Windows 10: How do I make View permanent in all folders

Discus and support How do I make View permanent in all folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep changing to List View in Folder Options but it doesn't stay that way, nor does it set all the folders on that drive. I would prefer that all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MamaWolf, Mar 7, 2016.

1. MamaWolf Win User

How do I make View permanent in all folders

I keep changing to List View in Folder Options but it doesn't stay that way, nor does it set all the folders on that drive. I would prefer that all folders on my PC open in List View & I can choose Large Icons if & when I want to & have it go back to List View when I exit that folder. Very frustrating.

Many Thanks,

:)

MamaWolf, Mar 7, 2016
  2. chasw98 Win User

How do I set all folders to the same View?

In addition to previous Window 10 request, please clarify Folder View section statement

"you can apply this view (such as details or icons) to all folders of this type".

Is that all folders on the PC or is that all sub-folders for the current folder being viewed (using File Explorer)?

Does the setting apply/include the columns that are setup in the current folder being viewed?

And, what are the folder types and how identified?

chasw98, Mar 7, 2016
  3. RiskomI Win User
    How do I set all folders to the same View?

Hi Team zigzag

I had already tried the option you gave me and it didn't work.

thanks anyway.

k

RiskomI, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

How do I make View permanent in all folders

1. How do I make View permanent in all folders - Similar Threads - View permanent folders

2. how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent: I download music files and when I open the folder I store them in I want to be able to see the size, type and bit rate without me having to set that on every folder I have. Is there some way to make those things show automatically?...
  3. how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I make certain attrubutes in windows permanent: I download music files and when I open the folder I store them in I want to be able to see the size, type and bit rate without me having to set that on every folder I have. Is there some way to make those things show automatically?...
  4. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  5. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  6. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I get windows 10 to stop making all my folders read only permanently?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get windows 10 to stop making all my folders read only permanently?: I tried to install a program into D:\Program Filesx86\ and the installation failed because windows 10 made it read only right away. I went into Advanced Security Settings as the administrator and taken control over the folder and sub folders and I can clearly see that I have...
  8. Make view of a USB permanent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Make view of a USB permanent: I routinely view the contents of one particular USB stick, and am interested ONLY in the name and size of the files. I can select those two column headings to be the only ones to show, but once I have SAFELY removed the stick and then re-insert it and look again, that...
  9. Is there a Permanent way to make All Folder view Dark mod?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a Permanent way to make All Folder view Dark mod?: Is there a Perment way to make All Folder view Dark mod? 146686
  10. How to make list view default for all folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make list view default for all folders?: I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there another way to make "list" view the default setting for all the folders? thanks for the help 73262