Windows 10: How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

Discus and support How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Let me be clear, I'm asking about the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I am not asking about how to change the Quick Access page. I am not asking about how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidAFrench, Aug 16, 2018.

1. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

Let me be clear, I'm asking about the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I am not asking about how to change the Quick Access page. I am not asking about how to remove items or add items or customize items in the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I'm asking how to remove it. I can remove all the items from it and it will still show up in my File Explorer. It looks ugly and dumb and clashes with the Windows 10 aesthetic and I have never used it in my life. How can I get rid of it, please? I'm willing to edit my registry to do this etc. I'm experienced with that now (after having screwed up my installation about a month ago!)

So please, can any give me a hint?

:)

DavidAFrench, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Shawn Brink, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Aug 16, 2018
  4. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

explorer quick access bar folder removal

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow these simple steps to bring back the old This PC view in Windows 10 File Explorer:

1. Open File Explorer, click on View tab in Ribbon and then click on
    Options.

2. Now to remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access/Home view, uncheck following 2 options present under
    Privacy section:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access
    It'll immediately remove these 2 sections from Quick Access view in File Explorer.

How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer? [​IMG]

3. If you want to completely get rid of Quick Access/Home view from File Explorer, change the option "Open File Explorer to" from "Quick access" to "This PC" using drop-down list. It'll
    set the old This PC view as default in File Explorer and you'll always have disk drives page visible whenever you open File Explorer.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

1. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer? - Similar Threads - remove Quick Access

2. File Explorer - Quick Access Toolbar - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Quick Access Toolbar - Windows 11: How can I get my File Explorer quick access toolbar back in Windows 11? It appears to have been removed in the update from Windows 10. This makes navigating file explorer pretty cumbersome with a keyboard, especially since there is no way to autofit the column widths via...
  3. File Explorer - Quick Access Toolbar - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Quick Access Toolbar - Windows 11: How can I get my File Explorer quick access toolbar back in Windows 11? It appears to have been removed in the update from Windows 10. This makes navigating file explorer pretty cumbersome with a keyboard, especially since there is no way to autofit the column widths via...
  4. How to remove quick access from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove quick access from File Explorer: How do I remove it from File Explorer, I don't really need it since I like to manually navigate files submitted by /u/Got70TypesOfMalware [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpy786/how_to_remove_quick_access_from_file_explorer/
  5. How Do I Remove Explorer's "Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Remove Explorer's "Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?: Hello, this question is a question concerning the customization of File Explorer by either disabling the feature within the Operating System, or by a 3rd party application. So when you open File Explorer, you have the window open to show your drives. At the top left section...
  6. Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing: [ATTACH] Please help me, my quick access toolbar in file explorer is gone.. my view options are still on quick access and i just can seem to find any fix for it.. im thinking of reinstalling windows but i want that to do that as the last option.....
  7. How to remove "Quick Access" from Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove "Quick Access" from Windows Explorer?: Any tweak to do this that actually works on Build 1809? 128016
  8. How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer: How do I change/reorder File Explorer's Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) items? I put a bunch of ribbon commands on the File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar but I'm not happy with the order in which they appear... I added them as I came across them and now I would like to resort them...
  9. How Do I Remove The "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Remove The "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?: Refer to the image [img] Thanks! 61049
  10. Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in explorer how to remove a folder from the toolbar

2. how do i remove file explorer from from toolbar