Windows 10: How do I *PERMANENTLY* turn off the request for me to use a PIN code during login?

Discus and support How do I *PERMANENTLY* turn off the request for me to use a PIN code during login? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a new Win10 laptop and I am completely sick of the constant requests to set up a PIN code for login. Before anyone tries to convince me how... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BananaFrappe, Aug 17, 2018.

1. How do I *PERMANENTLY* turn off the request for me to use a PIN code during login?

I just got a new Win10 laptop and I am completely sick of the constant requests to set up a PIN code for login. Before anyone tries to convince me how awesome it is....

I DO NOT WANT A PIN CODE !!!

I have done various combinations of setting up a PIN code, deleting it in the settings control panel, going back to a password, and going to the Windows Defender Security Center and hitting "Dismiss" under Account Protection. The request for me to set up a PIN code during login keeps coming back.... and back... and back.

Please tell me how to turn off that request for good.

:)

BananaFrappe, Aug 17, 2018

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 17, 2018
  3. pin request

Hi sanjay28

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Your Nokia device requests PIN (Personal Identification Number) code to protect your SIM card and device against unauthorized use. Note that all PIN code is provided by your network operator. Nokia is not able
    to provide you PIN or PUK codes.

Please note the following:

• When your insert your SIM card and boot up your device for the first time, you need to enter the PIN code. For security reasons it is recommended to change it to your own code, instructions on how to change the PIN code in your
      device is provided in the user guide or Nokia web site. If the PIN code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your device may request a PUK code to futher validate the user's identity and to unlock and change the blocked PIN code.

• The PIN2 code is a PIN code which acts as a second layer of protection for certain features of your phone. If the PIN2 code is entered incorrectly multiple
      times, your phone may request a PUK2 code.
    If you have forgotten or simply do not know the codes, you must contact your Network Operator for assistance. However, if you have already contacted but the code does not work, you should consider getting a new SIM card from your Network Operator.

emilygreen---01, Aug 17, 2018
  4. How do I *PERMANENTLY* turn off the request for me to use a PIN code during login?

Pin code Request

how to activate pin code request on windows phone

Ramjayelle180323, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

How do I *PERMANENTLY* turn off the request for me to use a PIN code during login?

1. How do I *PERMANENTLY* turn off the request for me to use a PIN code during login? - Similar Threads - *PERMANENTLY* turn off

2. How do I turn off PIN login on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off PIN login on Windows 11?: When I go to the "remove pin", the button is grayed out. I contacted HP tech support & they said that's a software issue. I was able to turn it off in Win 10, but when I rec'd my new laptop that was supposed to have Win 10 installed, it turned out to be Win 11. Anyone have a...
  3. How do I turn off PIN login on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off PIN login on Windows 11?: When I go to the "remove pin", the button is grayed out. I contacted HP tech support & they said that's a software issue. I was able to turn it off in Win 10, but when I rec'd my new laptop that was supposed to have Win 10 installed, it turned out to be Win 11. Anyone have a...
  4. Turn off PIN Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off PIN Login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  5. Turn off PIN Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off PIN Login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  6. Turning off PIN login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off PIN login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  7. how to turn off the magnifier permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the magnifier permanently: I want to turn the magnifier OFF permanently and have tried all the solutions I could find and they aren't working. This is only in my email. The screen is right size but the reading pane text and the folder column are so small you need a strong magnifying glass to read them....
  8. How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off Microsoft defender permanently?: Not to be rude, but Microsoft defender is super obnoxious in turning real-time protection back on after I turn it off. My problem with this is that I often like using automation in my daily life with certain programs that windows defender seems to not like very much at all....
  9. How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off password/pin/fingerprint at login?: I've had this PC for a few months now after having a MacBook. On the MacBook, I could make it so I could completely bypass a login screen and never have to enter a password when the computer went to sleep or was closed. I can't turn this off on my PC. I've tried used the...
  10. How do I turn off Storage Sense permanently?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn off Storage Sense permanently?: I woke up my PC and received a message from Windows 10 that "We have turned on Storage Sense for you". The service deleted my files. How do I turn off Storage Sense permanently? It was already turned off in Settings > System > Storage, but it turned itself back on and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to permanently turn off pin login

2. turn off request to setup pin