Windows 10: How do I reinstall OneDrive after 3rd party uninstall

Discus and support How do I reinstall OneDrive after 3rd party uninstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I thought that something was wrong with OneDrive, as after an update it started presenting tons of different errors in files that were being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by varxtis, May 27, 2018.

1. varxtis Win User

How do I reinstall OneDrive after 3rd party uninstall

So, I thought that something was wrong with OneDrive, as after an update it started presenting tons of different errors in files that were being synced. Come to find out it was using a different method(?) of syncing that I could have disabled. Unfortunately I didn't come across this clarification until after I did something really really stupid: I uninstalled OneDrive with IOBit Uninstaller and did a "Deep" clean uninstall."

I have tried every method I can think of to download and reinstall OneDrive, but every avenue says "Oh, you have windows 10. So you must already have OneDrive. Therefore, you don't actually need this download"

So, does anyone know where I could get the executable installation file for the most recent version of OneDrive?

:)

varxtis, May 27, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 27, 2018
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    3rd party antivirus/firewall and win10

Antivirus; the attempt by Microsoft to remove (uninstall) or limit 3rd party antivirus and firewalls is truly overreach.

This action is purely designed to make the win10 systems allow Microsoft products and setting not be blocked by other software.

Automatically turning on the built in defender and windows firewall before a 3rd party product has finished updating, being completely uninstalled or temporally paused should not invoke win10 to restart its built in products, but it does infract do this.

This is true for any pc that has any win10 files including the get win10 gwx program in win7 and 8.1.

This corrupts the installation of 3rd party product's so as to not allow the program to use its full capacity, there by making the system venerable.

The only option is to have to uninstall the 3rd party software and reinstall, this can be a real pain to reconfigure on every win10 updates build.

I can only think that this is also why Microsoft is making it difficult to use any other system protection but its own.

A big step in the wrong direction.

kjl1956, May 27, 2018
Thema:

How do I reinstall OneDrive after 3rd party uninstall

1. How do I reinstall OneDrive after 3rd party uninstall - Similar Threads - reinstall OneDrive 3rd

2. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  3. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  4. How many of you guys use 3rd party uninstallers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many of you guys use 3rd party uninstallers?: How many of you guys use 3rd party uninstallers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-of-you-guys-use-3rd-party-uninstallers/766f0e2e-d9f6-412e-b5a8-840f214dab1b
  5. How many of you guys use 3rd party uninstallers?

How many of you guys use 3rd party uninstallers?: How many of you guys use 3rd party uninstallers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-of-you-guys-use-3rd-party-uninstallers/766f0e2e-d9f6-412e-b5a8-840f214dab1b
  6. Microsoft Family recognizes OneDrive as 3rd party

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family recognizes OneDrive as 3rd party: Hello, when I try to setup OneDrive on my son's Windows 10 pc managed with Microsoft Family, it prevents logon with the message that 3rd party access is required. Very weird.The OneDrive app is the one that is preinstalled with Windows 10.If I enable 3rd party access in...
  7. Microsoft Family recognizes OneDrive as 3rd party

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family recognizes OneDrive as 3rd party: Hello, when I try to setup OneDrive on my son's Windows 10 pc managed with Microsoft Family, it prevents logon with the message that 3rd party access is required. Very weird.The OneDrive app is the one that is preinstalled with Windows 10.If I enable 3rd party access in...
  8. Microsoft Family recognizes OneDrive as 3rd party

9. How do I set the correct permissions for a 3rd-party installer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I set the correct permissions for a 3rd-party installer?: Hello, What username and permission should I use for a 3rd-party installer? I am getting this error: "The file 'C:\reg.bat' could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination directory. A required privilege is not...
  10. How do I reinstall OneDrive?

How do I reinstall OneDrive?: OK so I installed and have been running W10 today. I noticed that I did not have a Quick Access link to my OneDrive. So I went to Programs and Features and found it in the programs list. I clicked on it thinking it would open up and allow me to change the settings. OOPs! It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to bring onedrive back after uninstalled