Windows 10: How Do I Rename a File tat Requires Special Permission?

Discus and support How Do I Rename a File tat Requires Special Permission? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cant rename MAPI32.DLL. When I try to I get a message saying: "you require permission from trustedinstaller to make changes to this file." How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, May 4, 2017.

1. yahanna Win User

How Do I Rename a File tat Requires Special Permission?

I cant rename MAPI32.DLL. When I try to I get a message saying:

"you require permission from trustedinstaller to make changes to this file."

How do I get permission?

:)

yahanna, May 4, 2017
  2. span-unit Win User

how do I rename a file in windows 10 without it automatically moving somewhere else?

Ok. Now we're both puzzled

My next question is.. How do you go about renaming your files? Does it involve typing the new name into a field at the bottom of your screen? OR.. do you right-click the icon (or filename) and select Rename?

span-unit, May 4, 2017
  3. span-unit Win User
    how do I rename a file in windows 10 without it automatically moving somewhere else?

Hmm.. renaming a file changes it's position in the alpha-numeric order in whatever
    View/Group By you have it set to. So renaming 'Laker' to 'Baker' moves it. How far away from it's original position is of course dependant on how many files are in your folder.

Is this the 'moving somewhere else' you're talking about? OR does it disappear from it's folder and wind up in some other folder? (now that would be weird, but not surprising with Win 10 these days )

span-unit, May 4, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Thema:

1. How Do I Rename a File tat Requires Special Permission? - Similar Threads - Rename File tat

2. how do i grant my user special permissions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i grant my user special permissions?: the checkbox to enable special permissions is greyed out across all users on my computer. this is especially annoying as i'm trying to change where msfs 2020 is installed as my c drive only has 97gb free while my ext hard drive has >580gb of space but i cannot change where...
  3. how do i grant my user special permissions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i grant my user special permissions?: the checkbox to enable special permissions is greyed out across all users on my computer. this is especially annoying as i'm trying to change where msfs 2020 is installed as my c drive only has 97gb free while my ext hard drive has >580gb of space but i cannot change where...
  4. what are special permissions in properties?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what are special permissions in properties?: What are special properties in permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-special-permissions-in-properties/480a42e2-c445-4ff9-9777-b2104b6a0117
  5. How to restore “special permissions” for Authenticated Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore “special permissions” for Authenticated Users: So what I did was:Opened file explorerRight clicked on the D drive, aka Data D:Clicked permissionsClicked securityClicked editDeleted the “Authenticated Users”And clicked applyWhen I restored the Authenticated Users profile, the last box labeled “Special permissions” is...
  6. How to restore “special permissions” for Authenticated Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore “special permissions” for Authenticated Users: So what I did was:Opened file explorerRight clicked on the D drive, aka Data D:Clicked permissionsClicked securityClicked editDeleted the “Authenticated Users”And clicked applyWhen I restored the Authenticated Users profile, the last box labeled “Special permissions” is...
  7. How to restore “special permissions” for Authenticated Users

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Special permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Special permission: I never had problems with my computer before. But this past weekend I did have a problem, I started up my computer and when I did I got a popup. [ATTACH] Here it is. And I tried to fix it by looking it up and just looking through threads about this happing to other people...
  9. How to delete file that require permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete file that require permission?: [ATTACH] I suspect this file to be a malware, can I do anything to delete this file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-file-that-require-permission/01f01c08-fe85-4235-99bb-ec77b0cabf0e
  10. Unable to delete Adobe: requires special permission. 2009 notes useless.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete Adobe: requires special permission. 2009 notes useless.: Cannot update access for administrator without receiving error. Removing Adobe blocked by permissions. Cannot get notebook to open cmd line. Any ideas? Thank you. HP Steambook...