Windows 10: How do I remove this white border?

Discus and support How do I remove this white border? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After installing the Windows 10 anniversary update, I have noticed that there is now a selection box or white border around some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WillHH, Aug 1, 2016.

1. WillHH Win User

How do I remove this white border?

After installing the Windows 10 anniversary update, I have noticed that there is now a selection box or white border around some of the ShellExperienceHost applications (the time/date, wi-fi and volume.), is there anyway to get rid of it?

I have attached some screenshots which should highlight the border that I'm referring to.

:)

WillHH, Aug 1, 2016

2. How do I remove the 4 white squares?

I don´t use whatsapp, but perhaps there are temporary files in the system?

1. Just shut down the phone and take out the battery for a couple of minutes

2. Some files are left in a folder of Whatsapp. Find them...

3. Install it again and turn off the phone, restart and uninstall it again.

Or just there is just to empty the cache of the web browser...

... I am just brainstorming here...:smileysurprised:

Ztuka---01, Aug 1, 2016
  3. How do I remove the 4 white squares?

I'm guessing you mean the 4 righter most shortcut icons of the active homescreen applications ?, Seeing as the whatsapp applications have been uninstalled/removed the shortcut icons point to nowhere, And thus turn white.

Go to "Menu/Tools/Settings/General/Personalisation/Home screen/Mode settings/Home screen applications/Application shorcuts... And change Shortcut 3,Shortcut 4,Shortcut 5 and Shortcut 6 in that list to anything you want by selecting each one in turn and choosing
    a replacement app from the list that appears. How do I remove this white border? :)

WhiteVanMan---01, Aug 1, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

It looks to be part of the update. Can't confirm that until others start reporting issues.

Where/when did you get your update from?

Plankton, Aug 1, 2016
  5. RWOne Win User
    Have you rebooted since updating? Please try that.

RWOne, Aug 1, 2016
  6. WillHH Win User
    @Plankton, I received the update via Windows Update on 31st July, as part of a Windows Insider update.
    @RWOne, Yep, I've rebooted a few times since the update.

WillHH, Aug 1, 2016
  7. Plankton Win User
    As part of the insider group.....then who knows what you get (extra's) versus the actual anniversary update. There may be some stuff in there that's not in the actual update. Again, we'll have to wait to see what others start reporting once they get there update.

From what I've been reading....MS is rolling out the update. I've not gotten mine yet.

Plankton, Aug 1, 2016
  8. How do I remove this white border?

Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard > Enable shortcut underlines and set to Off.

This annoys me, because I like shortcut underlines, but I can't stand the ugly white rectangles. Ah well...hopefully it gets fixed in another update!

amagasakii, Aug 2, 2016
  9. WillHH Win User
    Thank you, @amagasakii, changing the setting fixes it.

I quite enjoy the shortcut underlines too, so hopefully it does get fixed.

WillHH, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I remove this white border? - Similar Threads - remove white border

2. What is this white border?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this white border?: I came across this issue when I tried connecting to a Bluetooth device using the quick actions menu. I attached a gif to show what I'm dealing with. For example, when I click on 'connect', it wouldn't open the list of devices. Instead, it would highlight the 'bluetooth' quick...
  3. What is this white border?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this white border?: I came across this issue when I tried connecting to a Bluetooth device using the quick actions menu. I attached a gif to show what I'm dealing with. For example, when I click on 'connect', it wouldn't open the list of devices. Instead, it would highlight the 'bluetooth' quick...
  4. How to remove this white border

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove this white border: Hi, I have problem with this white border. whenever I want to left click something in settings this white border is moving. Another problem is I can only type one letter in search box and can't backspace. As for now I encountered this problem in native apps....
  5. How to remove this white border

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove this white border: Hi, I have problem with this white border. whenever I want to left click something in settings this white border is moving. Another problem is I can only type one letter in search box and can't backspace. As for now I encountered this problem in native apps....
  6. How to remove this white border

7. How Do I Remove Windows Photo Viewer Borders?

How Do I Remove Windows Photo Viewer Borders?: Two days ago my photo viewer suddenly had these horribly thick borders that cut a solid 25% of the picture at the top and bottom. It is absolutely horrid and makes the app pointless to use for edits compared to other online applications. Is there a way to remove this or was...
  8. How do I remove these white borders on Start Menu tiles after update 20H2 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove these white borders on Start Menu tiles after update 20H2 ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/asim_riz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgbqnz/how_do_i_remove_these_white_borders_on_start_menu/
  9. Photos Border- How do I remove?

Photos Border- How do I remove?: You all probably know what I'm talking about, but in Windows 10, I guess since about 2018, the photos app has a giant border so that you can't get your photos to fill the screen. I'm an illustrator, and often use references for my work, having a sleek workspace is extremely...
  10. how do i remove these border?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i remove these border?: [ATTACH]my little brother did something and now these border are showing how do i remove these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-border/f2b19d28-579e-4960-bdac-1daf0c354d0d"