Windows 10: How do I Maximize the use of Interent Bandwidth

Discus and support How do I Maximize the use of Interent Bandwidth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Let me elaborate it first. I have decent internet connection with bandwidth: 35Mbps Down & 5Mbps Up. Luckily I have a connection with dedicated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ashish Dung Dung, Sep 7, 2015.

1. How do I Maximize the use of Interent Bandwidth

Let me elaborate it first.

I have decent internet connection with bandwidth: 35Mbps Down & 5Mbps Up.
    Luckily I have a connection with dedicated QOS by my ISP.

Problem: Unable to utilize maximum bandwidth available to me.
    Note: No problem with my ISP, internet connection.

So In previous versions like Win 7 & Win 8.1 . After some tweaking registry and group policies, even browsers, I was really able to achieve/utilize most of the bandwidth that is available to me.

Download Bandwidth utilization usually used to range 32Mbps-34.9Mbps and download speed was about 4MBps-4.3MBps.

Upload Bandwidth utilization usually used to range 4Mbps-4.8Mbps and the upload speed was about 0.3KBps-0.54KBps.

So all good in Win 7 & Win 8.1, after tweaking and stuff of course.
    I was really able to utilize max bandwidth in the web browsers too, 4K content was really smooth in youtube and was free from buffering hassles.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    It was all so good. But the problems starts now. After upgrading to Win 10 [Fresh Installation].
    My system is hardly able to utilize much bandwidth, the same tweaks that worked in earlier version of Windows, just dont work now.

My browsers are hardly able to utilize much bandwidth not the applications that I use.
    Chrome & Firefox hardly are able to use more than 2.8Mbps Bandwidth.

But to some astonishment. My Download speeds are more than 3MBps in IDM[Download Manager]. Which would be roughly 24Mbps Bandwidth in Download. So my net is working fine right.

Called up ISP, they assured nothing is wrong from their side.

Tested net connection in Win 7 & Win 8.1[Laptop] . Speed was like as it was before Win 10. []

So I conclude that Win 10 Pro somehow limits the bandwidth.

If any one knows tweaks related to it or think they could help me, please do.

I seriously want to solve this weird problem.

How do I Maximize the use of Interent Bandwidth [​IMG]

IDM Screen Shot. 2.3MBps download, ranges to 4.4Mbps........

You wont believe this.
    I want to include that my browser speed test tell me in speedtest.net

But even if I get such good speeds while downloading. Browsing, Buffering is slow as heck in Win 10 Pro.
    But its okay in previous version of Windows.

:)

Ashish Dung Dung, Sep 7, 2015

2. How do I accept the terms of use?

Well, I upgraded to an iPhone 4s a few months ago and to be honest I can't fault it. Other than the fact that you have to pay to get music onto your device. The reason that I upgraded to the iPhone is because I couldn't find a way to accept the terms of
    use on my windows phone and it kept saying that my phone didn't support apps. I would strongly advise you not to buy a windows phone because they are made of problems. Thanks x

katyfarish, Sep 7, 2015
  3. How do I accept the terms of use?

Thank you for your help! We have been having this same issue, I was about to get rid of my daughters phone and buy her something new. This was crazy!

TaylorHinshaw, Sep 7, 2015
  4. How do I Maximize the use of Interent Bandwidth

Well if your ISP said it wasn't their problem then by all means it must Windows 10. Cause ISPs have a wonderful reputation for being honest and generous.

I have been clocking the same up/down speeds with Windows 10 as I had with 8, 8.5 and 7. So by your logic I should be experiencing the same issues with Windows 10 correct?

I'd look at more obvious problems such as your network drivers for windows 10, router firmware updates, and of course possible ISP throttling.

SpyderBite, Sep 7, 2015
  5. Buddy I have re-edit my post you can check the speed test result.
    Compare it to my download speed. Do you find it logical ?

Well there are several tweaks related to this.
    With netsh autotuning level tweak, cache parameters tweak, NonBestEffortLimit tweak,
    Host Resolution Priority Tweak and many more. Which helped me to get amazing speed in previous versions of windows.

I tested in pervious version of windows again and I got the speed which i seek. But In windows 10, many tweaks are depreciate due to many internal commands and services depreciated.

I know about ISP's but they seemed to dont have fault here. As I have a guaranteed dedicated line with QOS.

About network drivers, router firmware updates, I have already updated them. About Possible ISP throttling, my ISP doesn't does that due to ties and partnerships.

Please refer to the speedtest.net image, compare it to the speed with IDM download speed. You will know what am talking about.
    & why it is weird.

Ashish Dung Dung, Sep 7, 2015
  6. hawkman Win User
    Hi Ashish,
    I saw that you said updated to the latest drivers/tweaked reg etc, however have you actually changed anything in the drivers advanced mode option.

Roy

hawkman, Sep 7, 2015
  7. Yes Roy, that was the first place which i sought.

Ashish Dung Dung, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I Maximize the use of Interent Bandwidth

1. How do I Maximize the use of Interent Bandwidth - Similar Threads - Maximize Interent Bandwidth

2. How do I increase my internet speeds or bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase my internet speeds or bandwidth?: My PC right now is capping my download speeds at 4-5 mbps but nothing else in my house has this problem when I check speeds. My normal speeds are between 30-40 mbps and my phone and Xbox show this. But no matter what I've tried on my PC I can't get above 5mbps even through...
  3. How do I increase my internet speeds or bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I increase my internet speeds or bandwidth?: My PC right now is capping my download speeds at 4-5 mbps but nothing else in my house has this problem when I check speeds. My normal speeds are between 30-40 mbps and my phone and Xbox show this. But no matter what I've tried on my PC I can't get above 5mbps even through...
  4. How do I increase bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I increase bandwidth?: I have been working on making my ping to hypixel on Minecraft lower, I have already edited tcp in the registry editor, which worked and made it a bit better, but there is still a bit to be done.People say to increase bandwidth, how would I do this on windows 10 home edition?...
  5. How do I stop Desktop maximize?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Desktop maximize?: I've had a computer disaster and had to start over with a new computer and a new installation of Windows 10, so I've lost a lot of personalization. Specifically, I'm finding that when I move a window on the desktop anywhere in the vicinity of a screen edge, the window...
  6. PC programs do not use the entire Internet bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC programs do not use the entire Internet bandwidth?: Hey, Leude, Actually, I know quite well about PCs, but now I'm also at a loss. I have a 250k line at Unitymedia. A speed test with the mobile phone in the Wlan with 5Ghz also shows the full 250 mbit/s. My PC however (over Lan) gets only 60 mbit/s on average in the speed...
  7. How do i prevent Backgrounddownload.exe from using up all my bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i prevent Backgrounddownload.exe from using up all my bandwidth?: Whenever i use my pc for something i always see in netbalancer that this Backgrounddownload.exe is using lots of data nonstop for hours, it lags online games and eats up my bandwidth, it seems its used my the visual studio, but i need it to stop, any idea how? submitted by...
  8. What is svchost.exe NetworkService -p, and how do I stop it using all my bandwidth?

What is svchost.exe NetworkService -p, and how do I stop it using all my bandwidth?: I'm probably not the only one who is sick to the back teeth of Windows doing what it wants, when it wants, with no explanation. I have fairly low bandwidth, so when I'm working the last thing I need is for Windows to decide that now is a good time to hog my entire bandwidth...
  9. do not have inter net please erstore my inter net

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    do not have inter net please erstore my inter net: inter net was disconnected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/do-not-have-inter-net-please-erstore-my-inter-net/d565e5d1-741f-46cd-874d-f77717315519
  10. How do I check to see if someone is using my bandwidth?

How do I check to see if someone is using my bandwidth?: Every night around 11 P.M. the internet connection speed is either drastically reduced or web pages won't even load. I am supposed to have a 15Mbps and at these times it drops down to 5 or none at all. The service provider has come out and changed the modem and all the...