Windows 10: How do I remove the shortcut arrows

Discus and support How do I remove the shortcut arrows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Win 10 single language home version. How do I remove the little shortcut arrows from the desktop icons? Tried the regedit tutorial creating new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jacatone, Jan 4, 2016.

1. jacatone Win User

How do I remove the shortcut arrows

Using Win 10 single language home version. How do I remove the little shortcut arrows from the desktop icons? Tried the regedit tutorial creating new shell with file 29, but it just created little black boxes where the shortcut arrows were so I had to remove it.

:)

jacatone, Jan 4, 2016
  2. TuckerRay Win User

Unable to pin icons to Taskbar after making registry changes

A while ago I removed the shortcut arrows on the icons with the Registry Editor and I can't pin icons to my task-bar because of it.

How can I restore the arrows?

Original Title: Shortcut Arrows

TuckerRay, Jan 4, 2016
  3. MichelB62 Win User
    Shortcut icons are shown as black squares

Thanks to the update of Windows 10 my system needs to be recalibrated. One of the things I never understood where the small arrows under shortcuts on your desktop (and other places). I remove them by default. And by default this setting is lost when you
    get a major update. A quick search on the internet gave me
    How To Remove Shortcut Arrows In Windows 10 Without Software.
    Today I found the arrows under the shortcuts where gone, and replaced by little black boxes. How do I get rid of these black boxes?

How do I remove the shortcut arrows [​IMG]

MichelB62, Jan 4, 2016
  4. How do I remove the shortcut arrows

FrillyBits, Jan 4, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello jacatone, *Smile

If you like, you can use the downloadable transparent.ico file in the yellow tip boxes in the tutorial posted above to not have a black box.

Brink, Jan 4, 2016
  6. NAL
    NAL Win User
Thema:

How do I remove the shortcut arrows

1. How do I remove the shortcut arrows - Similar Threads - remove shortcut arrows

2. Shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrows: How to remove shortcut arrows in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-arrows/e8445720-f95a-4605-a968-5b76569c5b9b
  3. Shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrows: How to remove shortcut arrows in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-arrows/e8445720-f95a-4605-a968-5b76569c5b9b
  4. Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove shortcut arrow icon ONLY ON DESKTOP?: Is there a way to remove the shortcut arrow icon from shortcuts, but only on the desktop? So I could still see them in explorer which is useful, but it would make the desktop look a lot cleaner. submitted by /u/KingofHeck [link] [comments]...
  5. How do i remove those little arrows that indicate that something's a shortcut?

How do i remove those little arrows that indicate that something's a shortcut?: Title. submitted by /u/sweeetnightmare [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfspq7/how_do_i_remove_those_little_arrows_that_indicate/
  6. shortcut dbl-arrow icon removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    shortcut dbl-arrow icon removal: recently a large blue dbl-arrow icon is in front of my fie names. How can I remove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-dbl-arrow-icon-removal/8049002f-fb9c-411b-83d6-bde2468d087e
  7. Removing or changing shortcut arrows

Removing or changing shortcut arrows: I removed the arrow icons that you normally see on desktop shortcuts, by using the Registry Editor. I went all the way down to Explorer -> Shell Icons and made a new string in which I pasted a certain line that I got from a Youtube tutorial. It worked like a charm and for...
  8. Remove arrows from shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove arrows from shortcuts: Hello Forum, On my previous system (1709) I removed the annoying arrows from desktop shortcuts using instructions given here "How to get rid of app shortcut arrows on the Windows 10 desktop | Windows Central". Tried this on the upgraded system (1803), all desktop icons became...
  9. Remove shortcut arrows

Remove shortcut arrows: How do we remove those desktop shortcut arrows? Is there a quick way w/o digging into the registry? I don't see it in the latest UWT. Thanks *Wink 113829
  10. Shortcut arrow

Shortcut arrow: How remove shortcut arrows from desktop icons in Win10 ? 8484

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get rid of shortcut arrows windows 10

2. remove shortcut arrows windows 10