Windows 10: How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder

Discus and support How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder 61293 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pooh Bear, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Pooh Bear Win User

How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder

:)

Pooh Bear, Aug 23, 2016

2. Can't Save Word Documents to my hard drive

Every time I try to save a document to my hard drive - I get the following error message:

You don’t have permission to save in this location.

Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Would you like to save in the Documents folder instead?
    [Yes] [No]

I am signed in as the administrator and have updated permissions. I have also changed settings to that my documents folder is default.

How do I prevent this from happening and resume saving documents to my hard drive?

MichellePrewitt, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Well said! This is my problem too!! CANT SAVE ANYTHING!!!

I can't save anything. If I edit a photo I get a this error. C:\users\Bruce\documents\Vacation.docx. You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in documents folder instead? If
    I try and save a word document I get C:\users\Bruce\documents\XXXX.docx. You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in documents folder instead? If I try I click on yes and try
    and save somewhere else I get the same error. If I try and save an Excel file I get C:\users\Bruce\documents\Book1.xlsx You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in documents
    folder instead? If I try and use a back up file for quickens it says file must be saved when I try to save it I get C:\users\Bruce\documents\filename.docx. You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission.
    Would you like to save in documents folder instead?

Is there some sort of permission that I need to reset? This is my home computer and I am the Administrator.

JamesColuccio666, Aug 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

1. How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder - Similar Threads - obtain administrative permission

2. How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission?: How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-file-that-needs-administrator/e01eecd7-57b2-4d8c-9e92-31d4870533fc
  3. How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission?: How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-file-that-needs-administrator/e01eecd7-57b2-4d8c-9e92-31d4870533fc
  4. How do I delete a file that needs administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. administrator permission to delete files/folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator permission to delete files/folders: I have an Acer Predator laptop running Win 10. TI've had it for several years, and have manipulated files all over this machine with no issues. There is a folder on my desktop that I want to delete and suddenly I am apparently not allowed to do so. Windows is telling me that...
  6. administrator permission to delete files/folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator permission to delete files/folders: I have an Acer Predator laptop running Win 10. TI've had it for several years, and have manipulated files all over this machine with no issues. There is a folder on my desktop that I want to delete and suddenly I am apparently not allowed to do so. Windows is telling me that...
  7. administrator permission to delete files/folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. how do i give administrator decision to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i give administrator decision to delete a folder: how do i change administrator to delete a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-give-administrator-decision-to-delete-a/2a970ed5-7da7-4e85-add9-5e75886af5bc
  9. how do i give administrator decision to delete a folder

how do i give administrator decision to delete a folder: how do i change administrator to delete a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-give-administrator-decision-to-delete-a/2a970ed5-7da7-4e85-add9-5e75886af5bc
  10. Administrator permission to delete a folder

Administrator permission to delete a folder: Avira autorun blocker needs administrator permission to delete it, How to get this permission ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-to-delete-a-folder/8d4ff131-fddb-408d-8e98-81fe7b6c3e1f"