Windows 10: How do I Remove Log-In Password From Win10

Discus and support How do I Remove Log-In Password From Win10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I initially set up my Win10 Pro without a password being needed to get into my account, but every now and then, when I boot up I'm asked for a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ALN, May 1, 2017.

1. ALN
    ALN Win User

How do I Remove Log-In Password From Win10

I initially set up my Win10 Pro without a password being needed to get into my account, but every now and then, when I boot up I'm asked for a password. I believe it happens after a MS auto update, but cannot be 100% sure. I go to Netplwiz and uncheck Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. After this, I can boot up and can get in without a password, but whenever I wake it up from sleep, I still need to give it a password. So two questions:

• Am I always going to have to do the Netplwiz routine whenever MS decides to check the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer box with an update, or is there a way to permanently uncheck it?
    • How do I remove the password requirement upon wake-up?
    Thanks for your help!

:)

2. John Sarc Win User

How do I remove the log in PIN and password for Windows 10

Hi,

PIN can only be set up if you're using your Microsoft account in logging in to the computer. To make things easier for you in removing this PIN, we suggest that you switch to local account. To do so, see this link:
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know what happens after following the resolution provided.

John Sarc, May 1, 2017
  3. How do I remove the log in PIN and password for Windows 10

I have purchased HP notebook last week and set up log in PIN and password, as requested by Win 10. Since doing this, the PC will only let me log in if I am at home and it can connect to my home broadband. If I am anywhere else it will tell me I am offline
    and demand the last password I used, which it never accepts. How do I get rid of this POS addition?

BrianO'Donovan, May 1, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 1, 2017
  5. ALN
    ALN Win User
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I Remove Log-In Password From Win10 - Similar Threads - Remove Log Password

2. How do I remove saved passwords from windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove saved passwords from windows?: Some how I managed to put my banking passwords on to an autofil type app. I want to remove them. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-saved-passwords-from-windows/a2a8b63d-510e-43db-829c-3fda214bfddb
  3. How do I remove saved passwords from windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove saved passwords from windows?: Some how I managed to put my banking passwords on to an autofil type app. I want to remove them. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-saved-passwords-from-windows/a2a8b63d-510e-43db-829c-3fda214bfddb
  4. How do I remove saved passwords from windows?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to remove log in password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove log in password: We're two people using my computer, me and my roommate, and my roommate wants to remove the password off her account when she logs in, because typing the password in every single time she uses the PC is bothersome. We tried to remove the password both from her account...
  6. How to remove log in password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove log in password: We're two people using my computer, me and my roommate, and my roommate wants to remove the password off her account when she logs in, because typing the password in every single time she uses the PC is bothersome. We tried to remove the password both from her account...
  7. How to remove log in password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login?: so i have a desktop with windows 10 and was able to bypass(or auto log in?) password easily but i dont remember how i did it. same with my win10 laptop. now in this other laptop i recently installed windows and cannot figure out how to bypass password. in settings i dont have...
  9. Password log in not needed how do i remove

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password log in not needed how do i remove: I want to remove all forms of log in passwords/pins from my home PC. Its my home PC and such security is overkill to say the least. I have changed the "require password on log in" box to never, and I have unticked the relevant box in netplwiz. What else should I be doing?...
  10. How do I delete the log in password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I delete the log in password.: How do I delete the log in password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-the-log-in-password/686e3842-5aa8-4675-8f8c-b3c82392fee3