ruling out the cold boot bug....