Windows 10: How do I recover a file from B/U-Restore?

Discus and support How do I recover a file from B/U-Restore? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I don't need to recover my entire backup. I seem to recall in Windows 7 that I could look at files saved using backup and restore. Then click on one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by lbeck, Sep 8, 2015.

1. lbeck Win User

How do I recover a file from B/U-Restore?

I don't need to recover my entire backup.

I seem to recall in Windows 7 that I could look at files saved using backup and restore. Then click on one to recover it. How do I do this in 10?

Thanks

:)

lbeck, Sep 8, 2015

2. How do I recover a deleted file

If the file is deleted, then it can be found in Recycle bin. Could you please check into Recycle bin?

Also, if CTRL+Z restores the last action if last action was delete i.e. no other action has been taken after the delete.

E for Excel, Sep 8, 2015
  3. How do I recover a deleted file

I accidentally deleted a file when trying to rename it.

RussellLeone1, Sep 8, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

If the backup file is a .vhd, mount it as a virtual drive. (right click, mount)

NavyLCDR, Sep 8, 2015
  5. lbeck Win User
    It's a .vhdx file. When I try to mount I get an error message
    How do I recover a file from B/U-Restore? [​IMG]

lbeck, Sep 8, 2015
  6. lbeck Win User
    I don't know what a snap-in is. Under disc management I see

How do I recover a file from B/U-Restore? [​IMG]

lbeck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I recover a file from B/U-Restore? - Similar Threads - recover file Restore

2. How do I recover files from a ransomware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from a ransomware?: A friend of mine experienced a cyberattack. This is the second time in the last year. The person got hacked.They want to recover their files from a Wiaw ransomware attack. How do they do that? Please help. Their OS is Windows 11 intel i3core desktop....
  3. How do I recover files that were not restored from the recycling bin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I recover files that were not restored from the recycling bin?: I accidentally deleted a photos folder from OneDrive.I went to the recycling bin and the photos were there.I restored the folder but when it was done restoring, the folder was there, the subfolders were there, but the actual photos were all gone.The folders are empty. The...
  4. How do I recover files from vhdx?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from vhdx?: I am new to the topic of virtual machines so please bare with me.I was playing around with VMs when I accidentally deleted it. I am now left with a backup vhdx file. I tried...1 importing the vhdx into a new VM, but it would not boot properly2 mounting it, but it is giving me...
  5. How do I recover files from vhdx?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover files from vhdx?: I am new to the topic of virtual machines so please bare with me.I was playing around with VMs when I accidentally deleted it. I am now left with a backup vhdx file. I tried...1 importing the vhdx into a new VM, but it would not boot properly2 mounting it, but it is giving me...
  6. How can i restore system from recovered file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can i restore system from recovered file?: I have to restore the system to a restore point that windows deleted for some reason, I've recovered the file using a third party program, I don't even know the ectension but i have to recover the system fromthis file, that judging by the name must be a system restore file,...
  7. How can i restore system from recovered file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i restore system from recovered file?: I have to restore the system to a restore point that windows deleted for some reason, I've recovered the file using a third party program, I don't even know the ectension but i have to recover the system fromthis file, that judging by the name must be a system restore file,...
  8. How can i restore system from recovered file?

9. u s b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    u s b: *really I am not tech minded perhaps one of you brain boxes can help me please , is there such a device like a u s b what i can plug in my tv and coming out of the other end a small lead with a 3.5 plug on so i can use my headphones, i am sure they must be something around,...
  10. u s b

u s b: *really I am not tech minded perhaps one of you brain boxes can help me please , is there such a device like a u s b what i can plug in my tv and coming out of the other end a small lead with a 3.5 plug on so i can use my headphones, i am sure they must be something around,...