Windows 10: How do I permanently change icons for file types?

Discus and support How do I permanently change icons for file types? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was using FileTypesMan, but it seems to revert to default settings every time I restart the computer. 14432 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nights, Aug 8, 2015.

1. nights Win User

How do I permanently change icons for file types?

I was using FileTypesMan, but it seems to revert to default settings every time I restart the computer.

:)

nights, Aug 8, 2015

2. File Explorer Win10

G'day

How do I change the File display PERMANENTLY on Win10 File Explorer

How do I cahnge them so instead of the default "Icon" is there I get the "Details" View ON ALL Folders.

Not each and every individual one

Used to be easy to change ?

Just set as default and go !

Not now

Neil

Australia

NeilAndrews1234, Aug 8, 2015
  3. how do I change font color for desktop icons

Thanks, GoinAn. This fixed it for me. I haven't checked to see if the settings stay the same after a restart yet, but for now your solution worked. Now I can use wallpapers that incorporate lighter colors and still be able to see what's on my desktop. Now
    if only Microsoft would bring back the plethora of custom font colors that we haven't had since, what was it? Windows 98? XP? It sure wasn't in 7.

Either way, thanks for being better than Microsoft support.

LLawliet666, Aug 8, 2015
  4. How do I permanently change icons for file types?

I use Microangelo on Display-

Free Icon Editor Downloads

How do I permanently change icons for file types? [​IMG]

It should work with Windows 10.
    I started using it with XP.
    It still works with 8.1 Pro.

David Bailey, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

How do I permanently change icons for file types?

1. How do I permanently change icons for file types? - Similar Threads - permanently change icons

2. How do I change file types to what I want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change file types to what I want: I need to change the type of file but I have no idea how to do that, can someone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-file-types-to-what-i-want/8e78b447-07f7-4c78-b2cb-bbfd464fbb52
  3. How do I change file types to what I want

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change file types to what I want: I need to change the type of file but I have no idea how to do that, can someone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-file-types-to-what-i-want/8e78b447-07f7-4c78-b2cb-bbfd464fbb52
  4. How do I change the icons in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the icons in File Explorer?: I'm trying to make my Windows 11 pc look like Windows 7 without having to downgrade, but I've been having trouble changing the icons of the main folders in File Explorer Desktop, Downloads, etc.How do I do this?...
  5. How do I change the icons in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the icons in File Explorer?: I'm trying to make my Windows 11 pc look like Windows 7 without having to downgrade, but I've been having trouble changing the icons of the main folders in File Explorer Desktop, Downloads, etc.How do I do this?...
  6. How do I change file type ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change file type ?: I had to install a newer version of a program. Now when I open a folder, all the files still have the old image and it shows the file type as the old version, so when I try to open a particular file, it tries to open in the old version. How can I change the files to the new...
  7. How do i change the file type? As the only option is all files.

How do i change the file type? As the only option is all files.: https://gyazo.com/f952199e4b41ea77591c728b2e11435e https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-file-type-as-the-only-option/ae3f5a9b-7b7e-49eb-8c6b-79522f15fea7
  8. Change Icon By File Type (not by Application)

Change Icon By File Type (not by Application): This is the scenario. I have a music collection that I want all my music files to be played in the same player. I want to be able to look at a file and tell if it is an MP3 or a WAV or a MP4 or an OGG by looking at the ICON (Yes I know I can enable windows to show...
  9. how do I change the default apps for a file type?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I change the default apps for a file type?: I know how to go to default apps and change default apps for a file type, but for example, I am trying to associate google sheets for .gsheets files or even excel for .gsheets files. Windows 10 has them defaulted to googlesyncdrive and only offers me that option or to go to...
  10. How do you change the Desktop Icon size and type

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you change the Desktop Icon size and type: I swear the more I use Windows 10, the more I hate it. It is beyond a doubt the least friendly of all their OS's where do you go to change the desktop icon text size and font? or is it another Regedit thing? NVM​ found it 26165