Windows 10: How Do I Remove OneDrive Folder From Win10 "Move Items" Box

Discus and support How Do I Remove OneDrive Folder From Win10 "Move Items" Box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is my first post and I apologize if this has been answered before but I cannot find it anywhere on the web whatsoever. Everything points to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CT71, Sep 30, 2017.

1. CT71 Win User

How Do I Remove OneDrive Folder From Win10 "Move Items" Box

This is my first post and I apologize if this has been answered before but I cannot find it anywhere on the web whatsoever. Everything points to removing from the Navigation Pane but that's not what I need. I uninstalled OneDrive through Microsoft's correct way of doing so but I can't get rid of the OneDrive "folder" in the two areas you can see in the screenshot. Thanks, I hope someone can help.

How Do I Remove OneDrive Folder From Win10 "Move Items" Box [​IMG]

:)

2. How do I move "folder" photos to an Album in Win10-Photos App?

How do I move "folder" photos to an Album in Win10-Photos App?

DougSchmidt1700, Sep 30, 2017
  3. How do I move "folder" photos to an Album in Win10-Photos App?

I understand how to add a folder to Photos App. My question is "How do you move a "folder" of photos into an existing Photo "Album" in Photos App?

DougSchmidt1700, Sep 30, 2017
  4. How Do I Remove OneDrive Folder From Win10 "Move Items" Box

indianacarnie, Sep 30, 2017
  5. CT71 Win User
    I looked through as many as those as I could before posting. Maybe I missed it, but all I can ever find through Google is how to remove the OneDrive icon from the navigation pane, but never the folders that I've shown in my post. Google is finicky as heck - if you use certain words (which often there's no way around those words) you'll just bring up a thousand pages of the same answers. I'll look through those again tomorrow, thanks.

6. cereberus Win User
    That is a 3rd party file explorer. How could we possibly help to simply remove a listing from that as it is probably hard coded into that?

cereberus, Sep 30, 2017
  7. CT71 Win User
    Microsoft Explorer:

8. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Sep 30, 2017
  9. CT71 Win User
    Yes, as I have done seemingly a thousand frustrating times too. And like I said, I'm not looking to remove the icon from the navigation pane. I have no icon in the navigation pane. I'm looking to remove the OneDrive folder in the move items box.

10. Edwin New Member
    I think you'll have to uninstall OneDrive.

Edwin, Sep 30, 2017
  11. CT71 Win User
    @Edwin: I have done that.

@cereberus: It's not bordering. It is. I'm not sure why that matters to anyone but myself. The internet is filled, and I mean FILLED to capacity with people who like their computer to look and function a certain way. When all is said and done, all I did is post a simple question to see if someone can help me out because I'm not very experienced in figuring computer stuff out. If no one knows the answer then I'll have to go from there when the time comes.

I've also found this article all over the net. Not sure it's what I want, but I don't understand what it's telling me to do anyways. There's a black box underneath the heading "important" that starts with the letters "rd". Does anyone know what it's telling you to do in that box?

12. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/unins...-in-windows-10

Josey Wales, Oct 1, 2017
  13. Edwin New Member

@CT71

Looks like the proper methods on that site.

rd "%UserProfile%\OneDrive" /Q /S would be: remove directory "directoryxxxx" /Q~uiet, no Yes/No confirmation /S~ubfolders and files and the directory folder itself.

Edwin, Oct 1, 2017
  14. CT71 Win User
    @Edwin: Thanks, I had no idea what rd stood for. I couldn't find any folders that way. If I do a search for OneDrive, I come up with endless amounts of folders which I'm just not willing - because of my inexperience in these matters - to just start deleting things. About the only thing I felt comfortable in doing was uninstalling OneDrive and I had hoped it would've deleted that folder. Hopefully one day someone sees this post and has a simple solution, but until then I guess I'm stuck with it, even though I'm still gonna google this pretty much forever, lol. Thank you for your responses.

15. chiehkai Win User
    Removing the following key should do the trick *Wink: Code: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}[/quote]

chiehkai, Oct 20, 2017
Thema:

1. How Do I Remove OneDrive Folder From Win10 "Move Items" Box - Similar Threads - Remove OneDrive Folder

2. How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?: I need to move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk. I get an error about cloudfile provider not running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-folders-and-files-from-onedrive-to-a/fc3f7653-ba18-42fb-99e4-6f399de2152d
  3. How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?: I need to move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk. I get an error about cloudfile provider not running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-folders-and-files-from-onedrive-to-a/fc3f7653-ba18-42fb-99e4-6f399de2152d
  4. How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...: I have uninstalled OneDrive from my laptop Windows 11, but the location of my pictures folder is still C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Pictures. How do I change it to C:\Users\Username\Pictures ? When I tried to restore the location to C:\Users\Username\Pictures, it refuses to do...
  5. How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...

How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...: I have uninstalled OneDrive from my laptop Windows 11, but the location of my pictures folder is still C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Pictures. How do I change it to C:\Users\Username\Pictures ? When I tried to restore the location to C:\Users\Username\Pictures, it refuses to do...
  6. How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive?: Kindly let me know how to remove Desktop and Documents folders from OneDrive. Please note that I use OneDrive - Personal in Windows 11. There are some very big files in Desktop and Documents folders, and I don't want any of the files in those folders to be saved to OneDrive....
  7. How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive?

How do I remove Desktop and Document folders from OneDrive?: Kindly let me know how to remove Desktop and Documents folders from OneDrive. Please note that I use OneDrive - Personal in Windows 11. There are some very big files in Desktop and Documents folders, and I don't want any of the files in those folders to be saved to OneDrive....
  8. How do I remove an item from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove an item from the taskbar?: I don't see it in the taskbar settings. That's what came up when I right-clicked on what I don't want. There's too much junk at the bottom of my screen and the latest update added more....
  9. How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive?: For some reason all my save game data is going to a documents folder in my Onedrive. I tried moving it to my c and d drive but it gives me a error message when I do so. I tried copying the contents of the folder and pasting them somwhere else but it did not work and caused...
  10. How do I hide or move the OneDrive folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I hide or move the OneDrive folder?: I'm on a Work PC. They do not use OneDrive or Box Sync, so my PC is linked to my personal accounts. Is it possible to somehow ask Windows not to display those items up in front? [img] I keep some work related items in these so I can sync the data with my home PC...