Windows 10: How do I mount a Macrium disk image?

Discus and support How do I mount a Macrium disk image? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The images I have are in the form: XXXXXX.mrimg. How do I mount an image so I can read and use individual files and folders? Thank you. 60278 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Nisko, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I mount a Macrium disk image?

The images I have are in the form: XXXXXX.mrimg. How do I mount an image so I can read and use individual files and folders? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Aug 14, 2016

2. Reset Win 10 Pro on Dell laptop.

Hi Gary,

By all means, If you like it and it's working well for you there's certainly no reason to make a change.

It's good to know that a Macrium created disk image can be mounted and used as a virtual drive also, thanks for that.

Until we meet again,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Win 10 update to 1709 will not complete after asking user to uninstall device.

Very good, I wasn't sure how familiar you are with creating and using a full system disk image, particularly mounting one as a virtual drive with Windows 10's built-in ability to do so.

I have not yet used it myself but I have heard many good things said about Macrium Reflect from those who have been using it.

You've got 25 on me, I hope that I'm as sharp as you when/if I get there.

Cheers Grover,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Aug 14, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

You can right click on them, explore image,

How do I mount a Macrium disk image? [​IMG]

Then put a check in the image you want to view, I only have one showing in this one but it will list them when you have more,

Press OK and it will mount it.

derekimo, Aug 14, 2016
  5. Nisko Win User
    Thank you!! When I do that, am I now able to copy and paste any file or Folder to another partition?

Nisko, Aug 14, 2016
  6. derekimo Win User
    You're welcome, yeah, make sure you put a check in the box "Enable access to restricted folders" in my second screenshot there.

It seems to allow more access to user folder contents in the image.

It will be just like another drive so you can copy from it.

When you're done you can just unmount like so,

derekimo, Aug 14, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    Double click on it also mounts it as virtual drive. own letter and all.

CountMike, Aug 14, 2016
  8. Nisko Win User

Thanks for the additional information. Would you please explain a virtual drive and how it's different from a mounted image?

Nisko, Aug 14, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    Same thing but shows a drive letter.

CountMike, Aug 14, 2016
  10. Stevekir Win User
    What benefit does mounting bring when mounted? Does it allow you to run a program that it lists?

Thanks.

Stevekir, Aug 19, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    Yes, you can run any program that would otherwise run from another disk/partition.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I mount a Macrium disk image? - Similar Threads - mount Macrium disk

2. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  3. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  4. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I mount an install.esd image?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I mount an install.esd image?: Hi, I would like to know how I mount a windows install.esd image. What I have tried is the following: Pass 01: Downloaded a windows.iso image containing latest Windows 10 Pass 02: Mounted the ISO file with explorer and copied the install.esd to my desktop Pass 03: Creaed a...
  6. BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BitLocker Disk Image Mount On W10 Home?: Can I use a Windows 10 Pro device to create a BitLocker enabled disk image and mount it with the password on a Windows 10 Home PC? I know W10 Home can’t create BitLocker drives but can it mount and edit/add to them? submitted by /u/voidstructure [link] [comments]...
  7. Macrium Free disk imaging

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  8. Mount Image Files

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mount Image Files: Am I mistaken, or didn't Windows 10 come with an built in application for mounting image files? I have a .bin file that I am not able to mount automatically. Thanks 23752
  9. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  10. Problem mounting Macrium backup image

Problem mounting Macrium backup image: My system is Windows 10 and I am running Macrium Reflect v6.3.1835 for backups. I have two partitions - one for the OS and one for Data and I have scheduled regular FULL backups of both partitions, which are written to an external HDD. I am having trouble trying to mount...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What files are required for Macrium Reflect to mount an image

2. mount mrimg without macrium

3. how do you mount a drive using macrium reflect

4. mounting an iso with macrium,
  5. mount macrium image to recover files