Windows 10: How do I repair corrupt files found with /sfc scannow?

Discus and support How do I repair corrupt files found with /sfc scannow? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I installed some extra memory today and have been getting BSOD ever since. (mostly memory management) I ran /sfc scannow and found some corrupt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Arodes, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Arodes Win User

How do I repair corrupt files found with /sfc scannow?

So I installed some extra memory today and have been getting BSOD ever since. (mostly memory management) I ran /sfc scannow and found some corrupt files but I am not sure how to replace/repair them. I have attached the results of the scan to this post so hopefully someone can give me some guidance!

:)

Arodes, Aug 26, 2017
  2. PaulPChou Win User

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them/1709 build

Hi

I had a hard time reading the CBS log and had no clues as to what are the corruptions. I found many errors stating duplicates. How can I send the cbs log file so that you can check on your end? I need your help.

PaulPChou, Aug 26, 2017
  3. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them/1709 build

Addressed to the Microsoft Representative, I am experiencing the same issue. On running sfc /scannow in admin command prompt, it generates a long text saying it found some integrity issues and could not fix them. I also ran the dism.exe commands:

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

It checks out fine, then I ran

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

It also checked out fine.

I updated my windows and restarted 2 times and came back to admin command prompt and ran sfc /scannow.

Still the corrupted files can't be fixed by the windows resource protection. Please Help.

Mayank7668, Aug 26, 2017
  4. How do I repair corrupt files found with /sfc scannow?

Hi Arodes. Welcome to the TenForums @Arodes

First things first, is your memory sound. Please have a look at this tutorial. Your memory should be able to run this test clean, no errors. If errors occur check you've populated correct slots, are using the correct / approved memory for your box (voltage, size, etc)

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

Please have a look at this tutorial on SFC

Run SFC Command in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 26, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    In Search type cmd....on Command Prompt desktop app right click to run as admin.....then copy paste the following.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

dencal, Aug 26, 2017
  6. Arodes Win User
    I have temporarily removed the RAM I bought today and ran /sfc scannow again, no errors this time. I will let the memory test run during the night and get back to you if I find any errors.

Arodes, Aug 26, 2017
  7. Cool. I would think it will fail very fast, it should be error free. Watch slots, capacity, voltage. Your MB should have a listing of "Approved" memory. Not to say some other memory won't work, just what they say works.

Caledon Ken, Aug 27, 2017
  8. Arodes Win User

So I haven't ran the test yet (I need to download some stuff before I go to sleep), but I managed to find a list of qualified vendors list for my motherboard (asus p8z77-m). The list contains the corsair 2x4gb 1866mhz (which is my old ram), but not the kingston 2x4gb 1866mhz (which is the one I bought and causing blue screens). Is it possible that it is incompatible with my motherboard or is that unlikely?

Arodes, Aug 27, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    zbook, Aug 27, 2017
  10. Arodes Win User
    Alright so I ran a memtest and got over a million errors in total. I have also added images of CPU-Z and the results of the DM log collector.

Arodes, Aug 27, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Aug 27, 2017
  12. Arodes Win User
    Oops sorry, my bad. The logs should be in English now.

I changed the memory frequency in the BIOS from 1854 to 1648 and am not receiving any errors anymore from the memtest.

Arodes, Aug 27, 2017
  13. Arodes Win User

Alright I will go through your post step by step and post the results (I downloaded and installed the latest version of the BIOS yesterday. I did not change any settings or overclock anything so it shouldn't be causing any issues):

1) Command prompt results
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0Image
    Version: 10.0.15063.0
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    Error: 0x800f081f
    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos Videos DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Arodes, Aug 27, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    The sfc /scannow did not find any integrity violations.
    So at this time the operating system is Okay.
    Sometimes the dism commands are needed when the scannow cannot complete or when it finds integrity violations that it cannot fix.
    So it is good to have a working command.

Make sure that you are not on a metered connection.

Do you have a bootable windows 10 iso? Download Windows 10
    Insert the flash drive into any USB port.

See which of these DISM commands can and cannot complete:

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    1) dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealth /limitaccess
    4) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim*Biggrin:\Sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    ...................................................................................................D :\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    In the information above it should display wim: immediately followed by D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    The webpage is changing the *Biggrin to a smiley
    5) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess
    6) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess
    7) DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:L:\Windows /LimitAccess
    8) dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    9) dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

zbook, Aug 28, 2017
  15. Arodes Win User
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    Image Version: 10.0.15063.0
    The component store is repairable.The operation completed successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    The component store is repairable.The operation completed successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealth /limitaccess
    [===========================91.3%==================== ]
    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos Videos DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restoreHealth /Source:wim*Biggrin :\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    Error: 87
    DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option ":\sources\install.wim:1".For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim*Biggrin:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    [===========================91.4%==================== ]
    The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos Videos DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess
    [===========================91.4%==================== ]
    The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos Videos DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth /Source:L:\Windows /LimitAccessDeployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /NoRestart /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
    Error: 0x800f0806
    The operation could not be completed due to pending operations.The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /norestart /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos Videos DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logC:\WINDOWS\system32>

I am currently running the HD tune pro tests and once those are done I will post the results.

Arodes, Aug 28, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I repair corrupt files found with /sfc scannow? - Similar Threads - repair corrupt files

2. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cant repair them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cant repair them.: Hello,I am currently trying to play a game and when I launch it I get this error.23:35:56: Starting BattlEye Service... 23:36:00: Launching game... 23:36:01: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game. 23:36:01: [INFO] Blocked loading of file:...
  3. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cant repair them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cant repair them.: Hello,I am currently trying to play a game and when I launch it I get this error.23:35:56: Starting BattlEye Service... 23:36:00: Launching game... 23:36:01: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game. 23:36:01: [INFO] Blocked loading of file:...
  4. Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help! sfc/ scannow found corrupt files.: I found errors in my system when I ran `sfc /scannow` . Is their a problem in my computer? My computer is brand new with a fresh install of windows 10 with no added things. So how did I get errors in my system? Please help me....
  5. sfc scannow found some corrupt files but cannot repair them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sfc scannow found some corrupt files but cannot repair them: I do an sfc scan everyweek just to be on the safer side, but when I ran it this week, it showed some corrupted files which couldn't be repaired, also I couldn't understand the CBS log file, pls help me. For info, I have: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-Bit Build...
  6. SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.: Hello, computer games keep randomly crashing and computer gets BSOD a lot, this is a new build. I ran SFC/scannow and it said there was corrupted files, is there somewhere I can send the report to? I would prefer not to take it to a shop, but will if I have to....
  7. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  8. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them: I've been trying to fix this for a few days now. I've tried the DISM command that that failed as well. I have not been able to interpret the CBS file well enough to single out the exact file(s) that are corrupted. I've tried making sure my network driver is up to date and it....
  9. sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.

in Windows 10 Support
    sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.: Help needed to repair corrupt files found after running sfc /scannow. [img] Running W 10 x64 Home Edition 1903 with latest updates installed. Please redirect this thread if posted on the wrong place. 136378
  10. Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.

Ran sfc /scannow. Found corrupt files.: Hi, I ran sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 desktop and got the response below: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to repair corrupt files found by sfc/scannow win 10