Windows 10: How Do I Navigate through Macrium Reflect Screen?

Discus and support How Do I Navigate through Macrium Reflect Screen? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm trying to restore my system from an image backup through macrium reflect's boot up screen. I get to the restore screen but all I can navigate are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by yahanna, Feb 17, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

How Do I Navigate through Macrium Reflect Screen?

I'm trying to restore my system from an image backup through macrium reflect's boot up screen. I get to the restore screen but all I can navigate are just the menu drop downs on top with the keyboard (alt + tab). The mouse is disabled. I can't navigate to the middle of the screen to where it says 'browse for an image file.'

Check out the attached screen shot to see what I mean.

How Do I Navigate through Macrium Reflect Screen? [​IMG]

:)

yahanna, Feb 17, 2018
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 apps and data backup

Yes, if you want to do a Clean Install of Windows you will need to re-install all the Apps. When apps are installed they write to the Registry which can't be written to with success from the backups.

If you wanted to make a restorable system image use Macrium Reflect - Free. Though that can't be used to add the programs to a Clean Install. only a full replacement for them.

How to Create a Full-Disk Backup of Your PC with Macrium Reflect

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 17, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi,

If you can't do that, and can't navigate using tab, arrow keys and return, then create Macrium's boot disk and boot your PC from that and see if your mouse works then. Try a basic wired mouse.

(It's the underlined text you need to click on).

dalchina, Feb 17, 2018
  5. RolandJS Win User
    Are you using a wireless mouse and keyboard? Desktop or laptop? If desktop, PS/2 keyboard and mouse worked faster and more reliably than either USB or wireless - for me anyhow. If laptop, have you already tried a USB keyboard and mouse?

RolandJS, Feb 18, 2018
  6. cereberus Win User
    You have to use a wired usb mouse. Touchscreen or bluetooth mice do not work.

If wired usb mouse does not work eg you have a special mouse which requires soecial drivers, try a more basic cheap mouse.

cereberus, Feb 18, 2018
  7. I suspect that the OP didn't build that recovery PE on the system he is trying to restore to. Wireless mice & keyboards work like a charm as long as the drivers are included when building the Macrium PE disk. I use wireless mice & keyboard and my Macrium recovery PE works just fine, if I try to use my other systems PE disk, it sees no keyboard nor does it see the wireless mouse because it doesn't have any wireless devices.

storageman, Feb 18, 2018
  8. JohnBurns Win User

Same here using wireless mouse and keyboard with Macrium - and it works fine.

JohnBurns, Feb 18, 2018
  9. yahanna Win User
    Hi storageman,

You mentioned I need a recovery PE. But I long ago already installed it on my flash drive. The image from my first post is from the PE's system recovery screen. So what do you suggest?

yahanna, Feb 21, 2018
  10. Since all of us here have no idea what your system looks like since you have no system specs defined (Look at the lower left of any of your posts - or anybody else) you will see what I mean. My answer is I was speculating from what you described your problem is I have seen when using a a Recovery P.E. on a system that has a wireless mouse and the P.E. was built on a system that didn't have a wireless mouse. Since the wireless mouse requires a driver to operate properly and its missing from the P.E.. Maybe you don't have a wireless mouse, I don't know ?

If your not using a wireless mouse, then you probably have a different problem.

storageman, Feb 21, 2018
  11. yahanna Win User
    Hi storageman, fyi I have a bluetooth mouse. Also below is what a rep from macrium emailed:

"The Macrium Recovery Environment is based on a 'slim-down' version of Windows known as Windows Pre-Installation Environment. This means that there are fewer features available such as WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. Please try and source a USB mouse as Bluetooth support is not included on this platform."

Anyway is there a way to install a bluetooth mouse driver into the PE?

yahanna, Feb 21, 2018
  12. Word Man Win User
    Perhaps... But, why? There is neither WiFi nor Bluetooth support in the Macrium rescue environment.

Word Man, Feb 21, 2018
  13. yahanna Win User

Because 2 people on this thread including storageman reported that theyre able to use bluetooth mice in the PE rescue environment.

yahanna, Feb 21, 2018
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    I have exactly the same situation on my Surface Pro 3 lappy. Bluetooth Arc Mouse. Have never had it work in PE, booted from thumb or the Boot Menu option. Never, in 3 years. Support is not there. I've simply gotten used to using the touchpad.

f14tomcat, Feb 21, 2018
  15. RolandJS Win User
    Although I have not yet tried, scuttlebutt elsewhere indicates that tools such as Rufus or anything similar will allow savvy endusers to add EXEs and other stuff, similar to amendments added to Senate/House Bills, onto USB or DVD boot concoctions -- in short, it might be possible to add Bluetooth ability to same -- again, such things I have not yet tried.

RolandJS, Feb 22, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do I Navigate through Macrium Reflect Screen? - Similar Threads - Navigate through Macrium

2. Macrium Reflect How did I do this?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect How did I do this?: I get the attached graphic on my Laptop which I purchased last September. I was surprised to see this graphic and it just struck me that this is a great idea. I'm surprised that it is not on my other computers. I hope someone can fill me in as to what I did to get it on just...
  3. How do I update a Macrium Reflect Rescue Flash Drive?

How do I update a Macrium Reflect Rescue Flash Drive?: Hi all, How do I update a Macrium Reflect rescue flash drive after a patch is released? Should I delete everything on the flash drive before running the Create Rescue Media wizard, or do I just update it without deleting anything? Is the procedure the same either way? I'm...
  4. Macrium Reflect FAILED

Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  5. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  6. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...