Windows 10: How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active?

Discus and support How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello -- I am new to this forum, but I would like to ask for help. I have been with you all since Seven Forums. I am using a program that is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by antoniod, Sep 21, 2015.

1. antoniod Win User

How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active?

Hello --

I am new to this forum, but I would like to ask for help. I have been with you all since Seven Forums.

I am using a program that is no longer being further developed or supported by the developer. It is called PS3 Media Server and is basically the best program that I have found for serving media (streaming videos) from my PC over the network to my PS3.

For what it's worth, I have not found a better program that streams from the PC to the PS3 or ROKU which allows me to browse and view the files on the system remotely and then play the files by transcoding them so that even seemingly incompatible file formats will still play because of the CODECs that I have installed.

The problem is that when my computer goes to "sleep", this program also stops, rather than preventing the PC from sleeping and letting me continue to stream my videos. I realize that I could change the Sleep / Wake settings each and every time I want to view a video on my TV, but that seems tedious.

Is there a way to tell Windows 10 to not sleep when this specific program, PS3 Media Server, is running and / or being used?

Thanks for your consideration of my issue. I appreciate any help or feedback that you can give me to shed light on this problem.

~Antonio *Smile

P.S. Any idea what happened to Windows 9? Usually, 9 comes after 8 but I guess the folks at M$ did not learn this in Kindergarten. *chuckle

:)

antoniod, Sep 21, 2015
  2. sophieqiu Win User

When play music prevent surface pro 4 go to sleep

Is it possible to prevent surface pro 4 to sleep when play music? I do not ask how to change the time before go to sleep.

sophieqiu, Sep 21, 2015
  3. How do I prevent my phone from going back to windows 8.1 after reset from windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Glad to know the issue has been Resolved.

Feel Free to post for any further queries related to Windows.

We will be happy to help you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active?

1. How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active? - Similar Threads - prevent going sleep

2. How do I prevent WMI Activity errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent WMI Activity errors: I've been having issues with my CPU usage. And have noticed that my VMI Provider Host never drops below 16% CPU usage, sometimes getting up to 40% usage.I own a CPU i5 7400, temperature avg is 42, minimum 37 max 51 celsius. I've tried cleaning up any virus, booting into...
  3. Preventing a computer from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing a computer from going to sleep: With everyone working remotely, I worked hard to make sure that our computers at the office never went to sleep. There used to be separate sections on the Power and Sleep settings allowing you to tell the computer to never go to sleep. Well an update must have gone out and...
  4. Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0686no I have two monitors connected. Another DVI port and another HDMI port.I want the DVI port to go to sleep and the HDMI port to stay active when the monitor is in sleep mode.I listen to music and watch movies through the HDMI port and...
  5. What's preventing Windows 10 going into sleep after idling certain time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's preventing Windows 10 going into sleep after idling certain time?: Windows 10 Pro, 2004 build 19041.450 In version 1909, it could go into sleep after idling. Once upgraded, it could not. I suspected it was antivirus, removed it and it was able to go into sleep after idling again. Now it stopped working again. I can manually put it to...
  6. How to prevent certain program from auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent certain program from auto update: How to prevent certain program from auto update From Control Panel shows Windows defender firewall from right shows Advanced Setting From right shows Inbound Rules, from lift shows New Rule, and follow the steps 1- اختار برامج 2-حدد مكان البرنامج الذى لا ترغب في تحديثه...
  7. How do I prevent Onedrive from uploading certain files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I prevent Onedrive from uploading certain files?: I recently ported my entire photo library onto my laptop from my phone. There are several thousand pictures that now download automatically from iCloud periodically. The problem is that OneDrive is trying to automatically upload these photos to my OneDrive Account, and...
  8. How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?: I have four external hard disks connected to my laptop either directly or through a USB hub. I have searched the issue that I'm asking about, but I have not found a definitive answer. The most common solution appears to be to use a program to write a small file to each hard...
  9. How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?: I am using windows 10 in my laptop and desktop. I am having a problem with my external HDD. Windows automatically disconnects my external HDD after 30-40 minutes. I have tried all but still it disconnects with a sound. In windows 7 all same steps worked for me but I don't...
  10. How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?: How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep after inactivity? I have hybrid sleep off. Whenever I try to wake it up, it doesn't respond to any of keys except for the power button. That leads me to thinking it's been shut down, crashed, or is in a deep sleep....