Windows 10: How do I remove quick access?

Discus and support How do I remove quick access? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not a fan of quick access/frequent folder/recent files. I liked the windows 8 system. Reason is because I don't want people who use my computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by district99, Jul 31, 2015.

1. How do I remove quick access?

I'm not a fan of quick access/frequent folder/recent files. I liked the windows 8 system. Reason is because I don't want people who use my computer to have quick access to files that are personal or nsfw.

I don't to use a type of security system because I use my computer often at work and at home so it would waste time. I just want to avoid those moments when people borrow my computer spontaneously and Quick Access is the first thing in the files explorer. I just want to classic file explorer system.

:)

district99, Jul 31, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

How do I remove quick start icons from the taskbar?

To help us help you please provide some information;

Device, make, Model CPU Speed, RAM, Free space on Hard drive, Graphics adapter, Network adapter

If not on current Insider Build, OS and build

Right click on the icon and unpin.

If you are using a pen hold the pen until the popup note comes up then pick uppin from taskbar.

This may also with touch but my tablet is pen operated or mouse operated.

lacrumb, Jul 31, 2015
  3. How do I remove quick start icons from the taskbar?

You have posted to the Windows 10 Insider forum where we test unreleased versions of Windows 10. You should repost to the public forum of Windows 10, however, not knowing anything about your system you could possibly right click on the icons and select to
    unpin from the taskbar.

* Moderator note: Thread has been moved

hawkeyes46, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How do I remove quick access?

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

How do I remove quick access?

1. How do I remove quick access? - Similar Threads - remove quick access

2. How to remove "Quick Access" from Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove "Quick Access" from Windows Explorer?: Any tweak to do this that actually works on Build 1809? 128016
  3. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?: Let me be clear, I'm asking about the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I am not asking about how to change the Quick Access page. I am not asking about how to remove items or add items or customize items in the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I'm asking how to remove it. I can remove all the...
  4. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...
  5. How can I remove "quick access"

How can I remove "quick access": How can I remove "quick access", or at least change the option to point to a file in the folder where I save it. Only after saving several files that were directed to "My Documents" (not on C:\ drive) did I find that I couldn't locate them. I finally found them on "quick...
  6. Solved...Removal of Quick access and DnD

Solved...Removal of Quick access and DnD: To anyone having this problem, I'm not sure when it started, but all of a sudden I discovered that I did not have the ability to Drag and Drop a file from File Explorer's right pane to the left pane. I get the circle with line through it indicating that I can't do that. I...
  7. How Do I Remove The "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?

How Do I Remove The "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?: Refer to the image [img] Thanks! 61049
  8. added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice

added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice: Added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice in File Explorer left navigation pane. How to remove the extra? 94546
  9. Removing Quick access from the Navigation

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick access from the Navigation: How do you remove Quick access from the left side of your folders when you have the navigation enabled? I can remove all of the icons under it just fine, but I cannot remove Quick access as a whole. 9281
  10. Removing Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick Access: I seem to be having a problem permanently removing the Quick Access option from my Windows 10 Creators Update machine (I also had this issue on the Anniversary Update install before upgrading). I get the following icon randomly appearing on my desktop: [img] and in...