Windows 10: How do I reinstall the Fax?Scan virtual printer in Win 10

Discus and support How do I reinstall the Fax?Scan virtual printer in Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I deleted some time ago the above as I have never ever used it, but now I have a need. How do I recover it? I have full win 10 installation not an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jackhandle, Jul 23, 2016.

1. How do I reinstall the Fax?Scan virtual printer in Win 10

I deleted some time ago the above as I have never ever used it, but now I have a need. How do I recover it? I have full win 10 installation not an upgrade.
    Thanks
    David

:)

Jackhandle, Jul 23, 2016
  2. Oldpcdawg Win User

Win 10 USB Print Port Driver. Windows 10 is reporting USB port driver not found!

Rakesh, thank you for the reply, but I think you missed the point of my question.

My question is how do I make windows 10 install the USB virtual printer port? or perhaps you can tell me where the USB virtual printer port files are supposed to be located on a proper working system
    using USB virtual printer port.

In other words where does Win 10 look for those files to be able to create the virtual USB001 printer port.

I know how to install print drivers on Win 10 and I have done so several times including in compatibility mode. When I do that, and designate USB virtual port as the destination in the setup
    dialog (instead of LPT1) and get to the page that says "print a test page" the driver tries to send the page, (to the port I designated as USB001 Virtual Port.), however the transmission to the printer is stuck in the print queue and there is no USB pipeline
    that has been created as shown on START/SETTINGS/PRINTERS AND SCANNERS I see a printer icon which is labeled "USB Printing Support Driver is
    unavailable".

It seems to me that Windows 10 is supposed to install the USB printer support driver, but is not doing so.

Oldpcdawg, Jul 23, 2016
  3. Connecting more than one USB printer in Win 10

Recently got a new computer with Win 10 installed. Have been trying to connect three printers. It appears that I need to create another virtual USB port. How do you do this?

Frank C999, Jul 23, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

How do I reinstall the Fax?Scan virtual printer in Win 10

Where did you delete it from?

Do you still have WFS.exe in C:\Windows\system32?

If you do you can just create a shortcut,

How do I reinstall the Fax?Scan virtual printer in Win 10 [​IMG]

derekimo, Jul 23, 2016
  5. From the printer section in control panel. I have tried search for another printer but nothing comes up.

I have found the WFS file and put it on to the desktop.

I am trying to convert a .jpg to a .pdf which I am told can be done through the WFS program, but I can't find any way of doing it. I can't afford the full Adobe Acrobat software as I need to only do maybe ten conversions a year.

Any help or advice you can give would be much appreciated

D

Jackhandle, Jul 23, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    If you have a jpeg on your system, you can open it with the Photos app, then select the three dots in the top-right corner, select Print, and choose the Microsoft Print to PDF printer function. That will create a PDF file of your photo.

simrick, Jul 23, 2016
  7. I have done all that and it seems to work OK until I try to open it with Adobe Acrobat when I end up with just an error message saying basically it is not a supported type or the file is corrupted.

This whole system is driving me nuts. DOS I could understand but windows and all these fancy bits of software that don't seen to conform to supposedly industry standards will put me in an early grave - not much longer 70 next Saturday. So I guess I will have to buy yet another piece of software to do what should be a relatively simple conversion.

D

Jackhandle, Jul 23, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

EDIT: Happy Early Birthday!

No, don't buy anything - there are free versions you can use.
    Free PDF conversion software:

CutePDF :: Product :: CutePDF Writer

PDF Converter - Convert to PDF Online Free

pdfforge | PDFCreator - Download for free, download pdf printer, pdf writer, pdf maker

Free PDF Converter - Print to PDF with doPDF

EDIT: Happy Early Birthday! *Party

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I reinstall the Fax?Scan virtual printer in Win 10 - Similar Threads - reinstall Fax Scan

2. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan, Cannot print faxes to printer: I have been facing this problem for about a week now. Faxes are working just fine. I can send and receive faxes without problem. I can save those faxes and then print them if needed. But the problem is that I cannot print them directly from the application as I were able to...
  4. win 10 Fax & scan only faxing partial page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 Fax & scan only faxing partial page: I don't know what topic this should be under. Have been using fax & scan for a year on my win 10 with no problems. Now when I forward a fax, it is missing the center 1/3 of the page. The scan has the whole page there. What can I do to fix this? Seems to only happen to a fax,...
  5. How do I reinstall the Windows Fax and Scan driver in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reinstall the Windows Fax and Scan driver in Windows 10?: I accidentally deleted it from the list of Printers & Scanners. I can still access the program by searching for it, but it no longer appears as an option under Printers & Scanners. The Microsoft support articles I've read suggesting accessing Windows Features -> Print and...
  6. Windows Fax & Scan mistakenly uninstalled - how to reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax & Scan mistakenly uninstalled - how to reinstall: I uninstalled the Windows Fax & Scan app program from my Windows 10 computer. How do I reinstall it? Thank you, Jeri https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-scan-mistakenly-uninstalled-how-to/ad9f7216-3b65-4b3f-8991-4a6958f89d12
  7. printer/fax set up for win 10

printer/fax set up for win 10: How can I set my printer/fax up to my computer? I do not have an external modem. Can I set it up to my cellular phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerfax-set-up-for-win-10/a966112e-08a8-4317-aa05-7989c66456e9
  8. Win 10 Fax/Scan Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Fax/Scan Setup: Win 10 Fax setup is needed. Using a Dell which came w/Win 10 and s/w is installed however never used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-faxscan-setup/f84c141e-3cee-4e2f-880b-76a9ccfbbeba
  9. Windows FAx and Scan not finding printer to scan document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows FAx and Scan not finding printer to scan document: Windows FAx and Scan - was working fine, but now doesn't show the same printer/scanner. There was another printer but it is no longer connected, This is the printer that the Fax and Scan program is looking for. It worked earlier today and now doesn't. I can still print to it...
  10. How do I update Windows 10 Fax and Scan to scan PDF documents?

How do I update Windows 10 Fax and Scan to scan PDF documents?: I am trying to scan and save a file in PDF format using Windows 10 Fax and Scan, but there are only Bmp, JPG, PNG, Tiff file saves. Please provide an update so it will save in PDF mode. Thank you....