Windows 10: how do I put an icon on the desktop?

Discus and support how do I put an icon on the desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot put icons on the desktop? nothing I do seems to work. There are icons already part of the operating system; I mean "new" icons from URLs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gene Goodwin755, Aug 11, 2018.

1. how do I put an icon on the desktop?

I cannot put icons on the desktop? nothing I do seems to work. There are icons already part of the operating system; I mean "new" icons from URLs

:)

Gene Goodwin755, Aug 11, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 11, 2018
  4. how do I put an icon on the desktop?

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

how do I put an icon on the desktop?

1. how do I put an icon on the desktop? - Similar Threads - put icon desktop

2. How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?: How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-the-microphone-icon-on-my-taskbar/f0766103-0333-429c-8607-4c9937b303db
  3. How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?: How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-the-microphone-icon-on-my-taskbar/f0766103-0333-429c-8607-4c9937b303db
  4. After installing Microsoft Scan, how do I put an icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing Microsoft Scan, how do I put an icon on my desktop?: I installed Microsoft Scan for my MX92 Canon Scanner/Printer. Now, how do I access it? I'd like to place an icon on my Desktop. Thank you........
  5. After installing Microsoft Scan, how do I put an icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installing Microsoft Scan, how do I put an icon on my desktop?: I installed Microsoft Scan for my MX92 Canon Scanner/Printer. Now, how do I access it? I'd like to place an icon on my Desktop. Thank you........
  6. How do I put apps on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I put apps on my desktop?: For so long I have been wondering how I put apps on my desktop and I searched it up and only got wafflewaffle means rubbish if you're wondering so I have come here to ask how to do it and to be honest I don't have much hope that the community can help me after my last problem...
  7. How do I put icons on my home page

How do I put icons on my home page: how do I put icons on my home page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-icons-on-my-home-page/5dd28ee5-23b6-47d3-818c-4c6a8aa24c95
  8. how do I put a printer icon on my taskbar

how do I put a printer icon on my taskbar: how do I put an icon of printer on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-a-printer-icon-on-my-taskbar/b9a9b28e-cd8c-485f-a08d-5b039d5586d3
  9. How to put Win10 camera icon/shortcut on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to put Win10 camera icon/shortcut on desktop: Hey guys!! Just a quick question. I'm using my Windows laptop camera,but i'd love to know how to put a quick access shortcut on my desktop. Anyone know how?? Thank you. 61595
  10. How to put This PC icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to put This PC icon on desktop: I've got build 10159 installed. I can't find a way to put the This PC icon on the desk top. That should be a simple task. Has any one done it? 7704