Windows 10: How do I repair apps in the notification list

Discus and support How do I repair apps in the notification list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Under System - Notifications & actions - Show notifications from these apps I have three entries that have no symbol and a strange looking name.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WindowCleaner, Jan 2, 2017.

1. How do I repair apps in the notification list

Under System - Notifications & actions - Show notifications from these apps I have three entries that have no symbol and a strange looking name.

How do I repair apps in the notification list [​IMG]

I noticed these strange looking apps after the Anniversary update.

I think the Insider Hub and Windows Feedback apps can be removed from this list as they have been mergered to the Feedback Hub, but I don't know how to do this.

The Microsoft.Messaging app looks like it need to be repaired, but which is the best way to do this?

I would really appreciate some help in resolving this issue as it is starting to get on my nerve.

Thanks.

David

:)

WindowCleaner, Jan 2, 2017

2. How do I add an app to the notifications list?

MS help is garbage.

This issue needs to be fixed

DuckHendricks, Jan 2, 2017
  3. How do I add an app to the notifications list?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10

We are researching on the issue; will update the post soon

Rohit Chettri, Jan 2, 2017
  4. How do I repair apps in the notification list

Caledon Ken, Jan 2, 2017
  5. Thanks for letting me know about this tutorial.

I used the tutorial to reset the Messaging app and now the first entry has vanished from the notifications list.

I couldn't find the Insider Hub and Windows Feedback apps in Apps & features, only the Feedback Hub which is shown correctly in the notifications list.

Now I need to find a way to remove these two apps from the notifications list.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

David

WindowCleaner, Jan 2, 2017
  6. Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2017
  7. I tried to uninstall the two Apps using Powershell, but the Insider Hub and Windows Feedback apps couldn't be found.

Seems like they have already been uninstalled, but are still showing in the notifications list.

Any idea how theses apps can be removed from the notifications list?

Thanks.

David

WindowCleaner, Jan 3, 2017
  8. How do I repair apps in the notification list

Might be easier if people saw what you are seeing. Could you produce a screen print. Watch you don't expose user names or other privacy info when posting (email address etc)

Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2017
  9. I'm using a German version of Windows 10, so I'll only make the revelant screenshots so that you can see what I'm referring to.

As these app are not listed in Apps & Features it would seem that they have already been uninstalled, but not removed from the notifications list.

WindowCleaner, Jan 3, 2017
  10. This command is slightly different in Brink's tutorial, within Option 2. Maybe that will do trick.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

If they let you set slider off, I would, then I would ignore. Three months of so we get another build and hopefully that will address. Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2017
  11. I used Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName in Powershell, but it didn't list the Insider Hub and Windows Feedback apps.

This seems to confirm that both apps have been uninstalled, but still showing in the Notifications list with a stange looking name.

Now that I know what the problem is I hope someone will be able to help inexplaining how to delete uninstalled apps from the notification list.

WindowCleaner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I repair apps in the notification list

1. How do I repair apps in the notification list - Similar Threads - repair apps notification

2. How do i remove these app background in app list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove these app background in app list?: i've just updated my windows and it did this, it added background to my apps in app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-app-background-in-app-list/e7a1c6f6-7146-452c-a4c8-a846b6894165
  3. How do i remove these app background in app list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove these app background in app list?: i've just updated my windows and it did this, it added background to my apps in app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-app-background-in-app-list/e7a1c6f6-7146-452c-a4c8-a846b6894165
  4. How do i remove these app background in app list?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change the apps listed in Tops Apps?

in Cortana
    How do I change the apps listed in Tops Apps?: "Top Apps" includes the Calculator app, which I use monthly at best and the sMedio True DVD... app, which I have never used.How do I change the apps listed in Tops Apps see below?Thanks!TOMG...
  6. How do I change the apps listed in Tops Apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the apps listed in Tops Apps?: "Top Apps" includes the Calculator app, which I use monthly at best and the sMedio True DVD... app, which I have never used.How do I change the apps listed in Tops Apps see below?Thanks!TOMG...
  7. How do I change the apps listed in Tops Apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. App is using windows notifications but is not listed in "Notifications and actions"

App is using windows notifications but is not listed in "Notifications and actions": The app is Acronis. Even though there is a checkbox [ ] to stop from showing again, they still pop up offers on special occasions during the year. It is very annoying. What makes it worse is acronis is not listed as a sender. There is a note: "Some senders may have their...
  9. Adding Apps to the Notification app senders list

Adding Apps to the Notification app senders list: In my windows 10 notification and action center settings app senders list I don't see mail among the list. How can I add it to the notification list to get email notifications in my action center....
  10. How can I add a program or app to the list of apps that get notifications?

How can I add a program or app to the list of apps that get notifications?: I used to get notifications from a certain program I have installed, a security program. It had a function called "battery mode" which was set to come on when the battery was below 30% (set by me). So in a way it was a reminder that I should plug it in soon. I tried looking...