Windows 10: How do I remove the Ubuntu/grub from a GUID/GPT disk?

Discus and support How do I remove the Ubuntu/grub from a GUID/GPT disk? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All of the advice I've found regarding this issue seems to be related to MBR, and it doesn't work. 97333 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gregyurkon, Nov 5, 2017.

1. How do I remove the Ubuntu/grub from a GUID/GPT disk?

All of the advice I've found regarding this issue seems to be related to MBR, and it doesn't work.

:)

gregyurkon, Nov 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 update is stuck at 30% after restart

If the other suggestions don't help, do you know if Updates have successfully installed prior to the Ubuntu dual -boot? How is it booted: using GRUB or Windows boot manager via EasyBCD?

Is this a UEFI install to GPT disk format or Legacy MBR install?

If an MBR install you might do better using the advanced options and load GRUB to the actual Linux partition, rather than the active partition, then use EasyBCD to add the GRUB loader to the Windows Bootloader.

EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required)

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Windows 10

This is a common issue with Linux/Windows dual boots.

The most common fix is to boot up Linux, then in the terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) run the sudo update-grub command. A more extensive guide on how to do this can be found by following the link below.

https://www.pcsteps.com/1053-change-grub-boot-o...

AmberRiley, Nov 5, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

How do I remove the Ubuntu/grub from a GUID/GPT disk?

When you boot what is the boot manager grub?

Samuria, Nov 5, 2017
  5. topgundcp Win User
    • Download: EasyUEFI. Install then run
    • Delete all entries related to UBUNTU and move Windows Boot Manager to the top.
    Reboot. If it does not work.
    Next try:
    From Admin Command, run:
    mountvol U: /s
    dir /A /S U:\

If there's a loader.efi type:
    del /F U:\path\loader.efi ====> Replace the path
    if there's a ubuntu folder, type:
    RD /S /Q "U:\EFI\ubuntu"
    mountvol U:\ /D

Reboot.

topgundcp, Nov 5, 2017
  6. Thx, @topgundcp . The command prompt commands did it.

gregyurkon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I remove the Ubuntu/grub from a GUID/GPT disk?

1. How do I remove the Ubuntu/grub from a GUID/GPT disk? - Similar Threads - remove Ubuntu grub

2. How can i remove ubuntu & grub loader from my pc without getting grub error ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove ubuntu & grub loader from my pc without getting grub error ??: I dual booted ubuntu with my windows 11 few time ago but now I want to remove grub and ubuntu from my laptop without getting grub error . Can anyone guide me how can i do it?...
  3. How can i remove ubuntu & grub loader from my pc without getting grub error ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i remove ubuntu & grub loader from my pc without getting grub error ??: I dual booted ubuntu with my windows 11 few time ago but now I want to remove grub and ubuntu from my laptop without getting grub error . Can anyone guide me how can i do it?...
  4. How can I Remove Grub on Startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I Remove Grub on Startup?: I dual booted ubuntu with my windows 11 pc but I don't want my pc to display the grub screen everytime I turn it on and ask for my os choice as I want it to boot directly to windows but when required i can go to boot options by pressing F9 on system startup and run ubuntu. Is...
  5. How can I Remove Grub on Startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I Remove Grub on Startup?: I dual booted ubuntu with my windows 11 pc but I don't want my pc to display the grub screen everytime I turn it on and ask for my os choice as I want it to boot directly to windows but when required i can go to boot options by pressing F9 on system startup and run ubuntu. Is...
  6. How to Remove Grub Bootloader

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Remove Grub Bootloader: I can't figure out how to remove Grub from my Windows installation. I at one time had a dual boot with Ubuntu but have since completely removed BOTH OS's and started over. I just updated Windows, and to my surprise the first boot screen I encountered was Grub. I tried...
  7. How to change disk guid

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change disk guid: I want to change the guid of the disk that is running my windows 10 OS. The reason for this is i want to change the 'machine id' of my system. This unique machine id i think is determined from the guid of the disk. I followed this guide (How to Change the Disk Signature of...
  8. Removing GRUB from a Windows and Ubuntu Dual-boot Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing GRUB from a Windows and Ubuntu Dual-boot Setup: Hi! I am removing my Ubuntu from a dual-boot laptop PC and I am following this guide to do it: https://itsfoss.com/uninstall-ubuntu-linux-windows-dual-boot/ However, I am skeptical of the sixth step, saying: Step 6: In the command line, type the following command to...
  9. How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?): So hey -- I've done all the hard work but the last step has perplexed me. I've installed Ubuntu Budgie on a separate partition of my disk so that I can dual boot Win10 or Budgie. (I'm doing this because I have a mini PC from Beelink and I'm attempting to see if Budgie is a...
  10. How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?): So hey -- I've done all the hard work but the last step has perplexed me. I've installed Ubuntu Budgie on a separate partition of my disk so that I can dual boot Win10 or Budgie. (I'm doing this because I have a mini PC from Beelink and I'm attempting to see if Budgie is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove grub from windows 10 uefi gpt

2. remove grub from windows 10 uefi

3. how do i get from my gnu to my uefi in ubuntu

4. get rid of grub on a gbt disk,
  5. uninstall mint grub from windows 10 uefi gpt,
  6. delete ubuntu grub efi