Windows 10: How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures

Discus and support How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a lot of pics and documents in Saved Pictures. I want to rearrange them so that they are in a logical order and re group them by interest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RaymondWindoz10, Feb 23, 2018.

1. How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures

I have a lot of pics and documents in Saved Pictures.

I want to rearrange them so that they are in a logical order and re group them by interest etc....

I tried right clicking , sliding, copy and paste.........nothing works.

I assumed I would have been able to do it the same way your regroup the tiles on the desktop.

I guess I was wrong.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

:)

RaymondWindoz10, Feb 23, 2018

2. Tile fixing

Windows 10 has started to rearrange our tiles on start-up. The wife and I share this computer and have arranged the tiles for Her and I. It used to be that the tiles would stay where put, no longer. How do I fix?

Sandgnattoo, Feb 23, 2018
  3. how to move and arrange tiles

I believe it is possible to rearrange tiles on the start screen, but I can't do this yet. If I drag a tile, then the whole screen moves. I can delete (un pin) a tile, but I can't reposition a tile. Currently there are gaps, where I removed a tile, and
    I can't move any other tile into the gap. How to do this?

Jeff Leese, Feb 23, 2018
  4. dmholt57 Win User

How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures

Use folders and name them according to your grouping wishes, easier to find later... *Cool

dmholt57, Feb 23, 2018
  5. Mooly Win User
    There are probably 3rd party programs for this but the way I do it is to name the pictures with a 1. xyz, 2. xyz sequence and so on. They will then arrange in numerical order.

Mooly, Feb 23, 2018
  6. Hi,
    Use real names and a simple numbering or lettering system.
    Using numbers try Name-0001 and so on.

ThrashZone, Feb 23, 2018
  7. It's working.

I found the easiest way was to organize them in categories for ones that are closely associated.

Random - for those that don't have a category

Trading - if it was linked to my Trading / Brokerage accounts.

Coal - if it was linked to the coal industry

Oil - if it was linked to oil

Then it would alphabetize them by coal, oil etc......and the first letter that followed them.

I tried the number thing, 1,2,3 but I found that if I wanted to add a tile to a number sequence that I would have to renumber and re-save everyone that followed it..........no thanks.

It's a shame we can't just drag and drop, like we do on the desktop.

Thanks for your help !

RaymondWindoz10, Feb 24, 2018
  8. Berton Win User

A note: they are thumbnail-type icons, can't be moved like the tiles can be on the desktop. They are arranged by name just as if in the Details View. Some settings in a Folder work best when first set in the Details View.

Berton, Feb 24, 2018
  9. mrgeek Win User
    "I tried the number thing, 1,2,3 but I found that if I wanted to add a tile to a number sequence that I would have to renumber and re-save everyone that followed it..........no thanks."

I do this all the time; eg- I have 10 pictures of a golf hole arranged in order from tee to green. Then I find 3 more to intermingle into the sequence. I re-arrange the pictures in FastStone Image Viewer - FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ... then drag the new array into this tiny renaming program - Rename files with A.F.5 and renumber the new sequence in new order. Quickly DONE !

mrgeek, Feb 24, 2018
  10. I'll check it out tomorrow,

Thanks!

11. How come I could not give you a thumbs up?
    It said I had to spread reputation around before I can give it to you.
    This is new to me.

Thanks

12. Mooly Win User
    Its probably because you gave it to me *Smile Thanks. Or maybe you had given Berton a thumbs up previously.

As to the numbering... try something 1a, 1b or 1.1, 1,2 etc if you want drop more images into a sequence. Always ways and means, well nearly always.

Mooly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures - Similar Threads - rearrange tiles Pictures

2. How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu?: I can't find an answer to this anywhere and this is quite literally constantly pissing me off. I have my shit arranged exactly as I want it, but MS periodically thinks I want my start menu rearranged. I DON'T! Is there any way at all to stop this from happening? I'm seriously...
  3. How To Change App Tile Picture?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Change App Tile Picture?: I have an app pinned to my start menu that I installed from the MS Store. I don't like the tile picture. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the icon of the app? Thanks 156517
  4. Change tile picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change tile picture: How do I change the tile picture on the People tile in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-tile-picture/97c40ecb-4907-4ed7-9105-96e9a5514559
  5. Picture Tiles

Picture Tiles: Hi I would like to see the actual photos in my library instead of the picture symbol. How can I change this in Windows 10? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-tiles/9be7eaa7-b0f7-47ae-93f5-3471a1d1b37c
  6. Rearranging picture in a picture folder in Windows 10.

Rearranging picture in a picture folder in Windows 10.: How do I manually rearrange picture in a pictures folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rearranging-picture-in-a-picture-folder-in-windows/a49576b9-a276-4f7a-ab2a-d4d6da8c49c4
  7. How can I get the pictures on the windows10 tile app into 'my pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get the pictures on the windows10 tile app into 'my pictures: Please can someone help me. I have purchased an Internet offer for a collage which requires me to upload my pictures which I have selected and have in a folder in the Windows 10 picture app on my PC. However, when I go to the sellers site to proceed with the sale I press the...
  8. Missing pictures in tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing pictures in tiles: How can I fix the missing tile for Google chrome. Using Win 10 home latest build [img] 99021
  9. Tiles on start page resize and rearrange on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles on start page resize and rearrange on reboot: I searched for this but nothing turned up. The tiles I've put on the start page for various apps (all resized to small) and arranged in groups are rearranging themselves randomly and resizing to medium each time I reboot. I can't find any reason for this. Also, is it possible...
  10. Rearrange 'all settings' tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Rearrange 'all settings' tiles: Is there a way? I'm not talking about the action center tiles, which can be rearranged. Action Center-All Settings---tiles 75784