Windows 10: How do I re-install Windows with or without recovery partition?

Discus and support How do I re-install Windows with or without recovery partition? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, So, you guys waste an entire drive on just an OS ? Regardless of its actual size ? Seems like a strange policy to me. Cheers, *Wink... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GarrukApex, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Berton Win User

How do I re-install Windows with or without recovery partition?

A waste? Many times when an HDD fails it takes out all partitions so the waste would be when the personal files/data that exists nowhere else has not been backed up onto or copied onto a different drive. GPARTED can be used to create partitions as desired but the downside is properly choosing which partition is to be used for what purpose.

Berton, Apr 8, 2016
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

Only for the initial install. Resizing with MiniTool Partition Wizard Free after Windows is installed works very well.

NavyLCDR, Apr 8, 2016
  3. cereberus Win User
    For a clean install, you can just use disk management to shrink C drive of course as partitions will be setup nicely.

Really good plan to separate data from OS drive for ease of backup and reinstalls. First thing I do on any PC.

cereberus, Apr 8, 2016
  4. How do I re-install Windows with or without recovery partition?

If my DATA partition is on the same drive, that's the only partition I leave standing. The rest I just delete and leave the space as unallocated. My laptop and desktop PC have an SSD for the OS and a second drive for my Data. In my laptop its a second SSD, in my desktop its a spinner. It's all backed up anyway to portable media. My wife's laptop is the only PC left here with only the one drive in it.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I re-install Windows with or without recovery partition?

1. How do I re-install Windows with or without recovery partition? - Similar Threads - install without recovery

2. How do i re-install Windows 7 without CD ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i re-install Windows 7 without CD ?: Hello.I have a old laptop that i would like to sell and because of that re-install Windows 7, so that all traces of me gets deleted and also so that its like someone just bought from a store, what options do i have ?Thanks....
  3. How do i re-install Windows 7 without CD ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i re-install Windows 7 without CD ?: Hello.I have a old laptop that i would like to sell and because of that re-install Windows 7, so that all traces of me gets deleted and also so that its like someone just bought from a store, what options do i have ?Thanks....
  4. How Do I Re-install Windows Without This Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Do I Re-install Windows Without This Problem: I've been having problems with my pc ever since I came back from holiday and its mainly due to windowsTrying to download things so I decided I would factory reset it but now it won't even allow me to as it says my PC/Device needs to be repaired so I would like to know what I...
  5. How Do I Re-install Windows Without This Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Re-install Windows Without This Problem: I've been having problems with my pc ever since I came back from holiday and its mainly due to windowsTrying to download things so I decided I would factory reset it but now it won't even allow me to as it says my PC/Device needs to be repaired so I would like to know what I...
  6. How Do I Re-install Windows Without This Problem

7. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...: if I deleted the "healthy recovery partition" then I reset the windows with "install windows 10 from the internet" will that re-create the deleted "healthy recovery partition"?...
  8. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...: if I deleted the "healthy recovery partition" then I reset the windows with "install windows 10 from the internet" will that re-create the deleted "healthy recovery partition"?...
  9. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

10. New installing without damaging recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New installing without damaging recovery partition: I bought a new laptop it comes with Win 10 home. I would like to install windows 10 pro with a clean install but would like to keep the original recovery partition just in case. I don't want to upgrade win 10 home to pro. How do I do this? submitted by /u/one_piece1...