How do I move "pictures" folder to a different drive?

Discus and support How do I move "pictures" folder to a different drive? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; My Pictures folder currently resides as a subfolder to my C:\OneDrive. I have a second, larger E:\ data drive and I want to move my Picture folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lbeck, Jun 9, 2018.

1. lbeck Win User

My Pictures folder currently resides as a subfolder to my C:\OneDrive. I have a second, larger E:\ data drive and I want to move my Picture folder there. When I try by clicking on Pictures/Properties/Location and choose a folder I get the message shown below. I've tried

• create a folder then navigate to it and select
    • create a folder with a name other than "Pictures"
    • simply navigate to the E:\ root or E:\Data

Nothing wants to work - same message crops up after I hit Apply or Move. What is the "folder in the same location??
    [​IMG]

:)

lbeck, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Waseemulla S Win User

Pictures in Windows 10

Hi Sugar,

Apologize for the late reply.

Are you able to find other files and folders on Windows 10?

I suggest you to have a look for Windows 8.1 pictures in Windows.old folder.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer
    • Press C:\ Drive
    • under C: drive look for Windows.old folder
    • open users under Windows.old

Try the search for pictures in here.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

How do I move "pictures" folder to a different drive? - Similar Threads - move pictures folder

1. BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in microsoft word,: I am getting BSOD instantly when running prime95,moving picture in Microsoft word or sometimes when scrolling too fast in Microsoft power point. Ran mem test with no problems temps are all at normal range I can't figure this one out, help please. 87162
  2. Disable desktop.ini Creation In Folders When Moving Pictures There

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable desktop.ini Creation In Folders When Moving Pictures There: Hello, there's this annoying setting that causes Windows 10 to automatically create a desktop.ini file into a folder when I move only pictures in there. I was able to disable this in Windows 8.1 somehow, but it doesn't seem to work in Windows 10. (Here's the link: Nevermore...
  3. I've moved shared Pictures folder to another drive but didn't name it

in Windows 10 Support
    I've moved shared Pictures folder to another drive but didn't name it: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10, Put OS onto SSD along with a few other essentials and have a second hard drive for storage. The shared Pictures, Videos, Documents (etc) folders were all by default on my relatively small SSD. Figured out how to move location of...
  4. Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations: I changed the location the of my Pictures folder from the default C:\users\myname\Pictures to D:\onedrive\pictures, Worked great until I decided to use new Google Photo on Google Drive. Using File Explorer, I moved all photos from D:\one drive\pictures to E:\Google...
  5. ? After I Moved Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    ? After I Moved Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders: Question After I "Moved" Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders From SSD to Other Internal HDD Drive ------------ So the process was simple enough and relatively successful. Everything in the aforementioned folders is now on the HDD under specific...
  6. Move Location of Pictures Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Pictures Folder in Windows 10: It worked like a charm. Thanks!*Cool 74942
  7. Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to move location of My Documents or My Pictures folders: So currently when I go into "This PC" I have 6 icons at the top : Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures & Videos. As I'm running my OS off a 120gb SSD I typically store my documents/photos/videos etc on another drive, in this case my D drive. If I right click >...