Windows 10: How do I rearrange a toolbar item position in Win 10 File Explorer?

Discus and support How do I rearrange a toolbar item position in Win 10 File Explorer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I rearrange an item position in the toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer (the one below the menu bar File-Edit-View-Tools-Help)? As an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mb300e, Jul 21, 2017.

1. mb300e Win User

How do I rearrange a toolbar item position in Win 10 File Explorer?

How do I rearrange an item position in the toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer (the one below the menu bar File-Edit-View-Tools-Help)?

As an example, in a picture folder, the choices from left to right are “Organize”, “Include selected folder in library” , “Share with”, “Slideshow” and “New Folder”. When I single click on an image, I get some different choices but “New Folder: is always on the extreme right and is hidden.

The selection I make most often is “New Folder” and I want to move it over to be the first or second choice from the left. Most often it is hidden because of the size I have my Explorer windows set to. When I am working with my files and folders I normally have at least two windows open side by side. Right now I have to find the dropdown arrow and select New Folder from there. Because I use a Hi Res HdMI monitor the down arrow is hard to see and I’ll often click on the Share With” by mistake.

I hope this all makes sense.

Is it possible maybe with a registry change to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Peter B.

How do I rearrange a toolbar item position in Win 10 File Explorer? [​IMG]

:)

mb300e, Jul 21, 2017
  2. SRS43 Win User

How do you move a item such as Word, from the toolbar to the Desktop?

Original title: Toolbar in WIN 10

how do you move a item such as Word, from the toolbar to the Desktop or Start page ???

SRS43, Jul 21, 2017
  3. How do I rearrange the order of the taskbar icons in Windows 10?

Windows 10. How do I rearrange the startup position of the icons on the taskbar, not the dragging bit?

FranklinWomack, Jul 21, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

@mb300e
    It's a bit of work but possible.
    This applies to the Command Bar as you show it in your screenshot, because it messes some things up if you re-enable the Explorer Ribbon!

Basically, you'll re-position applicable buttons, hide buttons you don't use or rename some lengthy ones, or all of the above!

Follow the explicit instructions in these tutorials:

How to Customize Command Bar in Windows 7 Explorer? Add Cut, Copy, Paste and Other Useful Buttons - AskVG

How to Customize (Rename, Remove or Hide) Command Bar Buttons in Windows 7 Explorer? - AskVG

Ultimate Tutorial to Tweak and Customize in Windows 7 Explorer - AskVG

Export every Reg Key, for backup, first before you fool around with any of them!!!

Edwin, Jul 21, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I rearrange a toolbar item position in Win 10 File Explorer? - Similar Threads - rearrange toolbar item

2. How do I hide this "toolbar" in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I hide this "toolbar" in Explorer?: I mean the copy/paste icons and so on. I really don't need that toolbar at all since I just use keyboard shortcuts anyway, and it doesn't go well with the theme I've chosen. How do I disable it?...
  3. How do I hide this "toolbar" in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I hide this "toolbar" in Explorer?: I mean the copy/paste icons and so on. I really don't need that toolbar at all since I just use keyboard shortcuts anyway, and it doesn't go well with the theme I've chosen. How do I disable it?...
  4. Rearranged desktp items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rearranged desktp items: I tend to keep my desktop items in clusters following a certain logic. Why is Windows 10 rearranging my desktop items every once in a while and is there a way to prevent it other than using a proper OS? I have the 'auto arrange icons' option unchecked. I see a lot of people...
  5. How to rearrange running items on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to rearrange running items on the taskbar?: I don't combine items on the taskbar, so if I have 3 instances of Google Chrome running for instance, all 3 will be listed on the taskbar, the way Windows traditionally had them. But if I want to rearrange the order of the 3 instances, how do I do it? I can drag and drop the...
  6. how do i reveal the toolbar in explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i reveal the toolbar in explorer?: how do i reveal the toolbar in explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reveal-the-toolbar-in-explorer/90f7ada3-ed54-43b5-9022-b0dfefb70275
  7. How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer: How do I change/reorder File Explorer's Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) items? I put a bunch of ribbon commands on the File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar but I'm not happy with the order in which they appear... I added them as I came across them and now I would like to resort them...
  8. File Explorer - rearranging files

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer - rearranging files: The Windows Photo Viewer will not display photos in the order they are sorted by Windows Explorer. This is not referring to the slide show feature, just the forward and back arrows. The only order pictures can be viewed is by name despite Windows Explorer being set at view...
  9. How do I Hide or Remove Items in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Hide or Remove Items in File Explorer?: In File Explorer on the far right corner of the screen you will find a white question mark in a small blue circle. What that icon does it launches a BING browser tab that is full on Windows 10 help links. In the most recent past I thought that Bing had installed a Bing Virus...
  10. Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...