Windows 10: How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

Discus and support How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm on a acer aspire 5, windows 11.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Benjamin Baum, Feb 24, 2024.

1. How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

I'm on a acer aspire 5, windows 11.

:)

Benjamin Baum, Feb 24, 2024

2. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 24, 2024
  4. How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

JoshuaOsandatuwa, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

1. How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it? - Similar Threads - computer sleep close

2. How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?: I'm on a acer aspire 5, windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-computer-go-to-sleep-when-i-close/fdf1cdb9-2a7d-41b5-bffe-c96f63356d96
  3. How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid: When I close it currently this keeps my device unlocked but it sleeps it. This makes it run out on screen time, and is just not secure. I am running windows 11...
  4. How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid

How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid: When I close it currently this keeps my device unlocked but it sleeps it. This makes it run out on screen time, and is just not secure. I am running windows 11...
  5. How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?

How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?: Help, my computer goes to sleep as soon as I become idle. No delay. I cannot always be typing, and I need my computer to stay on during business hours. I have tried everything, and it won't stop....
  6. How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?: Help, my computer goes to sleep as soon as I become idle. No delay. I cannot always be typing, and I need my computer to stay on during business hours. I have tried everything, and it won't stop....
  7. My screen will not go off when I close my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen will not go off when I close my computer: I am running Windows 11 pro on a Dell latitude 7390 2in1. Recently I have noticed my screen stays on when I close the lid. Do you think it is a software glitch or hardware malfunction?...
  8. My screen will not go off when I close my computer

My screen will not go off when I close my computer: I am running Windows 11 pro on a Dell latitude 7390 2in1. Recently I have noticed my screen stays on when I close the lid. Do you think it is a software glitch or hardware malfunction?...
  9. computer not going to sleep on lid closing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer not going to sleep on lid closing: Since update Feb 09/21 KB4601319, OS build 19041.804 and 19042.804, computer no longer enters sleep mode which is configured to happen when the lid closes. Gary...
  10. How do I make my computer STAY asleep when I select sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I make my computer STAY asleep when I select sleep mode?: I select sleep , the screen goes black but before I even leave the room its back on again . GRRR. this is a nightly occurrence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-computer-stay-asleep-when-i/ac929f5c-22d2-4569-a6f6-314b9b70d8aa