Windows 10: How Do I Remove A Program From The Startup Menu

Discus and support How Do I Remove A Program From The Startup Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everybody, Today I have a very simple little issue that I just know somebody will be able to solve in a snap. A couple of weeks ago I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rocky, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Rocky Win User

How Do I Remove A Program From The Startup Menu

Hello Everybody,
    Today I have a very simple little issue that I just know somebody will be able to solve in a snap. A couple of weeks ago I did something very stupid, I downloaded and installed some software from the internet without really paying attention to what I was doing. Along with this software came a couple of other wanted applications including an anti-virus application and a web browser called Chrome. After I noticed what I did I immediately removed both of the unwanted apps from my computer, but I am left with some residue.

In my startup menu under task manager Chrome is listed. Chrome was only on my computer for a couple of minutes before I went into my control panel and removed it from the list of installed programs and features, but it is still listed on the startup list in task manager. I have it disabled and it does not really bug me, but I would like to completely remove it from the startup list anyway. How do I do this?

Thanks in advance,

:)

Rocky, Jun 26, 2016
  2. L. Mincy Win User

Remove program and startup text from menu

How do you remove the text from the startup and program menu so that only the icons show. I'm using a samsung i760 w/wm6

L. Mincy, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Remove program and startup text from menu

unfortunatly this is not possible

Johan

Johan van Mierlo, Jun 26, 2016
  4. How Do I Remove A Program From The Startup Menu

Hi have you got Ccleaner installed if you have then use the uninstaller from that.
    Or run a Disk Cleaner
    I myself use Revo Uninstaller you can try it on a trial bases.
    Also go to File Explorer
    Then C Drive
    Scroll to Programs
    Also Programs X86
    Remove it from there if you see a folder listed with that name.
    May come up as Google
    Click on that and see if Chrome is listed there if it is Right Click and you should be able to delete it
    I have found on several computers that I have helped friends with that Chrome does not like to be removed.
    Hope that helps

hTconeM9user, Jun 26, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Jun 26, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User
    Thanks guys. I think I will try Revo uninstaller first before I try anything else.

Rocky, Jun 26, 2016
  7. It was recommended to me by a member on here and used it and never looked back
    Also well worth the few bucks it cost it get the pro version

hTconeM9user, Jun 26, 2016
  8. jeffrys Win User

hey

i still use Advnced Uninstaller Pro, for months now, still for fre and it is very very good.

Jeff

jeffrys, Jun 26, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Do it using CCleaner.

It it is in start menu, remove it.

How Do I Remove A Program From The Startup Menu [​IMG]

If it is in Startup (then it is a registry entry), delete it.

How Do I Remove A Program From The Startup Menu [​IMG]

I have Chrome browser installed, but not the default one. It is not too bad, by the way.

10. Rocky Win User
    Thanks ARC. That gives me something to consider.

Rocky, Jun 26, 2016
  11. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Welcome, mate. Let us know the result.

Thema:

1. How Do I Remove A Program From The Startup Menu - Similar Threads - Remove Program Startup

2. How to Remove Old Programs from the "Open With" Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Old Programs from the "Open With" Context Menu?: I have uninstalled the old application and replaced it with a new one, but the old icon still appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-old-programs-from-the-open-with/0d1ed50c-7bf2-4dbb-a3cd-7ed81fee7260
  3. How to Remove Old Programs from the "Open With" Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Old Programs from the "Open With" Context Menu?: I have uninstalled the old application and replaced it with a new one, but the old icon still appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-old-programs-from-the-open-with/0d1ed50c-7bf2-4dbb-a3cd-7ed81fee7260
  4. How do I stop a program from loading on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop a program from loading on startup: I recently signed up for Webex fot do a video talk with my doctor. Now every time I bootup in the morning, Webex appears on my toolbar. In their "settings" I click on and nothing appears. How do get it out of the auto Start up mode? I had in Regedit a favorites list the...
  5. How do I prevent programs from running at startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent programs from running at startup?: It seems some programs just want to start up no matter what. I have disabled them in Task Manager startup manager, deleted them from the startup folder ("shell:startup"), and deleted all of their task scheduler tasks, and they still start up. There are many programs like...
  6. How to remove a no longer installed program from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a no longer installed program from the start menu: I recently Uninstalled Bitdefender from my computer, It completed successfully however it left the program in my start menu without an icon, and when I open it I just get an error. Restarting does not fix it. I can only assume it sees a registry somewhere that mentions the...
  7. How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search?: Hello guys, I must create a Windows client image, where PowerShell and other programs are inaccessible for normal Users. How can i remove the PowerShell entry in the Start Menu search? Thanks for your help! [ATTACH]...
  8. Remove uninstalled programs from Menu

Remove uninstalled programs from Menu: Hi first post. I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. So then, i uninstalled ImageGlass and went on to use Window Photo Viewer. When I try to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default Photos app, not...
  9. Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove uninstalled programs from Default Programs menu: Hi first post. I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. I uninstalled ImageGlass afterwards. When I try to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default Photos app, not only is it not there but ImageGlass...
  10. How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?

How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?: I have a lot of programs installed and have my own toolbars to access them. Seeing all those programs on the Programs list of the start menu is distracting. All I really want is the folders that house subprograms. The only option offered is to uninstall but not to remove from...