Windows 10: how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight?

Discus and support how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Numerical amount regarding work I lost this morning since my computer rebooted itself last night was tons. 113874 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ironfist Win User

how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight?

Numerical amount regarding work I lost this morning since my computer rebooted itself last night was tons.

:)

ironfist, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Rusty1363 Win User

Freeze and reboot problems

think so? it does seem like it could be video related, the computer stutters when im playing sometimes when im multi-tasking. i upped the page file and it does it less now, but it only reboots itself when the video is more intensive. it runs nights on end with utilities or something running on the desktop overnight. Ill take the video card advice and purchase a new one i think unless someone can suggest an alternative.

Rusty1363, Jul 11, 2018
  3. ex_reven Win User
    Freeze and reboot problems

Dont purchase a new one.
    Check that the problem was caused by your video card for sure.

Do what jock suggested by cleaning it etc before jumping to any conclusions and possibly wasting money.

ex_reven, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. how do i make it so my computer never ever reboots overnight? - Similar Threads - computer never ever

2. How do I make sure my device never updates to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make sure my device never updates to Windows 11?: Windows has been worse and worse of a product since after Windows XP. Its a lot of work disabling all the new features. There are no circumstances that I would ever want features beyond what XP offered. If I did, I would add them. Some of the features are disturbing such as...
  3. How do I make my computer faster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my computer faster?: I have a Dell Vostro 3360, 8 years old with 6 gbs of ram and it has a core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz. This computer had windows 7 pro I am not sure as I had updated it to windows 10 a long time back. and it was working perfectly fine, but I updated it to windows 10 and now it...
  4. How do I make my computer faster?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my computer faster?: I have a Dell Vostro 3360, 8 years old with 6 gbs of ram and it has a core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz. This computer had windows 7 pro I am not sure as I had updated it to windows 10 a long time back. and it was working perfectly fine, but I updated it to windows 10 and now it...
  5. How do I make my computer faster?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. i need to make a cd to reboot another computer how can i do that

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need to make a cd to reboot another computer how can i do that: I need to burn a reboot program to a cd for another computer how do i do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-make-a-cd-to-reboot-another-computer-how/8ea29992-a94a-42ef-9857-9c7dd73228e5
  7. How do I make sure this never comes out again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make sure this never comes out again?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FerSzBae [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2kuvr/how_do_i_make_sure_this_never_comes_out_again/
  8. How do I stop Windows from restarting my computer, EVER?

How do I stop Windows from restarting my computer, EVER?: I sometimes come back to my computer after a break or in the morning to see that all my programs have been closed down and all my work discarded. I have lost half a dozen unsaved text files with notes and to-do lists. I would have lost hours of client work because of this, if...
  9. Started Oct Update and never reboot so the update can finish... How do I stop the update...

Started Oct Update and never reboot so the update can finish... How do I stop the update...: I had started the Oct upgrade before finding about the delete. Now my windows 10 update is pending for a reboot... How do I stop the upgrade from happening when I reboot....
  10. Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs: Just wondering if anyone has a Win10 desktop that actually wakes up overnight, does automatic maintenance and then goes back to sleep. My PC has never done it. Auto maintenance does run if I stop using my computer and let it idle. According to Microsoft, if one uses the...