Windows 10: how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?

Discus and support how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is saying that my wireless printer is off line how do I fix this issue? It was working fine until I changed the password on my modem/router.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RooseveltWalker1, Aug 25, 2018.

1. how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?

My laptop is saying that my wireless printer is off line how do I fix this issue? It was working fine until I changed the password on my modem/router.

:)

RooseveltWalker1, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

• Remove the printer device.
    • Add a Printer
    • The printer that I want isn’t listed
    • Select a shared printer by name
    • Browse
    • Select the displayed Machine 1.
    • Select the displayed Printer.
    • Next
    • Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    • Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    • Next
    • Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    • Detecting TCP/IP Port
    • Additional Port information required.
    • Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    • Next
    • Detecting the Driver Model
    • Install The Print Driver
    • Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    • Next
    • Replace the Current Driver
    • Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    • Next
    • Do not share this printer
    • Next
    • You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    • Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 25, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?

Printer question

To print to default from command line:

lpr <filename>

To print to specific printer:

lpr <filename> -Pprintername

also try lpr <tab><tab> for list of lpr commands

IggSter, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?

1. how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop? - Similar Threads - put printer line

2. how can i get my printer to print from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get my printer to print from my computer?: I cannot get my printer canon 8520 series to print from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-printer-to-print-from-my-computer/ab569d27-2066-42ef-bfba-a3212f92ccb2
  3. how can i get my printer to print from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i get my printer to print from my computer?: I cannot get my printer canon 8520 series to print from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-printer-to-print-from-my-computer/ab569d27-2066-42ef-bfba-a3212f92ccb2
  4. Printer will not Print, "Printer Off Line". I have tried everything I can, can. How can I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer will not Print, "Printer Off Line". I have tried everything I can, can. How can I...: I have tried everything to get my printer working. It shows my Wi-Fi is not connected. I tried getting it up, but that wouldn't work. I don't need Wi-Fi, I just need to get my printer working....
  5. Printer will not Print, "Printer Off Line". I have tried everything I can, can. How can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer will not Print, "Printer Off Line". I have tried everything I can, can. How can I...: I have tried everything to get my printer working. It shows my Wi-Fi is not connected. I tried getting it up, but that wouldn't work. I don't need Wi-Fi, I just need to get my printer working....
  6. How do I put my printer "on Line"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I put my printer "on Line": How do I put my printer "on Line"[Moderator Edit: Moved from the Community Participation Centre] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-my-printer-on-line/e30735b1-5fbb-490a-9af0-e4ab79ca5c77
  7. How to disable "Print to File" so I can print off of my printer.

How to disable "Print to File" so I can print off of my printer.: Every time I try to print a word document, it instead opens up the Print to File menu. There's a checkbox in the printer drop down menu that enables Print to File, but it isn't enabled, and it doesn't matter whether or not i check the box, it always Prints to File. I tried...
  8. HOW DO YOU PUT A PRINTER ON LINE

HOW DO YOU PUT A PRINTER ON LINE: DUH..MY PRINTER IS OFFLINE...HOW DO I PUT IT ONLINE???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-put-a-printer-on-line/86428b2a-a80a-4730-ac92-acd4b0cae390
  9. my printer says Idle so how do I make it print

in Windows 10 Customization
    my printer says Idle so how do I make it print: Printer says it is Idle. How do I start it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-says-idle-so-how-do-i-make-it-print/d716bf23-9d1d-4734-9b16-03943f2dd6df
  10. How do I put my printer online

How do I put my printer online: My printer says it's not online * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-put-my-printer-online/96279934-8d30-4b13-af15-e9a27d495d17