Windows 10: How do I PREVENT THE RE-INSTALLATION of Groove music?

Discus and support How do I PREVENT THE RE-INSTALLATION of Groove music? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason, even after I have removed this software, it keeps being reinstalled. How do I PREVENT or STOP it from being installed, or stop its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VernDimmen, Aug 1, 2018.

1. How do I PREVENT THE RE-INSTALLATION of Groove music?

For some reason, even after I have removed this software, it keeps being reinstalled. How do I PREVENT or STOP it from being installed, or stop its installation?

:)

VernDimmen, Aug 1, 2018

2. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Josipa Win User
    Groove Music

My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and this won't work for me.
    Any suggestions?
    I have Windows 10 on a PC.
    I found an online troubleshooting that suggesting I delete temporary files and reset Internet explorer which I did and which has not helped.
    thank you
    (I am also not super tech savy so laymen's instructions is appreciated)

Josipa, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

How do I PREVENT THE RE-INSTALLATION of Groove music?

groove music

Hi Carrie,

You can browse for music files in different locations so that you'll be able to see the music from your MP3 player in Groove Music. Just follow these steps:

• In Groove Music, click Settings, which has the gear icon.

• Under Music on this PC, click Choose where we look for music.

• Click the Plus icon.

• Browse to the location of your MP3 player, and click Add this folder to Music.

• Click Done.

The files on your MP3 player should show up on Groove Music after following these steps.

Let us know if you have any other concerns with Groove Music.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

How do I PREVENT THE RE-INSTALLATION of Groove music?

1. How do I PREVENT THE RE-INSTALLATION of Groove music? - Similar Threads - PREVENT INSTALLATION Groove

2. Windows installing groove music instead of groove music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installing groove music instead of groove music: recently i formatted both my hard drive and ssd because of messed up permissions when i recover windows from my saved products key, only the groove music with blue background and white logo is seen on my pc instead of the black orange groove music we have, or the new media...
  3. Windows installing groove music instead of groove music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installing groove music instead of groove music: recently i formatted both my hard drive and ssd because of messed up permissions when i recover windows from my saved products key, only the groove music with blue background and white logo is seen on my pc instead of the black orange groove music we have, or the new media...
  4. Windows installing groove music instead of groove music

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?: We've recently bought a new computer and have transferred all the music files over from the previous PC. They still play fine, but when I choose a particular album now there is no "PLAY ALL" option visible ~ and it will only play one track at a time, which is pretty...
  6. Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?

Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?: We've recently bought a new computer and have transferred all the music files over from the previous PC. They still play fine, but when I choose a particular album now there is no "PLAY ALL" option visible ~ and it will only play one track at a time, which is pretty...
  7. Groove music won't install

Groove music won't install: For some reason, Groove music uninstalled from my machine and won't reinstall from MS Store. I need to point out that I didn't uninstall it, I noticed in start menu that It has suddenly gone. I have tried to reinstall from MS store, but the download just hangs. Is there a fix...
  8. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  9. how do I connect my ipods to groove music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I connect my ipods to groove music: I trying to snyc music to ipod but I can not get groove music to connect to ipod https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-ipods-to-groove-music/a88904d3-6d2b-4f83-a78a-9cbe08a2f01f
  10. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent groove music from installing