Windows 10: How Do I Remove Start-Up Password

Discus and support How Do I Remove Start-Up Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I created a password that I must enter each time I start the computer. Since this is a Home Computer and only I use it, it's a waste of time. How... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by w1ksz, Nov 27, 2015.

1. w1ksz Win User

How Do I Remove Start-Up Password

I created a password that I must enter each time I start the computer.
    Since this is a Home Computer and only I use it, it's a waste of time.

How can I remove the requirement for a password every time I turn on the computer ?

I tried the "netplwiz" route and unchecked the box, did not work.

Anything else I can try ??

Thanks,

Richard S.

:)

w1ksz, Nov 27, 2015

2. how do I remove the Password upon start up

Signing in to Windows using a Microsoft account requires a password which also reflects to,
    no matter what PC you sign in to or what apps, settings, and services you use while you're signed in. If you don't want to enter your password every time you sign in, you can create other sign-in options to use with your account, like a picture
    password or a PIN. If your PC has a fingerprint scanner, you can also sign in with a fingerprint. Having said that, whichever sign-in option you choose, you still need a "regular"
    password in place to use a Microsoft account. If you want to change your sign-in options, here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Type Change sign-in options and hit Enter.
    • Choose the sign-in option you'd like to use, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know if you need further support.

Darian Tab, Nov 27, 2015
  3. how do I remove the Password upon start up

Hi Rodney,

As you may already know, your password helps keep your account secure, no matter what PC you sign in to or what apps, settings, and services you use while you're signed in.
    There are a few steps in order for to remove the password upon start up. In order for us to provide you an exact instruction, may we verify if you are using a local account or a Microsoft account?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Nov 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 27, 2015
  5. w1ksz Win User
    As I said, I tried the "netplwiz" method and it did not work.
    The other link is for sign on after "wakeup", that is not the issue,

And last, I WILL NOT dork with the Registry, I learned my lesson years ago.

Any other ideas ??

Richard S.

w1ksz, Nov 27, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you double check the notes in OPTION ONE to make sure you didn't make a mistake selecting the wrong listed account?

This is why I posted that despite you saying you already tried to netplwiz. It's easy to make a mistake.

Brink, Nov 27, 2015
  7. w1ksz Win User
    Not too hard to do, there's only ONE account !!

w1ksz, Nov 27, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

Did you type the password correctly? I've done it a few times.

Winuser, Nov 29, 2015
  9. w1ksz Win User
    Problem solved, thanks for all the replies.

rs

w1ksz, Nov 29, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. What turned out to be the cause?

Brink, Nov 29, 2015
  11. w1ksz Win User
    No idea ... just ran through the process again and it worked.

More computer black magic !!

rs

w1ksz, Nov 29, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It may have been a typo made in the password the first time through as Winuser posted above, and going through it again corrected it.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do I Remove Start-Up Password - Similar Threads - Remove Start Password

2. How do I remove any password on start up and on wake up?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove any password on start up and on wake up?: My head is going to explode I can't do this anymore, how do I do that? I know there are already a lot of questions on this subject but nothing worked for me: I wanted to remove the password on wake up so I tried theses things:- Adding a local account which did not work...
  3. How do I remove any password on start up and on wake up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove any password on start up and on wake up?: My head is going to explode I can't do this anymore, how do I do that? I know there are already a lot of questions on this subject but nothing worked for me: I wanted to remove the password on wake up so I tried theses things:- Adding a local account which did not work...
  4. How do I remove any password on start up and on wake up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I remove logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I remove logon password: how do I remove the logon password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-logon-password/b7488b4c-e66b-4fbd-89bc-8250387a708d
  6. How do I remove the Hello password??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove the Hello password??: Please help. I need to remove the Hello password. I need to send my computer in for some repairs and want to temporary remove it. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-hello-password/6e5c615b-b988-49fc-ae8c-1b7d2d756c80
  7. How to remove password when starting up pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove password when starting up pc?: So I want when I start up my pc that I don't have to write my full password. How do I do this? A pincode is also okay submitted by /u/Danny_Despacito69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqgk9y/how_to_remove_password_when_starting_up_pc/
  8. remove hello start up passwords

remove hello start up passwords: new hp envy desktop how do I get rid of sign pin number and password. I do not need passwords for this computer. Tried to remove pin # then I need a password and it make me reasign a pin #...
  9. How do I remove the start up pin option ?

How do I remove the start up pin option ?: Cancel does not work as posted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-remove-the-start-up-pin-option/b12a2c27-9ec6-4ea1-bbf2-a42b5f2e7b76"
  10. How do I change or remove picture on start up screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change or remove picture on start up screen?: When I open my PC, a wallpaper comes up and then I have to hit ENTER to bring up the password field. When I do that, a little round picture comes up and overlays on the wallpaper. How do I remove or change it? Thank you. (iphone photo..sorry it's upside down) 96430

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off password on startup