Windows 10: How do I reactivate a windows support case?

Discus and support How do I reactivate a windows support case? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't find a site for windows support except the one with the automatic answer. Which is barely functional and will not recognize a case number.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Aug 8, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

How do I reactivate a windows support case?

I can't find a site for windows support except the one with the automatic answer. Which is barely functional and will not recognize a case number. Help!

:)

tcebob, Aug 8, 2017

2. How do I reactivate WinX after installing it on a new hard drive?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Just one thing I would like clarified:

Should I install/activate Win 7 first, then "upgrade install" WinX over it. Or do I just install WinX to the empty drive & enter my Win 7 key to activate it? ( I do still have a Win 7 installation disc I can use)

Also I found the CD burning instructions a little lacking.

Can I just burn the ISO to a cd with IMG burn? I think my system has a UEFI (and a regular BIOS screen), do I have to use a USB just because of the UEFI, or can I burn it to a CD & install it with the UEFI?

Sorry for the extra questions, but this is just frustrating.

Also I have tried downloading the ISOs but the download gets to around 4 GB of the 4.1 GB and then "fails" to finish the download. (I'm trying yet again as I type this)

If I download the .exe can I mount that onto a bootable CD with IMG burn?

Edit: nevermind the struckthrough part. Turns out the 4.1GB file is "too large" for the empty 32GB usb drive I'm trying to put it on...(?) I'm downloading at my local library right now (my laptop is now giving me problems starting up & not really usable)
    and the file problem seems to be with the library pc that I'm using. bleg >(

Shojo Dagger, Aug 8, 2017
  3. How do I reactivate WinX after installing it on a new hard drive?

I have a laptop that had a small SSD for the OS & a larger HDD.

The SSD went kaput on me. (the laptop is still functional however, it seems like the OS files were also installed to the HDD or something, I don't know, I didn't set up the OS & storage options, it came that way when I bought it)

So when I buy a new SSD I'll need to clean install Windows to it.

However I bought the laptop used from a dealer, it had originally had Win 7 on it & had been upgraded to WinX.

I have tried the "add account" option in the activation folder to get a product key, but that just brings up a blank white box with nowhere to sign into! Even if I could sign into a microsoft account from the activation section, there is something confusing
    me:

I looked at a "help" page about this & it says that I should "enter the password for your local account if the Microsoft account you entered isn’t a connected account". What is that supposed to mean? What do they mean by "local account"? Do they mean
    they want my windows login password? Why would Microsoft want/need the password for my computer? That seems like A) none of their business & B) a security risk to give them.

How do I get a key to re-activate WinX after I reinstall it? I read an article that I could use my Win 7 key (my pc has still has the CoA for win 7), is that method still available?

I bought this laptop with a legitimate copy of WinX on it, the OS was included in the price of the PC, therefore I bought this copy of WinX legitimately, I don't see why I can't get the key for it, or why I should be forced to re-buy an new copy of
    Windows, just because Microsoft doesn't want to give pc owners the keys to prove they have legitimate copies of the OS.

I just want to be able to re-activate the OS which I already have, without buying an expensive new "license" for the OS, which I have already bought with my laptop and am evidently licensed to use as it is already activated & working on my pc. I'm pretty
    frustrated trying to find answers about this, every article I've read about this says to use the "add account" option to get a product key, but as I said that is not working for me! How do I add an account to get a product key if I can't sign in from the "add
    account" button?

Also where can I get installation files for version 1607? I've seen nothing but problems reported with version 1703 & it doesn't have any features I want/need/would use either.

Shojo Dagger, Aug 8, 2017
  4. How do I reactivate a windows support case?

You'll have far better results asking your question here. No one, outside of large Enterprise organizations, goes to Microsoft directly for support.

Besides, it's free here.

DeaconFrost, Aug 8, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    If you go thru the virtual assistant https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ and keep typing the words Phone Call, it will eventually allow you to schedule a phone call. Give the agent that you speak to your Case #.
    I know, Archaic, but it works.

spunk, Aug 8, 2017
  6. tcebob Win User
    tcebob, Aug 9, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    spunk, Aug 9, 2017
  8. How do I reactivate a windows support case?

It definitely isn't going to be a Microsoft issue, or anything they can resolve.

Now you see why most of us build our own tower computers. =)

DeaconFrost, Aug 9, 2017
  9. Microsoft Chat has always helped out many Creators 1703 lockups and misfires on 1pc and 2 laptops with this Update

oldirongut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I reactivate a windows support case?

1. How do I reactivate a windows support case? - Similar Threads - reactivate support case

2. how do I get support for my tier two case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get support for my tier two case: Hi everybody,I got a case# from microsoft support chat. They handed it over to the tier two support. nobody from tier two support ist contacting me. How do I get help in my case?Timm...
  3. how do I get support for my tier two case

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get support for my tier two case: Hi everybody,I got a case# from microsoft support chat. They handed it over to the tier two support. nobody from tier two support ist contacting me. How do I get help in my case?Timm...
  4. how do I get support for my tier two case

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How do I contact a microsoft person? I was given a case number in case support did not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I contact a microsoft person? I was given a case number in case support did not...: I do not even know how I was abe to get a chat. I was given a case number in case support did not work. Well, it did not!!! Is it impossible to reach a microsoft person or microsoft chat/...
  6. How do I contact a microsoft person? I was given a case number in case support did not...

How do I contact a microsoft person? I was given a case number in case support did not...: I do not even know how I was abe to get a chat. I was given a case number in case support did not work. Well, it did not!!! Is it impossible to reach a microsoft person or microsoft chat/...
  7. how do I look up status of a support case number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I look up status of a support case number: how do I look up status of a support case number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-look-up-status-of-a-support-case-number/fd2256f4-d485-4e78-ac96-1b8bc6c639ad
  8. how do I look up status of a support case number

how do I look up status of a support case number: how do I look up status of a support case number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-look-up-status-of-a-support-case-number/fd2256f4-d485-4e78-ac96-1b8bc6c639ad
  9. how do I look up status of a support case number

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. case support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    case support: i have a tech support case number, but fix didn't work. Where do I go to have this case file fix corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/case-support/fa5de083-b1f4-42a9-9298-ca299944ea32