Windows 10: How do i remove the Hero wallpaper on the login screen in Build 10162?

Discus and support How do i remove the Hero wallpaper on the login screen in Build 10162? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The new build of windows 10 now comes with the Hero wallpaper shown behind the logon screen. What I would like is for this to be removed/disabled to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LukeG, Jul 3, 2015.

1. LukeG Win User

How do i remove the Hero wallpaper on the login screen in Build 10162?

The new build of windows 10 now comes with the Hero wallpaper shown behind the logon screen. What I would like is for this to be removed/disabled to return it to the traditional blue screen only.
    Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks
    Luke

:)

LukeG, Jul 3, 2015

2. How to Change that OTHER Password Screen NOT LOCK/LOGON SCREEN in Windows 10?

In the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview build, you have the ability to remove the Windows 10 Hero Image login screen and replace it with your chosen accent color, so that feature will be coming in a future update to Windows 10, which everyone will be able
    to get through Windows Update. However, in the current version of Windows 10 (build 10240), there is no way to change or remove the Windows 10 Hero Image from the login screen.

Just sit tight; that update is estimated to become available sometime in November!

N the Otaku, Jul 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 spotlight lock screen wallpaper is not present in sign in screen. Plz. Let me know the remedy

* Merged. Images removed.

My pc is windows 10 pro 64 bit. Creator update is installed. I have applied the method to set windows lock screen as windows spotlight. But nothing change. I have already updated my windows to its latest Build. when I lock screen manually by WIN+L it
    locks and shows spotlight picture in lock screen. but at initial startup when pc starts pre login and sign in screen shows no spotlight wallpaper, it shows only desktop wallpaper. plz do needful. A screen shot picture of Windows 10 version and build is currently
    installed on my computer attachedand personalization settings attached.

ramkrishnachowdhury, Jul 3, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Settings => Personalization => Lock Screen

BunnyJ, Jul 3, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    The OP is referring to the image on the Logon screen.

How do i remove the Hero wallpaper on the login screen in Build 10162? [​IMG]

@ LukeG :

Haven't found a way to do that yet! *Wink
    Actually, I doubt it's possible.

Edwin, Jul 3, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Actually, it's quite astonishing that you ask that, because ever since Oct 26, 2012, (Windows 8 release), everyone has been wanting to put images there and get rid of the bland color! *Wink

I'd like to be able to change the images.

... then again, you're only there for a second or two so, not a biggie! *Smile

Edwin, Jul 3, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    High Contrast theme won't show the image, it shows your accent color.
    That's all the answers I have for ya! (so far)

Edwin, Jul 3, 2015
  8. EMINENT Win User

I use picture password as it's much easier than typing especially on a touch device like my Surface. You can choose your picture of choice that way and bypass having to see that login view which I don't see at all.

When hardware for iris scanning with Windows Hello is available to add onto my pc, phone and tablet, this will be a thing of the past anyways.

EMINENT, Jul 5, 2015
  9. axxl92 Win User
    Did anyone figure out how to disable the background image?

axxl92, Jul 11, 2015
  10. I'm trying my hardest to find a answer also, its a awful wallpaper.

punkmonkey1984, Jul 12, 2015
  11. I'm also interested in this. It just looks ugly, and why would i want two different backgrounds on the lockscreen?

sdimitrije, Jul 15, 2015
  12. It looks like it is being stored in the the following registry key:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4259667555-3261018257-2761553630-1001\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Wallpapers

Under the String: BackgroundHistoryPath2

You can either modify the registry key to point to a new image or try and modify the name of the file in the directory:

C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

File Name: img0.jpg

However, it appears that Microsoft really doesn't want you touch this file:

myriadguardian, Jul 16, 2015
  13. How do i remove the Hero wallpaper on the login screen in Build 10162?

This approach doesn't work. Changed ownership, registry key appointment and replaced the original image.
    Without success of changing the background.
    Anyone with another suggestion?
    It terrifies me as well to have 3 different backgrounds.

LaureKamalandua, Jul 16, 2015
  14. nexus Win User
  15. nexus Win User
    nexus, Jul 19, 2015
Thema:

1. How do i remove the Hero wallpaper on the login screen in Build 10162? - Similar Threads - remove Hero wallpaper

2. how do I have both screens show wallpapers in login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I have both screens show wallpapers in login screen?: so when I'm putting in my password my side monitor stays off and I wanted to know if I could have both on because I want to see the wallpaper on the 2nd displaythanks!...
  3. how do I have both screens show wallpapers in login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I have both screens show wallpapers in login screen?: so when I'm putting in my password my side monitor stays off and I wanted to know if I could have both on because I want to see the wallpaper on the 2nd displaythanks!...
  4. Win10 hero wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 hero wallpaper: Does anyone have a high res version of the "hero" wallpaper :/ its like the dark version of the default one. Everywhere i looked they claim they have the 4k version but when i download it its like 0.7mb and looks like shit. Thanks submitted by /u/nXEJSAUrpDudrOkzlYiN...
  5. How do I remove Windows 10 login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove Windows 10 login screen?: Hello, recently I linked my Microsoft account with Windows 10 which resulted in a login screen popping up each time I booted/rebooted my computer. I've been wondering on how to remove this. Now, my biggest issue isn't the login screen only, but also this: [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Build 10162 and Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Build 10162 and Dark Theme: I added the 32bit DWORD, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize SystemUsesLightTheme, set to 0 and rebooted without success. Any ideas what I missed or is this feature no longer works? Thanks 7757
  7. Build 10162 will not update to 10166

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10162 will not update to 10166: I had the same problem with build 10130 not updating to 10162. I had to upgrade with the preview iso. Running it in Oracle VM VirtualBox What is going on? 8035
  8. How do I disable core parking in windows 10 build 10162

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable core parking in windows 10 build 10162: I have tried every tool possible and park control shows error changing power parameters and i am running it as administrator 8002
  9. build 10162

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    build 10162: Where can I get this build from? I am on the fast ring; and i checked wu; but the update is not there for some reason. So where can i get it from(where its a official release?) 7802
  10. No update to 10240 on build 10162

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No update to 10240 on build 10162: Hey guys, I've just installed Windows 10 build 10162 in my computer. I got the iso file from a torrenting site because Microsoft removed all the isos from the technical preview page, and I was late. I installed the iso in my pc, and then I checked for updates. No Windows...