Windows 10: How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another

Discus and support How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition at higher offset to another lower one, as was prepared ? [img] Many thankfulness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by budi, Dec 31, 2017.

1. budi Win User

How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another

How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition at higher offset to another lower one, as was prepared ?

How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another [​IMG]

Many thankfulness for sincere helpful effort

:)

2. Riel Alc Win User

How do I move EFI System Partition from a partition at higher offset to another ?

Hi,

To better assist you with your query on how to move ESP, we suggest posting it in our Microsoft TechNet
    forum. We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Please post back if you have any Windows concerns for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Dec 31, 2017
  3. How do I move EFI System Partition from a partition at higher offset to another ?

How do I move ESP - EFI System Partition - from a partition at higher offset to another at lower one, as was prepared ?

Many thankfulness for sincere helpful effort

Moved From:

abdulbadii, Dec 31, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

First, re-create partition 2 to be EFI System, open Admin command and type:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    select par 2
    delete par
    create par EFI =====> Re-create partition to be EFI System
    format fs=fat32
    assign letter=U
    exit

Next, type:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s U: =====> will create a new BCD to boot from for new EFI System.

REBOOT

access boot menu, there will be 2 Windows Boot Managers, 1 for the first EFI just created, the other for the old EFI. Select the first one to boot from.

Open Admin command again, type:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    select par 6
    delete par override =====> this will delete the old EFI.
    exit

NOTE: The order of Windows Boot Manager might be in reverse. If cannot delete par 6 (Old EFI) then reboot, select 2nd boot manager then try to delete partition 6 again.

topgundcp, Dec 31, 2017
  5. budi Win User
    just read bcdboot /? reference... isn't it

bcdboot C:\windows /s U /f UEFI ?

6. budi Win User
    ESP was created but
    bcdboot C:\windows /s U: (or with /f UEFI)
    not works, info is still Hidden in DIskpart list vol or None in 3rd party GUI partition programs

start and login normally, no multi boot option

7. topgundcp Win User
    You must have done something wrong or did not follow exactly what I posted above. If done correctly, you should see 2 EFI System partitions and both can boot into Windows. From Boot Menu, you should see 2 Windows Boot Manager

Why did you use list volume instead of list partition ? you need to know which partition to delete.

Try again. Use the first Windows Boot Manager to boot. Once in Windows, delete the second Windows Boot Manager.

topgundcp, Jan 1, 2018
  8. budi Win User

SOLVED !
    just didn't realize what's actually access boot menu supposed to mean... it means get into bios firmware setting ! (press F2 of F10 or another Fn depends on H/W)

Thanks so much. God blesses you.. ameen

budi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another - Similar Threads - move ESP EFI

2. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  3. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  4. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i access EFI system partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i access EFI system partition?: So, I have been trying to access the EFI partition where bootmgr.sys is located, so I can sideload another OS on the computer. However, when I try to open the drive, it says, "Access to E:\ has been denied to gain access, use thesecurity tab. BUT THERE IS NO SECURITY...
  6. How to move EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move EFI System Partition: Hello. I would like to move EFI System Partition from Disk 1 HDD - GPT to SSD Disk 0 to unallocated space. How can I do it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-efi-system-partition/e51edcaf-24b6-4ade-bbc4-a6a96d649d09
  7. How to move EFI System Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move EFI System Partition?: I'm in a bit of a weird situation. A couple of months ago, I did a fresh install of Win10 onto a new 1TB M.2 SSD I had recently bought, wanting to use the old 500GB SATA SSD for something else. The computer runs flawlessly and boots up quickly (besides asking me which...
  8. Moving EFI Partition

Moving EFI Partition: Can someone tell me how to move EFI partition from one place to another, its just the example, but my problem is that i have C partition, after that i have EFI partition, and after that i have free space, now i can't resize my C partition coz EFI partition is next one... Win...
  9. How to "move" an EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to "move" an EFI system partition: I'd like to move a 200MiB EFI partition to the D-drive to join some unallocated space together. It's on my hard drive (D: drive) and if i don't need it at all i would like to delete it. Planning on dual booting Debian on the ~300GiB of unused space.[ATTACH]...
  10. How do I enlarge EFI System Partition?

How do I enlarge EFI System Partition?: [img] Look at the picture! What I want is simple, 100 mb is too small for EFI and I just want to make it 1GB. See that unallocated space in colored grey box, I want to move that near the EFI System Partition so that I could merge it. But now the problem is I can't because...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 move esp

2. Moving / recreating EFI partition

3. windows move esp partition

4. how to move healthy efi system partition to the back of the disk