Windows 10: How do i reinstall Windows 10?

Discus and support How do i reinstall Windows 10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; How do i wipe the drive or install a fresh copy of Windows 10 again, i will be selling the pc in 2 days and i need an answer asap since i have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by xshabz, Mar 15, 2017.

1. xshabz Win User

How do i reinstall Windows 10?

How do i wipe the drive or install a fresh copy of Windows 10 again, i will be selling the pc in 2 days and i need an answer asap since i have tried everything.
    Media Creation Tool wont even turn on, i get a message saying.

"there was a problem starting setup close the tool restart your pc and then try running the tool again"

Ive tried the refresh windows 10 tool as well, i get the same message.
    I went to settings, update and security and then under recovery i press "REST THIS PC" "get started"
    but nothing loads.

I need to remove all my data on this hard drive soon because i dont want to sell this pc to someone with all my private files and stuff xD

:)

xshabz, Mar 15, 2017

2. How do I reinstall MSVCR100.dll

• Cannot get a particular version of the Visual C++ Redistributable installed
    mfc110u.dll and MSVCR110.dll

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

msvcp 100.dll

This issue might if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

2012 version:

You could try downloading the re-distributable package from Microsoft here:

X64

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center,
    and install it.

X86

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4I

2008 version:

x86:

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center

x64:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15336

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

MSVCR110.dll is the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
    dll that is needed for projects built with Visual Studio 2011.

This error appears when you are trying to run a software which require Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012. The redistributable can easily be downloaded on the Microsoft website as x86 or x64 edition depending on the software
    you wish to install either 32 bit or 64 bit version.

Refer to the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679#

If the issue persistre-register the .dll files
    by following the steps below and check if you are facing similar issue.

Dynamic link library (DLL) is a collection of small programs, which can be called upon when needed by the executable program (EXE) that is running. When one of the DLL file is
    corrupted, then executable program will fail to perform properly. So we need to re-register the DLL files.

a. Press
    Windows key + X and select Command Prompt(Admin).

b. At the command prompt, type the commands mentioned below and press
    Enter after each command-

regsvr32 ntdll.dll /s

regsvr32 msdxm.ocx /s

regsvr32 dxmasf.dll /s

regsvr32 wmp.dll /s

regsvr32 wmpdxm.dll /s

c. After registering DLL files restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answer to the above question and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 15, 2017
  3. how do i do a clean reinstall of win10

how do i do a clean reinstall of win10 ?

JimAllen[], Mar 15, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

AddRAM, Mar 15, 2017
  5. xshabz Win User
    And then i use something like Rufus?

xshabz, Mar 15, 2017
  6. xshabz Win User
    Oh sorry i only saw a portion of your message ahaha

xshabz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i reinstall Windows 10? - Similar Threads - reinstall

2. How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?: How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall? I never had the option to connect to Facebook either. I wasnt able to join a clan that I was invited to becuz I always got the "Oh No Something Went Wrong" message then it would kick me from the...
  3. How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?: How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall? I never had the option to connect to Facebook either. I wasnt able to join a clan that I was invited to becuz I always got the "Oh No Something Went Wrong" message then it would kick me from the...
  4. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  5. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  6. Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system: Error 0xC004C003The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-win-11-pro-after-reinstall-the/2bfea9d2-94a1-4f48-b37e-18be1890cd94
  7. Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system

Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system: Error 0xC004C003The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-win-11-pro-after-reinstall-the/2bfea9d2-94a1-4f48-b37e-18be1890cd94
  8. Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied: Hi,I have tried to re-install Windows 10 using a USB following the above error code. I have used prompts and the advice: On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair. Follow the onscreen instructions and if you can boot the computer...
  9. Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied

Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied: Hi,I have tried to re-install Windows 10 using a USB following the above error code. I have used prompts and the advice: On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair. Follow the onscreen instructions and if you can boot the computer...
  10. Reinstalling Windows after error code 0xc000000d: Install states access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade